Death in battle - make it an optional setting! Context:

Users who are viewing this thread

Dear TaleWorlds!
You have to make „Death in battle” for lords and nobles an optional setting as soon as possible. We should be able to turn it off (even in existing campaign) while playing with Death/Birth cycle on. Pretty please!

TL;DR:

Relations between nobles and player creates procedurally generated narrative – this is the soul of Mount & Blade.
2. M&B is type of persistent game – more about the (long) journey, not the destination.
3. Birth and death from old age keeps world fresh – noble out, noble in, slow but steady cycle of life.
4. Lords dying en masse in battles, and those happens very often and over long persistent game/campaign, makes calradia... well, dead.
5. Can't make relations/narrative with lords that dies after I met them once or twice.
6. Allow nobles to live their lives, to make playing it fun again.

The context:

Calradia is a stage, and Lords are the actors. Cycle of birth and dying from old age is good optional addition – it creates a unique story and keeps rooster fresh. What is NOT fine is forced massacre of said actors in battle. When You kill-off 6 lords in one encounter, It's just making Calradia empty and souless at a pretty decent pace. We need rivals that have names and that live long enough, so it is possible to create and evolve individual stories and realtions with them. That makes npc characters different from common soldiers.

I just finished my 6-th try at 30 minute battle, it's 3:44 am now. Only thing I wanted is no deaths among nobles – couldn't make it. I feel exhausted, no fun, no gain, just frustration. I've been waiting for this game for years, it was supposued to be dream-come-true. Stopped playing it after around 3 months since premiere, because every other patch introduced big changes that had no backward-save compatibility. I was refreshing patch notes news site 2-3 times a week to check the progress, and when I thougth situation stabilized with patch 1.6.0, I came back.

I have a job, I have my life, and I don't have time for a 2-5 hour long „groundhog day” with every battle that more than 4-6 lords partake. I bought Bannerlord to have fun, and I don't feel I can even play it right now. I'm really sorry to say it, because I love the series, but for now it just feels like wasted money. The worst thing is that it really seems like a easy thing to fix/change. If It is – please, do It ASAP!

And yes, I know there is a bunch of blood-crazed maniacs that would execute all Calradian nobles day 1 in-game if they could. I'm posting on behalf of shy / introvert / bystander playerbase that fell in love with M&B/Warband and want to be heard, but may be lacking courage or willpower to partake in the community. There are a LOT of calm roleplayers, we are just not that much vocal.

Sad face for every dead and forgotten lord and lady :c

===
Ofc english isn't my native language, might edit later for corrections.

I fully agree - there should be 2 options "Birth and Death from Age" and "Death in Battle".

Actually, there could be even more...
If "Birth and Death from Age" is enabled, there chould be options for "Death in Battle"(With suboptions for less deathrisk for clanmembers as is), "AI Executions" ...

Actually no, because they will introduce AI vs AI death in battle, this only makes the game easier and abuse for lazy players.

Everybody has a life and games are only for time wasting when playing, when you have time. When don't have time don't play, that's simple, the same happens to me and only play when have time, and makes fun either way.. I don't have hurry to finish a campaign

Besides they said they will test the p"perfect" balance rate for death in combats, just have patience and will come.

And go live your life in the meantime, that's we all do, work, live and live and work, have fun while can. You only die once, enjoy your life away computer a bit

OP is making a good point but first TW has to activate AI vs AI death and reduce the rate (I think it is still set to 10%, which is really high).
I would prefer keeping death in battle, but tuned down so we have time to work our relations and mourn our fallen friends...

Death in battle in this game is ****ing stupid for as long as AI Lords don't die in their own battles and only in player ones.
For once I totally agree with Poddicus. A.I. battle deaths do need to be a priority; as right now the Dynasty system becomes incredibly warped; with your Kingdom losing nobles like crazy.

This issue doesn't need any explanation or justification. They just need to give us the option to turn it off, period.

Its been almost a year now since they grouped all the birth and death options under a single setting with the absurdly high 10% battle death rate. Its almost universally loathed by the players. It was only supposed to be temporarily high while they assessed the impacts of the death rate and there's been a mountain of feedback saying it unbalances the game. What are they waiting for?

Just split the death options like they were before and let us turn off battlefield death while keeping regular deaths. Its that simple. Then they can take all the time in the world to work on AI vs Ai death and fiddle with the death rates while players enjoy a non-genocidal game.

This death ratio alone and how long it's kept as is a proof for me that no one in TWs actually play the game as a regular player. Unless you avoid big battles where there are ally NPCs involved and form armies only with parties led by companions, it's simply impossible to progress while keeping your faction in tact. They promised to fix it soon, let's see what they come up with.

How about when they die in battle (or execution) they drop a baby. Baby is an inventory Item, it can be gifted to another clan leader for +relations, or used to create a new clan members for yourself or given to a notable for relations.

I support this, but only if the baby can double as a throwing weapon
And press X for shield mode. Seriously I though it would be great if you had to take your baby with you and it took up a weapon slot and weighed you down but you got some kind of baby skill raising from doing so and this could be how you get better starts for your second gen. Or you have stay at home babies with the governors would get SOC and other useless garbage other player like :razz:

Do you know of a mod or console command that allows you to change or remove this death rate (without removing old age death or births)?

I did not find. It’s a slaughter with every big battle and the clans are all dangerously depopulated to the point of completely "breaking" the game.
Anyway, it's currently unplayable and it's true that it's strange that TW doesn't work faster on this high priority imbalance in my opinion. Thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom