Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
No dump file

ping827

Recruit
Summary: basically defending a siege with 1k battle size. Eventually lags after 30 minutes into the Siege
How to Reproduce: 1k battle size (my other game settings I put at the lowest while keeping battle size at 1k, but it still happens after a while) . Now the battle that i am having in story mode campaign is 2500 vs 565 . As game starts its not bad at all, i take a small party of infantry to come out as we destroy their battering ram before it reaches walls, i destroy the siege tower on the left by myself , the units are all coming from the right side with two ladders. I defend the right side only . After a while game fps drops significantly and game is supper laggy and stutters. Best way to fix this was for the Ai pathfinding fix, like even though they lost their Ram they should use their weapons to destroy the first gate because according to everyone after the first gate is taken out , lagging becomes less. Hope this helps . When lag starts fps goes from 14 then as more time passes becomes 8fps until unplayable . I ended up finishing the battle with a loss after like an hour and half , but wow the game was almost unplayable at the end. Bright side open battles are running smooth at 1k and i dont have to put my settings low at all.
Scene Name (if related): Defending Siege
Media (Screenshots & Video): I’ll post if need to
Computer Specs:
GPU: Evga GTX 1080 FTW2
GPU Driver Version:sad: Latest date of post )
CPU: I9 10900KF
RAM: 16GB
Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix Z490-E Gaming
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): M.2 Samsung Evo Pro 500 GB

We have a special performance build to check for these issues by collecting telemetry data. Can you switch to that build, test your performance and send us your data?
  1. Switch to “perf_test” from the Steam betas tab. You can find more info about it here.
  2. Open the game as usual and proceed to the stage where you are experiencing performance issues.
  3. Before the performance issues start, toggle the profiling tool by holding the “right shift” and pressing the “T” key.
  4. Record for 20-30 seconds, press the toggle key combination again. Please keep in mind that, the more you record, the more upload time it will require.
  5. Find the "test.tmcap" file in the "...\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client" folder. You can find the "Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" folder inside Steam’s application library folder.
  6. Finally, upload the file to the "upload.taleworlds.com" site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. It is appreciated if you provide more information about your PC, what you were doing while the game was recording and your graphics configuration. If the data you are trying to upload is too big or the site fails to upload, you can use an alternative site to upload your data. If you choose to do that please left a reply to this thread with the download link.

I was just playing the siege defense . I noticed it started to happen when around 1k of the enemy had died. They only had the stairs to go up since i destroyed their battering ram
And siege tower. Guess that could be why.

i sent the video btw. Using your instructions to that link etc

I've been informed that the combat team has done a number of optimization tasks for combat performance over the last months. Although they are not a 100% fix for spikes, the overall performance is increased. Thanks for reporting with the relevant data, without it we were not able to pinpoint the issue!

Back
Top Bottom