SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Death vs Wound rate of high tier troops

Users who are viewing this thread

So this is, honestly, an issue that's persisted since the original M&B. And maybe it's confirmation bias? But it sure seems like higher tier troops are more likely to die than be wounded like lower tier ones. Leveling up a good half or more of every troop that falls on the battlefield ends up wounded, but high tiers? Seems to be almost every time they die. And that's extra rough given the effort needed just to get them in the first place.

Anyone know for sure if this is a setting somewhere? And if so, I'd definite suggest it get lowered a little bit. I'd far prefer if it was a universal chance for all troops no matter the tier.

IMO it should be based on the amount of damage received in the last blow. In other words how much below 0 hp dropped.
Then depending on damage type and commander abilities, troop will live or not.
That would naturally keep high tier troop alive, due to their superior armour.

I.e. threshold for dying:
Blunt -60hp
Pierce - 30hp
Cut -20hp

I know in theory pierce should be more deadly than cut (it penetrates deeper), but death from infection is more likely than damaging internal organs. Also what game consider as "dead" can mean "permanently crippled, incapable of ever serving in military". Cut wounds can cause it more easily than relatively small pierce wound.

Back
Top Bottom