defeated kingdoms

Users who are viewing this thread

quick question - is the 'defeated kingdom' mechanic still a thing? do lords/ladies/clans in v1.0.0 begin to defect when their kingdom is down to 0 fiefs? I've been carrying over a Khuzait save from the late betas where Aserai are down to 0 towns and 0 castles (and have been for ages) and twice now they've declared war and started a revolt. As soon as any other kingdom declares war, they capitalise and declare war as well, immediately. I own 3 Aserai towns and one Aserai castle and now ALL my villages are being raided pretty much simultaneously. I've been waiting for full release to do an Empire save but is it worth it? is it just a bug? or is this just the game - a continuous series of revolts and burning villages?

It's not a bug! They will keep raiding you until they are dead. This has been a constant pain for a long time now.
You can try to capture them and keep them there (check perks: keen sight + mobile prison)

or is this just the game - a continuous series of revolts and burning villages?
This is the game, in the name of giving factions a chance to come back from the dead.

If you can stand the grind, once you hold every single fief your lords won't form any more armies and will spread out then capture most of the loose parties.

This is the game, in the name of giving factions a chance to come back from the dead.

If you can stand the grind, once you hold every single fief your lords won't form any more armies and will spread out then capture most of the loose parties.
The problem is that I'm now at war with the Empire so all my armies are fighting them, because they're still a major threat. I recently got voted to be the new King so I can declare peace whenever I want but it's 200 influence each time. I might have to adjust some of the levels on the Diplomacy mod like the influence balancing stuff. If I'm spending 200 influence every time another kingdom, and thus it seems, the Aserai, declare war, I'd like to build up 8k influence so 200 each time doesn't feel like a waste/drain. Or I'll just have to charm their clan leaders into joining the Khuzaits. that or, y'know, round them up and execute them all. anything to stop my most profitable towns from starving. nice to know the state of play at least.

For complete eradication, you need to execute the last survivors of their faction afaik.

Then the game will show "this faction destroyed" cutscene.

do lords/ladies/clans in v1.0.0 begin to defect when their kingdom is down to 0 fiefs?
NO, you can take the entire map and nobody will have switched factions by the end. Devs have said they should go to other faction as the faction kingdom bank runs out of money BUT they gave them too much money so it doesn't matter. There's even more problems with it too, even if they gave them less money and cheats.
1 They might (IF it worked) go to another faction randomly, for free, instantly, BUT NOT THE PLAYER'S, so it's just more AI cheat garbage where they ignore game mechanic and don't need resources..
2 Even if you wanted to legitimately recruit every clan YOU CAN'T because they stop giving you the dialogue once you have a large amount of clans.
3 Even if they did change to other AI factions you would still end up with a huge AI faction that you can't recruit who would never ever go away! So if the mechanic worked the way TW meant it may become even more annoying as it would be 1 big faction forever or....
4 If it worked, late game the AI clans may also be calculating every day to keep changing factions constantly and grossly slow down the game and probably cause CTD or freezes.

NO, you can take the entire map and nobody will have switched factions by the end. Devs have said they should go to other faction as the faction kingdom bank runs out of money BUT they gave them too much money so it doesn't matter. There's even more problems with it too, even if they gave them less money and cheats.
1 They might (IF it worked) go to another faction randomly, for free, instantly, BUT NOT THE PLAYER'S, so it's just more AI cheat garbage where they ignore game mechanic and don't need resources..
2 Even if you wanted to legitimately recruit every clan YOU CAN'T because they stop giving you the dialogue once you have a large amount of clans.
3 Even if they did change to other AI factions you would still end up with a huge AI faction that you can't recruit who would never ever go away! So if the mechanic worked the way TW meant it may become even more annoying as it would be 1 big faction forever or....
4 If it worked, late game the AI clans may also be calculating every day to keep changing factions constantly and grossly slow down the game and probably cause CTD or freezes.
No, I have cleared the kingdom bank of battania with a mod, have capture all their fiefs, after 5 in-game years, all battanian clans are still part of Battania with 0% defection score.
I think the tribut system is completly buggy, because the kingdom bank of battania has increase in gold after, so some stupid AI faction, pays money to a fiefless and 10 troops only party faction.

No, I have cleared the kingdom bank of battania with a mod, have capture all their fiefs, after 5 in-game years, all battanian clans are still part of Battania with 0% defection score.
I think the tribut system is completly buggy, because the kingdom bank of battania has increase in gold after, so some stupid AI faction, pays money to a fiefless and 10 troops only party faction.
That's not a NO that's an Also, I said they never switch too!

Back
Top Bottom