Defeated factions keeps declearing war and raiding my fiefs...

Users who are viewing this thread

99maboje

Recruit
So I have conquered a decent shunk of the world but im facing annoying problems that should not exist.... After you take out a whole faction out (taking all their fiefs) they should go away or join another faction, but they just keep coming back, and when they raid all my villages my lords don't do anything since they only seem to react if there is a castle or town to siege. And this is such bs and ruins the whole campaign for me. Since im a lord of my faction I can't convince them to join me either...
Does anyone have tips for me or anything I can do?
Otherwise EXPLAIN yourself TaleWorlds...

Faction destruction is something we should expect in October on full release.
I had this problem, too. Remnants of a defeated faction raided my villages in their former territory, very annoying.

Yeah they often can't catch them in time so it becomes beny hill back and forth forever.
I hope so, but I'm concerned that TW may want to use things like this to try to pad out the game. As is they have chance to leave when they run out of money but they have so much money (including hidden faction money) that it can be years before anyone leaves. IMO they should leave the faction at least as fast as in warband and also leave the realm if they are on bad terms with everyone already and of course also ask to join your faction just like the AI factions.

I had this problem, too. Remnants of a defeated faction raided my villages in their former territory, very annoying.
Uh I wouldn't

I'm pretty sure they (TW) don't want Kingdom destruction. Everything about this game is made with the mindset of there always being the same 6 Factions/Cultures present so there's a constant state of war (even though none of it makes any sense).

I don't have a problem with Kingdoms being hard to destroy, many times Kingdoms/Nations have risen from the ashes in reality. IMO it would be better if when a Kingdom loses its last fief it effectively becomes a Minor Clan at permanent war with whoever "destroyed" them. Problem is Minor Clans can't take fiefs, so they'd have to do some work to make them unique. That or they become Claimants - but hey that's totally missing from this game as well!

I get that a fiefless faction basically ends up as "terrorists" extorting actual Kingdoms, but doesn't really jive with how tribute/reparations is calculated for rest of the game. The other problem is I'm pretty sure all these Kingdoms have a secret piggy bank. If a rogue Kingdom is giving you trouble; you should be able to effectively capture and lock up the "rebels" indefinitely. Or you know kill them. Don't know why this game has an execution mechanic since it's totally unused. And using it just once as the player basically makes you Public Enemy #1 of Calradia, at which point you basically have to embrace the Dark Side.

Late game just isn't terribly well thought out. Once you reach a certain size like 12,000-15,000 Troops you can pretty much steam roll everyone into submission as long as you the player are calling the shots Kingdom wise to stop your vassals from being idiots. Strat proves this:

So I guess there isn't a need since you basically reach a certain point that may as well be "Victory"

Game would be a lot better if say Kingdom ruler could give Armies objectives. Also the game desperately needs some form of basic Diplomacy
  • Having some kind of casus belli and again objective for a war (i.e. take a particular fief, weaken a Kingdom, stop paying tribute, etc.)
  • Having actual Truces/Ceasefires
  • Kingdoms should form Alliances against any single Kingdom that starts becoming too powerful
  • Actual explanations for paying Tribute, etc.

Honestly because there's no cultural conversion in this game, I would just hard program every Kingdom to more or less focus on maintaining it's defacto fiefs with war interest fading with every non-culture fief taken. Of course cultural conversion could make for a somewhat interesting late game mechanic (imagine if you could theoretically make eveyone Khuzait heh) - though it should obviously be a very slow process. Like it should take 10 in-game years to convert a Castle/Town and you can't lose it during that time, otherwise progress is reset. And make it progressively harder. Like converting the first Battanian fief might take 10 years, but the last one should take like 100 years.

Just strikes me as weird the "Calradic Empire" was able to convert existing peoples to become "Imperial", but this sort of feature is wholly missing from the game.

Uh I wouldn't

I'm pretty sure they (TW) don't want Kingdom destruction. Everything about this game is made with the mindset of there always being the same 6 Factions/Cultures present so there's a constant state of war (even though none of it makes any sense).
I think you're right about that. They don't want all the factions to disappear too fast or your grandchildren won't have anyone to fight. There are less annoying ways to handle it than having these flies endlessly buzzing around your fiefs forever, though. Its not like they have a realistic chance of reestablishing themselves anyway. As soon as they manage to steal a new fief for themselves they just lose it again right away.

If they really wanted to keep these factions around for the future, and not be so annoying, they could make them leave the map for a good long time. And then after like 5 years or so, when you're least expecting it, they come back as invaders, with their lords at full strength and with full war coffers so that they actually have a chance of accomplishing something. Give them like a year to take and hold some fiefs, and if they can't manage it, then they go away again for a few more years. That could be kind of fun. Lingering around forever as homeless zombie factions is not fun.

Uh I wouldn't

I don't have a problem with Kingdoms being hard to destroy, many times Kingdoms/Nations have risen from the ashes in reality. IMO it would be better if when a Kingdom loses its last fief it effectively becomes a Minor Clan at permanent war with whoever "destroyed" them. Problem is Minor Clans can't take fiefs, so they'd have to do some work to make them unique. That or they become Claimants - but hey that's totally missing from this game as well!

I get that a fiefless faction basically ends up as "terrorists" extorting actual Kingdoms, but doesn't really jive with how tribute/reparations is calculated for rest of the game. The other problem is I'm pretty sure all these Kingdoms have a secret piggy bank. If a rogue Kingdom is giving you trouble; you should be able to effectively capture and lock up the "rebels" indefinitely. Or you know kill them. Don't know why this game has an execution mechanic since it's totally unused. And using it just once as the player basically makes you Public Enemy #1 of Calradia, at which point you basically have to embrace the Dark Side.

Late game just isn't terribly well thought out. Once you reach a certain size like 12,000-15,000 Troops you can pretty much steam roll everyone into submission as long as you the player are calling the shots Kingdom wise to stop your vassals from being idiots. Strat proves this:

So I guess there isn't a need since you basically reach a certain point that may as well be "Victory"

Game would be a lot better if say Kingdom ruler could give Armies objectives. Also the game desperately needs some form of basic Diplomacy
  • Having some kind of casus belli and again objective for a war (i.e. take a particular fief, weaken a Kingdom, stop paying tribute, etc.)
  • Having actual Truces/Ceasefires
  • Kingdoms should form Alliances against any single Kingdom that starts becoming too powerful
  • Actual explanations for paying Tribute, etc.

Honestly because there's no cultural conversion in this game, I would just hard program every Kingdom to more or less focus on maintaining it's defacto fiefs with war interest fading with every non-culture fief taken. Of course cultural conversion could make for a somewhat interesting late game mechanic (imagine if you could theoretically make eveyone Khuzait heh) - though it should obviously be a very slow process. Like it should take 10 in-game years to convert a Castle/Town and you can't lose it during that time, otherwise progress is reset. And make it progressively harder. Like converting the first Battanian fief might take 10 years, but the last one should take like 100 years.

Just strikes me as weird the "Calradic Empire" was able to convert existing peoples to become "Imperial", but this sort of feature is wholly missing from the game.

You can even steam roll them while your vassals are idiots too, I just let vassal run wild and save all influence to make more clans. One thing is if you have a choice between stopping a siege and doing your own, always attack. If I'm closer to enemy fief then fief being attacked, I always siege enemy fief. Maybe the AI will get their siege off, maybe the vassals will show up and stop it, but I can 100% complete my siege and often much faster then the AI. Engineering is not as good as in warband where max engineering on MC gave instant siege prep, but it's enough you can probably do 2-3 sieges while the AI struggles to do 1. And any siege the enemy completes is left in poor defense making it easy for stupid vassals to come take back, where as I can focus on the well stocked enemy fiefs.

You can even steam roll them while your vassals are idiots too, I just let vassal run wild and save all influence to make more clans. One thing is if you have a choice between stopping a siege and doing your own, always attack. If I'm closer to enemy fief then fief being attacked, I always siege enemy fief. Maybe the AI will get their siege off, maybe the vassals will show up and stop it, but I can 100% complete my siege and often much faster then the AI. Engineering is not as good as in warband where max engineering on MC gave instant siege prep, but it's enough you can probably do 2-3 sieges while the AI struggles to do 1. And any siege the enemy completes is left in poor defense making it easy for stupid vassals to come take back, where as I can focus on the well stocked enemy fiefs.
That gets old real fast though. Personally, I think the best way to improve the late game would be to streamline it rather than drag it out.

Instead of having to conquer each and every last fief, what if at a certain point when an enemy faction is weakened enough, you could initiate a final battle? The enemy lords get all their armies artificially filled to the max with good troops and you meet for one big battle to decide it all. You win and the enemy faction's gone for good and you take all their remaining properties. You lose and suffer some appropriately large penalty like giving up a bunch of your fiefs

Honestly, this should be streamlined as a feature. Imagine the last clan of a kingdom becoming raiders and bandits, and ****ing your country out of spite or survival, and capturing and killing them didn't make you lose reputation, that would be cool af. In fact, this is how bandit factions should work, they should be actual groups you could murder and capture

I've asked this a couple of weeks back and I believe it was Duh who responded to me that this is on the agenda as something to fix.
I'd like to see that statement - I cannot honestly believe they'll have it figured out by release though. So many other things they are lagging on such as battle terrain (knew this wouldn't get finished in time LOL), voice over, etc.

Honestly, this should be streamlined as a feature. Imagine the last clan of a kingdom becoming raiders and bandits, and ****ing your country out of spite or survival, and capturing and killing them didn't make you lose reputation, that would be cool af. In fact, this is how bandit factions should work, they should be actual groups you could murder and capture
That'd be good

Really wish they'd re-work executions so it's an actual viable mechanic, instead of "oh neat I can do this, but now all Calradia thinks I'm the devil". Be even better if the A.I. made use of it too (just not random though - with known cause/effect). Might make you think twice about relations getting to -100 you know? This how I would have executions impact relations gain/loss:

Clan of executed: -100 relations
Friends of executed: -50 relations
Fellow vassals of executed: -25 relations
Merciful/Honest/Valor Nobles: -10 relations
All Nobles: -5 relations
Cruel/Dishonest/Cowardly Nobles: +10 relations
Vassals at war with executed: +15 relations
Enemies of executed: +25 relations

Is it so wrong to just have a little evilgasm when I execute said Lord's son and he'd respond "You bass turd! You killed my son! When I get my hands on you..." then you defeat him in battle right after.
EmptyAcrobaticHippopotamus-max-1mb.gif

Sorry for getting a bit off topic here. But you got admit it'd be a nice dilemma if say when you defeated a Kingdom and when it's remaining members turn bandit you either have to choose between suffering endless raids while holding the moral highground or get out your executioner's axe and bring a true end to things.

I'd like to see that statement - I cannot honestly believe they'll have it figured out by release though. So many other things they are lagging on such as battle terrain (knew this wouldn't get finished in time LOL), voice over, etc.
You could look through his recent posts or use the search button if you want to.
But it was a mere acknowledgement of the issue and a stated intent to fix it. No timeline provided.

I don't know what they will or wont do before release. Nobody knows.

They can bounce back...

Took all of Battania's settlements, made them all homeless. Sturgia was at war witht he Northern Empire. Battania did piggyback on that war and captured 2 of Sturgias settlements.

If they really wanted to keep these factions around for the future, and not be so annoying, they could make them leave the map for a good long time. And then after like 5 years or so, when you're least expecting it, they come back as invaders, with their lords at full strength and with full war coffers so that they actually have a chance of accomplishing something. Give them like a year to take and hold some fiefs, and if they can't manage it, then they go away again for a few more years. That could be kind of fun. Lingering around forever as homeless zombie factions is not fun.
This worked well in the first medieval total war.
Really wish they'd re-work executions so it's an actual viable mechanic, instead of "oh neat I can do this, but now all Calradia thinks I'm the devil".
Absolutely. And the opinion of the members should be much less important than the opinion of the clan leader.

They can bounce back...

Took all of Battania's settlements, made them all homeless. Sturgia was at war witht he Northern Empire. Battania did piggyback on that war and captured 2 of Sturgias settlements.
Another way of looking at it is it's just a poorly thought out mechanic to extend the late game, which is already laborious and boring asf.

Back
Top Bottom