Defined battle map border?

Users who are viewing this thread

Ichon

Sergeant at Arms
Anyone know if there is a way to make the battle map edges more defined? Getting annoying lately when I am trying to solo up to level 30 or so and doing well taking on groups of 30 D'Shar Raiders except when I run headfirst into the map border I couldn't see and 20 Raiders run me thru. Last battle it happened twice and my shield was shattered and horse killed in about 5 seconds. Would have been fine if not for that. The worst part is often all the enemy trap me against the invisible map edge and I can't move out so many of them so that is battle over.

I think that the mapborder is hardcoded (without knowing it, but thats the response the clever people always give), since it doesn't matter which mod you play in. My suggestion would be so unuseful as: press backspace now and then to make sure it isn't happening. Sorry :???:

Screw the minimap. If you take care and realize the difference in texture and usually the little elevation marking the boundary plus the blur of the offbattlemap textures you´ll avoid beeing trapped in the border. It´s easier that way as looking at the minimap usually ceases your ability to steer properly and screw´s up the camera angle (which can be even deadlier than beeing caught at the borderline).

True, haven't had time to play for some time now (damn education), so i totally forgot about that part.
Btw, what horse do you use? A courser?

Right now Heavy Dun Hunter. I usually look for the best combo of speed, maneuver, and charge. Armor is least important except vs knights or heavy infantry or mass archers but mass archers is usually bad idea solo unless they are really low level.

Well my PC is only level 8 so 20-30 D'Shar Raiders is still a challenge at that level. I think part of the problem is 5 riding on a 3 mount makes it go pretty fast and the D'Shar chieftain for some reason runs right for the map edge nearly every time. It is also sometimes just a bit too tempting to chase the guy down who I know only take one more hit to kill and get a little to close to the edge but it is hard to judge. I thought I read about a mod which painted a color on the ground at map edge which takes a bit from immersion but then so do invisible walls.

Usually I can notice the different textures on the edge but terrain with some small hills or trees even in the steppes can make it hard to spot. I actually never knew about the minimap. I always thought it was weird there was absolutely no reference point once on battle map. Been lost on there so many times.

Back
Top Bottom