In Progress Default-Posed Empty/Ghost Characters

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
I'm pretty sure that this is a known issue but I'm kinda tired of seeing this every single time I connect to a server. This issue is there for like months already. Since there is no fix going on, I'm thinking that it's not "that much" known as I first imagined.

Issue:
In multiplayer, you are seeing T-posed/Default characters standing on the map occasionally. I couldn't identify a pattern that is causing this but it's annoying as hell.

Sometimes there are four objects/humans and sometimes there are none. They don't have any colliders, they are not blocking you or anything however it's breaking the gameplay in MP because they look like legit characters sometimes.
When the issue happens, they are only visible to me - as far as I can understand. Therefore the issue is probably related to server-client communication.
Even though I don't have any proof, I think this is happening when I connect to server not right after it starts but while the match is already going on.
Never experienced this in Captain mode. Only in Siege and TDM so far.

My guess: Already dead characters in the game fails to use ragdoll when I connect and therefore resulting in this strange-looking model.
Possible hacky solution: Retrigger ragdolls for all dead bodies after the client connects, so that they will fall to the ground.
Another hacky solution: Simply remove all dead bodies after game initialized and client connected to the host.

Screenshot: (just an example)
_sWCw.jpg

Another example
ZzQgY.jpg

Both taken today by the way

Edit: Some extra information and such.

Last edited:
This is still happening and it's quite annoying.

So here is a wild guess + a bit more analysis.

In MissionNetworkComponent.cs we have the following line
C#:
private void HandleServerEventMakeAgentDead(MakeAgentDead message)
    {
      message.Agent.MakeDead(message.IsKilled, message.ActionCodeIndex);
    }
It takes an ActionCodeIndex, which is essentially a ActionIndexCache type. If this param sent as the following ( which is the default and only static one ) ActionIndexCache.act_none then you are even able to see ghost/no-collider characters in Singleplayer. I'm guessing that server isn't finding the death action index cache for those people since they are dead before player join, so it's sending the default one instead. And that's bad.

Anyway, whether real reason is this or not, I must say, this ghost people stuff is really bad for gameplay.

Almost one year has passed since I reported it - yet this issue still remains. Perhaps it will get a lightning-fast fix if I say it's not Politically Correct like in the case of "Death" information from the scoreboard?

Anyways, here:
EwIT7.jpg

Not a clear screenshot since I was getting chased by 3 dudes but you got the idea. It's still there and always staying in the scene which is extremely annoying

Version 1.6.3

Back
Top Bottom