Dedicated servers

Users who are viewing this thread

I 100% agree with this. If they're so steadfast on not allowing private servers during the EA, we should at least be given some sort of inclination as to their reasoning.

This is what happens when you listen to what 10 sweaty competitive native players has to say, instead of looking at or contacting the public community servers in NW/WB, or the larger event managers/nw regiments.
/Napoleonic Role Play & Jailbreak

@Gretel, c'mon, complain at TW on behalf of Minisiege.
On behalf of the competitive players, we want private servers more than anyone. Theres no way to properly practise the game without stacking up in Skirmish which often leads to a one sided match.
I'll just quote Younes from the other topic.
Early access is what it is. The game will update quiet often and having to update the server files for each minor update + having technical support for setting up the server is a waste of time.

Not mentioning the crash reports are directly reported to taleworlds. It makes a lot more sense to have it only for taleworlds until the game is finished.
Hope it gets released as soon as possible, but cant blame Taleworld for holding out on this one.

i reckon they want people to familiarize with the matchmaking instead of playing on their own on private servers but that's no way of doing it. And if it is the case they could atleast be upfront about it.

Well yeah, but people shouldn't come here and say "stupid people on forums, stupid tryhards" and that kind of thing while the people on here are completely not tryhards..
I haven't seen anyone here generalizing the forum users on the scale you're implying. I'm sure there has been others here who've brought up the same issues before, maybe even you. Either way, let's not diminish the worth of input from newcomers, past NW players or those without the Beta as that might have been the very reason for the narrow focus.

As I said in my edited last post which angried you, I'm sorry. Honestly, the annoyance lies elsewhere, towards TW turning a blind eye on the public/private servers. I did give further reason or explanation in the past posts: Less features for private/public servers, no new features (or rather a change for the worse), not much info or reasons behind changes, and no dedicated server files until close to full release.

Last edited:
Seems kinda silly if they have the means of server files available for us to use to not let us make custom servers in at least a week of release.

I kinda agree with others in that no one had even considered or gave a **** about us community providers on NW, i can't speak for native, but TW has never even considered contacting us about anything about our opinions. We want to play bannerlord as much as any native player would and, arguably, NWs public community has been relatively larger than any other portion of warband for a little while.

Minisiege and EU_Commander wish to create servers on bannerlord too, so pls TW mercy

I'll just quote Younes from the other topic.
Early access is what it is. The game will update quiet often and having to update the server files for each minor update + having technical support for setting up the server is a waste of time.

This argument is quite invalid. They will have to update their files anyway, released to public or not.
They would simply need to provide a link to download the latest version. Setting a technical support to host a server is part of the process of making a game, and they probably have some internal documentation already.

Not mentioning the crash reports are directly reported to taleworlds. It makes a lot more sense to have it only for taleworlds until the game is finished.

We're in 2020, crash reports can be sent through a remote network.

And as someone said somewhere else, the more users you have and the more you can fix the bugs and report strange behaviors. It would simply benefit everyone.

This argument is quite invalid. They will have to update their files anyway, released to public or not.
They would simply need to provide a link to download the latest version. Setting a technical support to host a server is part of the process of making a game, and they probably have some internal documentation already.

We're in 2020, crash reports can be sent through a remote network.

And as someone said somewhere else, the more users you have and the more you can fix the bugs and report strange behaviors. It would simply benefit everyone.

Yes they will have to update their files. But who says the panel is working correctly? Who says they have setup the required infrastructure or configuration for the servers to work? They still need to share some documentation on how to setup the servers. There is a lot of ??? in this.

And having to update the files for each update and saying what changed is painfully annoying. Especially during the first few weeks where constant updates will be rolled off. They should release the files a few weeks after the EA launch as the first few weeks are the most crucial ones to get hotfixes going.

But who says the panel is working correctly?
Who needs a panel when you can use a terminal ?

Who says they have setup the required infrastructure or configuration for the servers to work?
Me, because... we're currently playing the game on their servers ??

They still need to share some documentation on how to setup the servers.
having to update the files for each update and saying what changed is painfully annoying
They're doing it already, it's not that big of a deal really.

I'm just trying to understand why Taleworlds made this choice, from a technical point of view. And for now there has been no real reason given I believe ?

Back
Top Bottom