Person 5: I agree, i would like to see it in the game
Person 6: I agree, i would like to see it in the game
Person 7: I agree, i would like to see it in the game
Person 8: I agree, i would like to see it in the game
Person 9: I agree, i would like to see it in the game
Person 10: I agree, i would like to see it in the game
Person 11: I agree, i would like to see it in the game
Person 12: I agree, i would like to see it in the game
NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL WORTHY PEOPLE AND I RESPECT THEM, THEIR OPINION IS SO WORTHY! I'M GLAD WE HAVE SO GREAT PEOPLE WHO CAN RESPOND IN WRITTEN FORM!

Nobody is advocating for the second option. Multiple people have repeatedly stated that they don't want either.

All of you opposed to "likes" are so dumb and conservative that you can't see obvious things and the obvious benefits of reaction system.
Especially these 2:
If you agree or disagree with an opinion, respond to it in written form with an explanation on why that is the case, instead of implementing a thumbs up/down system or something similar. If you're unwilling to do that, then your opinion isn't worth anything.
What he said.
Who are you to define which opinion is worth nothing and which is not?
You support ****post conversations, but don't support like system.
You don't want to turn forums into reddit? Then you must be not only dumb but blind because 1) multiple people stated, that reaction/like system is only for suggestions
2)Mr.Skeltal stated that like system should be without top/hot page like in reddit and without sorting by likes, but you already have sorting by views and replies
3)Nobody wants to turn forums into reddit
If a thread obeys the rules I really don't like the idea that it gets buried because it gets fewer upvotes
How it can be buried if there's no sorting by likes? And now suggestions are not being buried by ****post conversations in controversial threads? Do you like the idea of Top Feedback & Suggestions thread?
How TaleWorlds should know which suggestions have more support and which less? By views&replies, yes?
And you didn't think that you can make likes visible only to moderators and devs?
Someone even told not to add likes to comments and not to add downvotes and allow to like only main posts/suggestions

People want reactions/likes for suggestions because they want it to be easier for devs to see the real support of various suggestions
Now suggestions are 1) controversal or 2) not controversal, devs don't know about actual popularity of some suggestions.

we may be dumb and blind but at least we aren't assholes.

a big benefit of not having a reaction system is that it forces people to write stuff. and by how they write stuff you can tell whether they're a **** and whether their opinions are worth caring about.

speaking entirely hypothetically, of course. :iamamoron:

Do people write if they like the suggestion? No, in most cases. And some people here don't like when people write that they simply agree.
Do people write if they disagree or have additional ideas? Yes, they do. Will reaction system prevent them from doing this? No, because if they can't see likes or can't dislike because there's won't be dislike button.
You better be smart and ******* in such things instead of being a nice guy and writing bull****

You see, that's why I we need upvotes. I, like many other forumites, don't want to be exposed as a retarded dickheads. Our opinions are worthy of appreciation and it's not because I'm too lazy to write a response that people shouldn't care. My opinions are already controversial, I don't need myself to work against me and paint me in a bad light for it. It'll destroy all my hard work! If you allow me to upvote posts, you'll never have to be exposed to my ****ty +1 replies nor my similarly shallow opinions.

I'll still create ****ty threads for the views though, because now I got likes + polls to make myself feel better about my views.
The absolute worst reason I've ever seen.

This thread has been rather constructive until recently, resorting to Ad Hominem because you're angry or disagree with someone is very silly.

Let's keep this thread constructive from now on, discuss the point and not the person; if it continues, warnings will be handed out left, right and centre.

This thread has been rather constructive until recently, resorting to Ad Hominem because you're angry or disagree with someone is very silly.

Let's keep this thread constructive from now on, discuss the point and not the person; if it continues, warnings will be handed out left, right and centre.
Sorry, that was definitely not my intent, I was being off topic and jesting about. I'll retire my posts. Thank you for voicing how it may be perceived, you may have avoided us all a terrible conflict. That was not smart and I apologize again for my mistake. I assure you it was not intended as anything other than a non serious joke and I wasn't trying to ad hominem or participate in the debate. In retrospect, the mere fact that I wasn't trying to participate should have prevented me from posting, but oh well, it happened and I'm sorry.

Last edited:
The ability to ignore strong argumentative posts in order to hide them by posting a bunch of nonsense, or to bring forth your own lesser argument (or in this case, your theory about what will occur) already exist today. :grin: If only there was a system which didn't hide, but help bring forth good content. :roll:

p3DF0gb.png

Last edited:
But would people actually use it in that context?
I can't make any promises, but I don't think it would hurt to try it on the suggestions forums since it's likely an on/off-switch. The ultimate goal would be if this also bumped up each unique suggestion to the top spots, or even help moderators find duplicate threads.

If anyone wants to gauge support for an issue, they can just make a thread and count the posts, or even use a poll. I'd prefer this place not turn into a reddit-style voting hivemind.

Oh god the echo-chamber and endless useless posts to farm upvotes that would be greeeaaattt /s

I agree, if you want an upvote system go to reddit and enjoy the memes.

Oh god the echo-chamber and endless useless posts to farm upvotes that would be greeeaaattt /s

I agree, if you want an upvote system go to reddit and enjoy the memes.
I'd prefer reddit to 4chan, but that's besides the point. Anything constructive to add towards OPs suggestion? It's clear you, and lots of users didn't actually read the fine print of it.

I'd prefer reddit to 4chan, but that's besides the point. Anything constructive to add towards OPs suggestion? It's clear you, and lots of users didn't actually read the fine print of it.

Anything I could add has already been said and this forum works fine. Changes that are wanted get a lot of positive replies and those that aren't don't or get less supportive replies, kinda like this thread is going. I'm in agreement with the mods.

Anything I could add has already been said and this forum works fine. Changes that are wanted get a lot of positive replies and those that aren't don't or get less supportive replies, kinda like this thread is going. I'm in agreement with the mods.
Same here. Normally, I would have posted something, but from what I have read, I don't really have anything new to contribute. I really don't want a like/reaction system and so far, the arguments for it have not been strong enough to convince me.

Changes that are wanted get a lot of positive replies and those that aren't don't or get less supportive replies.
I don't agree. It's always the negative or stupid threads such as "game is sh#t", "im refunding!", "Where is ______ feature!?", which get more posts overall and bumps down actual constructive threads into page 3-4. And you kinda prove the point, if there's nothing more to add to a discussion, it'll just fade away into the history and developers won't know if thread is dead because excellent post or sh#tpost.

Back
Top Bottom