Dedicated servers

Users who are viewing this thread

I also dislike TW's shyness when it comes to sharing information about their game with the community, but i am not promised to learn those features in first place, and that TW is free to act however they want.

That still doesn't change the fact that, TW is so so so and soooo shy, when it comes to listing features here and there. I understand that full feature list probably isn't known by themselves, and they are probably working their best to slide as many feature as possible into the game before EA. Yet, i am hundred percent sure that there are some features that they sure are in the game. I mean, one month left and we don't even know how basic SP features (mostly related diplomacy) would work, and that people still sharing their hopes, ideas & wishes in threads after threads, becauce they don't know anything actually. I also think that not telling dedicated servers won't be there in EA earlier is also one big mistake, since, i'm sick of Powerbits01's whining about it day/night but he is right in something that, some people already rented servers or such, planned events and such, for EA. They should have know the situation of dedicated servers months and months ago, instead of just a month ago.

Imo, TW shouldn't feel that much shy, and maybe they can share some confirmed SP features at least in one forum thread. Full feature list would be shared few days before EA as they stated. It won't harm anyone to learn about the game a bit more rn, there is just one month left.

We are all in the same boat, i wanted to know if the game is ready on mp level.
Its not.
You can call it whining, but i have hundreds of potential customers asking the same.
I know now

Are you trying to force taleworlds to give the dedicated server files or else you wont say to your "hundreds of potential customers" to get the game?

ok boomer
I am giving the point of view that communities would be intrested.
Nobody is forcing nothing..but i have a right to ask...

Come on dude, even if one of your community member visits this forum and saw you whining, he would also tell you to "stop, you are embarrassing us" lol. I don't think TW can be manipulated to change it's decision over dedicated servers in EA, by spamming posts in this forum. It would rather annoy other MP players.

Rock on POWERBITS01, the more you spam the earlier we'll get the servers!

P.S. I suggest saying "thousands (and I mean THOUSANDS) of potential customers" for a stronger effect.
Did i treaten your little SP world ?
Well a gamedev could be persuaded if we would be one line.
Sorry to have bothered you , i will be very quiet now because that helps!

The things that made the game interesting are massive multiplayer battles and unique singleplayer, not 6v6 competitive matches..
I like Skirmish mode, but to see the entire multiplayer component be focused on such a niche gamemode really hurts. So much potential is being thrown out the window for a gamemode hardly anyone cares about.

Coming back to this thread is great. But after toying around in MP more I can safely say TDM is a joke, skirmish is fun if you're in a 6 stack, then again this could be bias on my part. I refuse to play DOTA without 4-5 of my mates, soloq is a joke. If you're not stacking, chances are you could go up against a stacked team, that's never fun.

Captain battle might be the only consistently fun mode, if only for the new command interface. I'm quite concerned about the queues for these modes overall, look at Warband, CTF was dead since it's conception. The only viable modes were really duel, TDM, siege, and battle(which isn't in Bannerlord) I was quite disappointed to find out there was no siege in the Beta, it's probably going to be a very exciting gamemode.

After a good time of thought though, I've came to the conclusion no private servers probably isn't going to be the worst thing for this game. I'd much rather see them come later if it means better servers, and I should be intoxicated by the singleplayer enough to not care. My biggest concern regarding the private servers was a very selfish, albeit A real fear, I fear I might have burnt myself out. I quickly realised after countless thousands of hours on Warband that never happened. Truthfully, I just want the game to be successful.

I still do hope servers aren't sidelined and come out whenever they're in a stable state rather than at the end of EA, that would really suck.

Coming back to this thread is great. But after toying around in MP more I can safely say TDM is a joke, skirmish is fun if you're in a 6 stack, then again this could be bias on my part. I refuse to play DOTA without 4-5 of my mates, soloq is a joke. If you're not stacking, chances are you could go up against a stacked team, that's never fun.

Captain battle might be the only consistently fun mode, if only for the new command interface. I'm quite concerned about the queues for these modes overall, look at Warband, CTF was dead since it's conception. The only viable modes were really duel, TDM, siege, and battle(which isn't in Bannerlord) I was quite disappointed to find out there was no siege in the Beta, it's probably going to be a very exciting gamemode.

After a good time of thought though, I've came to the conclusion no private servers probably isn't going to be the worst thing for this game. I'd much rather see them come later if it means better servers, and I should be intoxicated by the singleplayer enough to not care. My biggest concern regarding the private servers was a very selfish, albeit A real fear, I fear I might have burnt myself out. I quickly realised after countless thousands of hours on Warband that never happened. Truthfully, I just want the game to be successful.

I still do hope servers aren't sidelined and come out whenever they're in a stable state rather than at the end of EA, that would really suck.
Congratulations, dude. A little self-reflection is never a bad thing. My compliments.

We are all in the same boat, i wanted to know if the game is ready on mp level.
Its not.
You can call it whining, but i have hundreds of potential customers asking the same.
I know now

I feel you man, I know a whole community who also desperately wants servers, we want it more than anything. Unfortunately, I don't think TW cares that much about people complaining on the forums, they'll do what they want, when they want.

I like Skirmish mode, but to see the entire multiplayer component be focused on such a niche gamemode really hurts. So much potential is being thrown out the window for a gamemode hardly anyone cares about.

+1

it's a interesting gamemode but the main people who will want to tryhard this mod are the wannabe pro player

Back
Top Bottom