Decided not to buy this Bannerlord game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Entered m&b discord server that was also advertised by a mod of this forum... Found it via google.
However, got banned 3 minutes in for absolutely no reason. My friend went it for an explanation, got none, also got banned by some a-holes. What can I say... Terrible community, completely killed the hype for the game and left a sour taste.

Just be careful what social cesspools you advertise.

bought 3 copies of warband and gifted to 3 friends. One of them didn't accept. Love the franchise. Bought the game on discount myself, but I'd be happy to buy copies for my friends, and destroy their lives.

Something about bannerlord, combats are resolved really quickly. I suppose thats a good thing when I get a job. If I want a slow siege I'll just go back to warband.

So you won't buy Bannerlord because... you got banned from a Discord server? You claim that this left a sour taste and that M&B has a terrible community, yet you were still willing to go to the trouble of creating an account on here (the official M&B forums) and reentering said community just so you could complain and cry "I'm not going to buy Bannerlord because of this." Drama queen, much?

So you won't buy Bannerlord because... you got banned from a Discord server? You claim that this left a sour taste and that M&B has a terrible community, yet you were still willing to go to the trouble of creating an account on here (the official M&B forums) and reentering said community just so you could complain and cry "I'm not going to buy Bannerlord because of this." Drama queen, much?

People like you are the problem. What exactly you wanted to achieve with your post? Create a conflict?
Because my post was with the intention to give some insight to the people who might be responsible and the new players who think about joining the community. It is called feedback.
If you don't care, why escalate the drama?
Ironical.

ec844a74761e942f2c3692f05097c5ab.gif

Entered m&b discord server that was also advertised by a mod of this forum... Found it via google.
However, got banned 3 minutes in for absolutely no reason. My friend went it for an explanation, got none, also got banned by some a-holes. What can I say... Terrible community, completely killed the hype for the game and left a sour taste.

Just be careful what social cesspools you advertise.

Sorry to hear that ShoulderShrug. Good luck and stay safe!

Just remember you can always buy it on steam and if you don't like it get a refund.

Mount&Blade Bannerlord is still under Early Access, and many bugs, so should consider buy this game when it is stable.

I regret that I buy Bannerlord, so I will wait until Bannerlord became stable and release modding tool.

People like you are the problem. What exactly you wanted to achieve with your post? Create a conflict?
Because my post was with the intention to give some insight to the people who might be responsible and the new players who think about joining the community. It is called feedback.
If you don't care, why escalate the drama?
Ironical.
Your feedback is appreciated, but there's nothing we can do about it, unless you tell us what server it was and where it was advertised.

So . . . I have not bought a Taleworld's game for ages. I guess Warband must've been the last one, and I'm not even sure if I have it on Steam or bought it through some other source (Gamersgate? Is that the Paradox distributor out of Stockholm?).

Last I remember playing M&B I was playing lots of heavily modded singleplayer builds. I played enough EVE Online in two years to sate 100 lifetime's worth of multiplayer interests, so not really interested in games which lack good singleplayer modes.

So what is the story with Bannerlord? Why is it bad/good? What are its prospects?

More broadly, what is up with this franchise in general? Is Warband still being modded up heavily?

ADDIT: I should maybe add: I DID buy those stupid "Caribbean" games and kinda felt burnt by those, which maybe contributed to my shying away from Taleworlds in general for a good while . . . I know that was more of a subsidiary relationship, but yeah . . .

Okay, I owned M&B and Warband off of Gamersgate. Transferred the serials over to Steam last night and fired up Warband. I think my "BIG TEXT" setting on Win OS is forking the game UI though. Mouse is completely unresponsive . . .

You got Caribbean but not Viking Conquest? Epic mistake.
I don't think many here actually play Bannerlord. I played about 30 hours when it was released. It still needs a lot of work but it will eventually become a very nice game.

Back
Top Bottom