Death chance for lords

Users who are viewing this thread

The mechanic itself would be very cool, and I would prefer my least likely option to be implemented because it would be adding very important and sorely needed changes to diplomacy and interaction with lords. Why I think it's unlikely is due to the name of the mechanic being claimant "quests". Of course, it might be a translation issue or just a weird wording (such as what we typically call quests we get from the notables being called issues by the devs). It's also very weird for a lord that's attempting to revolt or secede to be called a "claimant", but what can you do.

If you could be bothered, could you please try to find the reddit thread and share the link with me if you can find it. Either way, your comment made me much more hopeful about the future of the game, so thank you!
Cant find the thread, which is sad because the threads were made identical on both the forums and on reddit, but now both are gone. There is one cut content post on reddit but it doesnt mention claimants. However some claimant dialogue is leftover in the files and i can edit this comment later to post it.

Edit: @Totalgarbage this is from module_strings

<!--<string id="str_rebellion_dilemma_pitiless" text="Hmm. {s45} says {reg3?she:he} is the rightful heir to the throne. That is good - - it absolves me of my oath to {s46}. But still I must weight my decision carefully." />-->

<!--<string id="str_rebellion_dilemma_2_quarrelsome" text="So tell me, why should I turn my back on the bastard I know, in favor of {reg3?a woman:the bastard} I don't know?" />-->

<!--<string id="str_rebellion_dilemma_2_pitiless" text="It is a most perilous position to be in, to be asked whom I would make {reg3?ruler:king} of this land. Yet it is also a time of opportunity, for me to reap the rewards that have always been my due!" />-->

<!--<string id="str_rebellion_dilemma_2_cunning" text="{s46} has been challenged, and thus he will never be able to rule as strongly as one whose claim has never been questioned. Yet if {s45} takes the throne by force, {reg3?she:he} will not be as strong as one who succeeded peacefully." />-->

<!--<string id="str_rebellion_dilemma_2_sadistic" text="Perhaps if I join {s45} while {reg3?she:he} is still weak {reg3?she:he} will enrich me, but perhaps if I bring {s46} your head he will give me an even greater reward." />-->

<!--<string id="str_rebellion_agree_sadistic" text="I have decided. I will back your {reg3?woman:man} {s45}. But you'd best make sure that {reg3?she:he} rewards me well!" />-->

<!--<string id="str_rebellion_agree_goodnatured" text="All right. I think your {reg3?woman:man} will be a good ruler. I'll join you." />-->

<!--<string id="str_rebellion_refuse_pitiless" text="No. I will not join your rebellion. I count it little more than the tantrum of a child, denied a bauble which {reg3?she:he} thinks should be {reg3?hers:his}. I will stick with {s46}, whose ability to rule is well-tested." />-->

I believe this is dialogue for the player recruiting people to his claimants cause? Doesnt say anything about the nature of claimants though

Last edited:
Edit: @Totalgarbage this is from module_strings

<!--<string id="str_rebellion_dilemma_pitiless" text="Hmm. {s45} says {reg3?she:he} is the rightful heir to the throne. That is good - - it absolves me of my oath to {s46}. But still I must weight my decision carefully." />-->

<!--<string id="str_rebellion_dilemma_2_quarrelsome" text="So tell me, why should I turn my back on the bastard I know, in favor of {reg3?a woman:the bastard} I don't know?" />-->

<!--<string id="str_rebellion_dilemma_2_pitiless" text="It is a most perilous position to be in, to be asked whom I would make {reg3?ruler:king} of this land. Yet it is also a time of opportunity, for me to reap the rewards that have always been my due!" />-->

<!--<string id="str_rebellion_dilemma_2_cunning" text="{s46} has been challenged, and thus he will never be able to rule as strongly as one whose claim has never been questioned. Yet if {s45} takes the throne by force, {reg3?she:he} will not be as strong as one who succeeded peacefully." />-->

<!--<string id="str_rebellion_dilemma_2_sadistic" text="Perhaps if I join {s45} while {reg3?she:he} is still weak {reg3?she:he} will enrich me, but perhaps if I bring {s46} your head he will give me an even greater reward." />-->

<!--<string id="str_rebellion_agree_sadistic" text="I have decided. I will back your {reg3?woman:man} {s45}. But you'd best make sure that {reg3?she:he} rewards me well!" />-->

<!--<string id="str_rebellion_agree_goodnatured" text="All right. I think your {reg3?woman:man} will be a good ruler. I'll join you." />-->

<!--<string id="str_rebellion_refuse_pitiless" text="No. I will not join your rebellion. I count it little more than the tantrum of a child, denied a bauble which {reg3?she:he} thinks should be {reg3?hers:his}. I will stick with {s46}, whose ability to rule is well-tested." />-->

I believe this is dialogue for the player recruiting people to his claimants cause? Doesnt say anything about the nature of claimants though
Thank you for digging deep, this sounds very cool! It seems like it is indeed planned for the player character able to be a claimant, otherwise, from my limited understanding, we can't be really sure if claimants are new pre-made npcs (like Lady Isolla of Suno in Warband) or existing lords that are attempting to seize the throne or seceding from the kingdom. I think the uppermost dialogue about X claiming to be the rightful heir might be a small indication that the claimants will be pre-made NPCs like in Warband, but I can see it going either way. We can however assume with good confidence that we will be using the chat check system to convince NPCs to join our/the claimant's side in the civil war.

This is a bit unrelated, but on the topic of cut content in the game files, I came across this reddit thread which talks about very impressive mechanics about senate, laws & voting and many other things. It talks about laws related to state pension for soldiers, slavery, citizenship, the prospect of female participation in the senate, as well as ruler (and maybe vassal) "stances/political leanings" on certain kingdom laws, imperial kingdoms going to war over different laws such as slavery, etc. I really really really reeeeally hope that TW revisits these and decides to implement them into the base game. It would make the game so incredibly much better.

I'm not sure if you can give any answers about claimants or things I mentioned that are in the reddit post, as it's possible that those were added to game files only as footnotes or concepts, or maybe were added to the game files before you started working with the company but it would be great if you could inform us about these topics @Duh_TaleWorlds @Dejan . Are you planning at some point to for example add kingdom mechanics to the game about slavery, women/sexism, citizenship, taxes and pensions, ruler/lord political leanings, etc.?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom