Dedicated servers

Users who are viewing this thread

Well i agree , but you dont need to be at work to check yours notifications on your phone or else ^^
true but I dont reply to calls, texts or emails about work when I'm home because I wish to function like a normal guy and be free when they arent paying me xD

I didn’t answer on this topic yet, but I can only be with my companions on the main subject. In my opinion, as I said on the other thread, despite the fact that we will not be able to gather and organize events and things as we would like to, I’m afraid that the future players will not play on the multiplayer more than 1/2 months on a Tropical’s Paradise’s like...

Hello,

sad to hear that there will be most likely no DS Files for us in near early access.
The only way i can understand this... is by seeing this under the aspect "new players".
So maybe everyone can experience MP as it was planned?

But Taleworlds,i have to say there were many AAA games making the same decision.
Looking back i cant see where this really worked out for the community and the developer in a much better way.
At the end TW will clearly disturb organic community growth with that decision.
(hopes you get what im trying to post here, not a native speaker)

Btw.. i dont think that "not buying the game because there is no DS" is too valuable to TW. :smile:
I'll buy it anyways as maybe the most of you. Ofc Respect for you staying with the point srsly.

Early Access is not the release of the game - it's a testing phase. They probably want to make sure the standard features work properly before they start allowing a chunk of the user-base to go off doing their own thing. Multiplayer has been in closed Beta for a few months; the March 31st release is mostly about introducing the Singleplayer aspect of the game to the public in an open (paid-for) Beta. The Multiplayer part of the game is still in development, but is switching from a closed invitation-only free Beta to a paid-for open Beta. That doesn't mean it's finished, either.

Private servers and MP mods could actually harm (or slow down, at least) the development of the standard MP gamemodes that they are still trying to develop, by taking players away from it. They clearly don't want people organising private events or playing modded versions yet; they presumably want the people who participate in Early Access to test the base game functions on TW's own servers so that they can finish them and make sure it all works properly first.

However long the game has been in development up to now, the reality at this point in time is that the game is not finished yet. That's what Early Access is - an unfinished, feature incomplete, pre-release test version of the game that you can opt into in order to help contribute to its development, if you want to. If you aren't interested in contributing to the development according to the schedule of feature introduction that TW are using, TW are actively encouraging you to hold off from buying it until the bits you're interested in are ready. They can't magically make it more finished than it is, and they have to set priorities as to which aspects can be phased in when, and in what order. Private servers, modding and the associated player communities that make them up are apparently a priority for a later phase of the game's development, and I don't think it's unreasonable or controversial for TW to want to get the base functionality done - or near done - before they start encouraging the community to get creative with it.

It'll come. They're not neglecting your community, they're just not quite ready yet!

Early Access is not the release of the game - it's a testing phase
yes and multiplayer plays a big part in testing! Dont use the EA card as excuse for anything that goes wrong! Games get destroyed , regardless or EArly Acces or not!
If its out, people judge the game!

Devs promising stuff that will maybe one day come is a very bad sign!

yes and multiplayer plays a big part in testing! Dont use the EA card as excuse for anything that goes wrong! Games get destroyed , regardless or EArly Acces or not!
If its out, people judge the game!

Devs promising stuff that will maybe one day come is a very bad sign!

Sure, Taleworld's need to communicate what their plans are, and at least give some rough timeframes when it comes to community based features like modding and private game servers, because there are many people out there making plans around that.
The early access games I've tried out in the past have always seen much better and friendlier community interaction the more open and transparent the Devs have been about progress. What annoys people is long periods of not knowing what's going on with development, especially when they've paid for it already. People will judge an early access game favourably, even if it's missing certain crucial features, as long as they are confident that those features are forthcoming down the line.

I wouldn't be surprised if TW offered to rent servers via an in-game button a few weeks into the EA. It's a recent concept in several games (Mordhau, Minecraft, etc).
They’ve already responded to the overwhelming number of posts about this subject: there won’t be private servers at the EA release.They encourage you not to buy the game if you feel that’s a critical component of your experience.
To be completely honest. I'm also a fan of the single-player of the game series and will buy the game nonetheless, but I'm not completely blind yet.
I actually find it humiliating how little progress there has been. You got 138 devblogs in total and a large percentage is lore, personal interviews with developers, stating existing things in Warband as if they were new concepts, or just speculations.

Not targeted at you necessary, but imagine if the developers of No Man's Sky just told everyone a month from release that ''Oh, yeah, by the way, everything we promised isn't available upon launch, but if you don't want the game with less features than those which were hyped, just don't buy it. You should be grateful even if it's just an UI and graphical update.'' (Oh, wait, they did!) That's the real entitlement here, and you must be a fool to grasp at straws trying to defend the game releasing in such a state after eight years, even if you exploit a non-relevant argument of ''they basically created the early access-concept''.

Last edited:
imagine if the developers of No Man's Sky just told everyone a month from release that ''Oh, yeah, by the way, everything we promised isn't available upon launch, but if you don't want the game with less features than those which were hyped, just don't buy it. You should be grateful even if it's just an UI and graphical update.'' (Oh, wait, they did!) That's the real entitlement here, and you must be a fool to grasp at straws trying to defend the game releasing in such a state after eight years, even if you exploit a non-relevant argument of ''they basically created the early access-concept''.
I understand that you're upset but take a few breaths and ask yourself honestly, is this a fair comparison?

I wouldn't be surprised if TW offered to rent servers via an in-game button a few weeks into the EA. It's a recent concept in several games (Mordhau, Minecraft, etc).

To be completely honest. I'm also a fan of the single-player of the game series and will buy the game nonetheless, but I'm not completely blind yet.
I actually find it humiliating how little progress there has been. You got 138 devblogs in total and a large percentage is lore, personal interviews with developers, stating existing things in Warband as if they were new concepts, or just speculations.

Not targeted at you necessary, but imagine if the developers of No Man's Sky just told everyone a month from release that ''Oh, yeah, by the way, everything we promised isn't available upon launch, but if you don't want the game with less features than those which were hyped, just don't buy it. You should be grateful even if it's just an UI and graphical update.'' (Oh, wait, they did!) That's the real entitlement here, and you must be a fool to grasp at straws trying to defend the game releasing in such a state after eight years, even if you exploit a non-relevant argument of ''they basically created the early access-concept''.

I’m just passing along a message, dude. There was no endorsement of the message. Chill out, man.

Remember that this is an Early Access release. It is not a full release. Your comparison between No Man’s Sky and BL is inappropriate. NMS didn’t release Early Access, without fair warning that the game wasn’t feature complete. You’re comparing apples to oranges.

There is so much wrong in this i won't even try. Just read what you just wrote please

Bannerlord is not being released on March 31st.

The single player beta is being released, and the multi player beta is continuing as it was, except that you now don't need an invitation to participate.
Neither aspect of the game is finished yet, nor advertised as finished.

I understand that you're upset but take a few breaths and ask yourself honestly, is this a fair comparison?
Swap out the game if you want to. The point wasn't whether the games were released as EA or not, but focused on the hype and promises built around the releases. We've known that Bannerlord will be released as EA, but it wasn't until recently we knew exactly how much will be lacking. I thought at most that all features would be in-game, but it'd be bugs or not optimized. So sure, it might've been a salty comparison. Does ''Early Access'' make a game immune to criticism? Apparently, as the main counter-argument is to tell people to wait with purchase, or that people are entitled for wondering why some basic things aren't provided at launch. That wouldn't be my response to criticism. It would have an explanation and the only one here able to give an explanation is TaleWorlds, even if some here are quick to defend an issue that might not lie as close to their hearts as it does others in this thread.
I’m just passing along a message, dude. There was no endorsement of the message. Chill out, man.

Remember that this is an Early Access release. It is not a full release. Your comparison between No Man’s Sky and BL is inappropriate. NMS didn’t release Early Access, without fair warning that the game wasn’t feature complete. You’re comparing apples to oranges.
I'm pretty chill, or maybe not. Just had an intense CS:GO match but we won. It was close as the opponents made an immense comeback sec half.
I think we should really come up with a new term or so, considering all these titles being in EA after being developed for years already.
TW might've created ''Early Access'' back in the day, but now they've created another term: ''Late Early Access''.
Early to the game, but at the same time late to the game. :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom