Definitive post about development of Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

Greetings sons and daughters of Calradia.

Since day one, posts have not stopped raining in the forum about the bad development of the game.

As this is a free forum where all voices have a place, all kinds of opinions have been heard, some absurdly poorly raised and others more accurate, although most have touched on disrespect and hopelessness.

Dear friends, I am not here to defend all the practices carried out by Taleworlds, it is evident that there are many things that could be improved in this development process, especially related to developer-community communication, but I ask this question:

Am I the only one who is tired of the same posts week after week?

We must not forget that releasing the game on EA was something that a large part of the community asked for, due to the great general impatience that we all had to play this title.

The game does not have (and surely never will have) a clear and precise roadmap, the rate of updates will never reach our wishes and there will always be some mechanics that do not satisfy 100% of us, but I say, please, enough NOW.

Is the game ready to be played for hours and hours like we did in warband? Not.

Especially the multiplayer (which is what interests me the most) still does not make sense to invest hours in the current state, but I think we have already complained enough, as they say in my lands, the ball is in the Taleworlds roof, and we can only hope, with respect and common sense, that the game is taking steps forward.

Sorry for this large text (full of errors), I just want to remember that by crushing each patch / decision that is made, we only manage to tighten the rope of the bad environment that has been cooking for months in the forum.

Let's try to carry our wishes and proposals to TW with respect to them and for their work!

Greetings to all, brothers and sisters.

The sooner people understand that the game is essentially finished, the better it is for their mental health.

I think it is still too early to say that the game is essentially finished, its speed is slow and the information that reaches us is scarce, but there is no reason to assume that we will not see great new mechanics at some point, we may see them soon :whistle:?

Yeah. As bland and shallow as the game currently is, the new engine opens up a lot of potential, and that potential can be fulfilled with modding. I'm sure Taleworlds know this, for better or worse. Once the game is "finalized", people will be more comfortable making and using mods, and that will improve their gaming experience. Just like how it was with Warband.

Let's try to carry our wishes and proposals to TW with respect to them and for their work!
I show relatively little respect (aside from a modicum of courtesy and avoidance of open insults, which I dislike to offer in general) to people who clearly have no respect whatsoever for the customer/consumer (us) and their time.
When I bought their Early Access product I did this based on two things: hope and trust.
Hope is all an me, silly for thinking they could pull it off.
Trust, though... is all on them. The same way I can be polite (but not respectful) towards the construction company which botched the repairs on my roof last year and which I had to sue when it started raining on my cup of tea I can also be polite towards Taleworlds but also not show them any kind of respect due to their own faults.
That said, I appreciated the level-headedness but I've never fixed "corporate" issues with that kind of behavior. If someone actively misleads you and you answer with kindness and level-headness you will never see a positive change. Just my two cents.

Amen.
We all know that this game will never reach our expectations because we set them too high.
Complaining every day on this forum will not change anything.

Now we wait and we test !
Hope to have an improved game for next year (y)

Amen.
We all know that this game will never reach our expectations because we set them too high.
Complaining every day on this forum will not change anything.

Now we wait and we test !
Hope to have an improved game for next year (y)
Yes, i think in one year more or less all of us will play this in good conditions

i play this game since release, created my kingdom several times and got all settlements on the hardest difficulty without any mods, reloads or exploits used. i dont know what the crying in the forums is all about. the development of the game is awesome since it was released on EA. a lot of things improved and balanced over the last year. "gamers" just like to be toxic those days i guess.

Agreed in all, i myself am guilty of getting too carried out sometimes and entering completely unnecessary heated discussions.

We gave our feedback and unless Taleworlds is completely out of this world they got it, let's wait for the best now.

I've playing M&B since like 2008 and waiting for bannerlord since the first rumors of a sequel started spreading out in the forums, it's kinda hard to see something you waited for so long not live up to the expectations (mine were warband+ and more immersive features) but i'm sure the devs will do all in their power to give us the game the community wants and the modders will improve it brilliantly.

We must not forget that releasing the game on EA was something that a large part of the community asked for, due to the great general impatience that we all had to play this title.

I don't remember asking for a EA with a snail pace development, no road map or consistency, and poor communication, but okay. EA justifies everything here, right?

I don't remember asking for a EA with a snail pace development, no road map or consistency, and poor communication, but okay. EA justifies everything here, right?
I didn't ask for it either (EA) but I understand the people who asked for it.

EA does not justify everything, but it explain other many things, what is not justifiable (for me) is to limit yourself to bombarding the forum with everything you do not like about the game without taking into account the many good things that Bannerlord already has, I do not know , I think the healthiest thing to do is wait patiently and give a video game the importance it deserves, everything else seems to me to be whimsical comments from rude people who have never tried to make a game themselves.

Back
Top Bottom