Dear TW, I heard you're planning to **** up this great game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bru, i didn't say i wanna beat tryhard guys by simplifying the game, nope. I tried to explain that game also should include casual players. So if you adjust the game for tryhard people, e-sporters, well i wouldn't try to master the game as it would consume much more energy and time making the game a burden for me not an enjoyment. A ranking system could be very accurate to implement.
Thats good, and I agree the game should do its best to match you up against people of a similar skill level, but its incredibly difficult to do even with a large pool of players, and on some gamemodes like TDM its virtually impossible. The system in warband rewarded people who took the time to learn it, as any game should. The game sadly didnt prepare people in any way for multiplayer, which is why only a masochist would learn it.
And it does sound like many people dont like warbands system because they got their ass kicked by mechanics they didnt understand.

This is the wrong game to even be complaining about this, just get good. Its like playing Tekken for the first time and asking the devs to make it less complicated. If you don't wanna improve go playing Single Player or some other game.

I don't understand the mentality of requesting the game to be made easier/more comfortable just because you can't keep up/can't invest as much time into it as the people beating you online. Age out of the question.

Take CS:GO, LoL, Starcraft - literally any other game for example. I don't hop on CS:GO with my 200 hours and start crying I keep getting headshot by "tryhard kids" every time I peek around the corner and request some fundamental changes to the game to accommodate myself better.

You either: a) accept that you are going to have a harder time competing and find other ways to have fun; b) get better; c) play something else.
In no reality I would ever start complaining about CS:GO being too hard just because I played CS beta 10 years ago "back in my days" and have fond memories of topping scoreboards back then.

You know, I love old people. Their experience and wisdom are valuable and there's a lot to learn from them from a practical and historical standpoint. But when you act like an idiot projecting your misplaced ego, most people won't respect you regardless of age. Some people just never grow out of their childhood, because brace yourself, some old people are really dumb, imagine that? They're people too, people do stupid things. You're proof of that. People have been saying "kids these days" for thousands of years. As much as I get annoyed with Gen Z, it's just kids, every new generation acts stupidly. Most of us here vary widely in age, have been playing this game for an absurd amount of time, for good or for ill, and the discussion is with the state and direction of the game, not your bitterness and anger with everything other than yourself and what you like, old-timer.

kk

I was in GK for 4 years. The median age for quite awhile couldn’t have been younger than 30. I loved every minute of it because with the age came a level of maturity that you couldn’t fine anywhere else in the Warband community at the time. In fact the main reason I left was that age level dropping considerably. The older folks of GK ranged from retired military to common working people to housewives. Despite their irl responsibilities, they still picked themselves up by their bootstraps and went to work in game as hard as they did in real life. They took themselves seriously and practiced the games mechanics with the intent of improving. Many of them didn’t have the quick twitch reflexes of younger players, so they adopted playstyles that compensated, and it often worked pretty well for them. Be more like them.

In these 16 pages i've seen everyone talking about "skils" and reflexes, but is anyone old enough to remember Beyblade?
I think it's the main coding of the combat system. Swing mouse like a spastic retard, block, repeat. Can someone please tell me what skills apart from Archery are really skills here?
Inb4 press X to be a master Cav player

In these 16 pages i've seen everyone talking about "skils" and reflexes, but is anyone old enough to remember Beyblade?
I think it's the main coding of the combat system. Swing mouse like a spastic retard, block, repeat. Can someone please tell me what skills apart from Archery are really skills here?
Inb4 press X to be a master Cav player
Blocking is something that takes months to get consistent with. The footwork of infantry has a large skill ceiling. Kicking, feinting and hilt slashing are all tools infantry can use which take high mechanical skill and a lot of practice to become proficient at. Cavalry has mechanics like bump lancing which require an extreme amount of timing. Cav v cav is also very high skill and extremely rewarding. The groupfighting in Mount&Blade is unlike any other game that exists. High level infantry fights in warband and hopefully soon bannerlord are some of the most intense examples of teamplay from any game ever.

Imagine thinking that I was actually some 50-60 year old guy talking about kids being better, because they are kids... I'm talking about behaviour, not reflexes. Just from the responses here, it shows how emotionally hurt these little boys (and whatever other creatures lurk here) get when someone points out their toxic behaviour and inability to communicate like a decent human being.

These kids don't respect me. TW please fix.

Also, nice projection. You can't get through a paragraph without calling someone a roach or a creature. Truly, this is what it means to be a mature and effective communicator

Inappropriate behavior (baiting & flaming)
These kids don't respect me. TW please fix.

Also, nice projection. You can't get through a paragraph without calling someone a roach or a creature. Truly, this is what it means to be a mature and effective communicator

I'm sorry, did I hurt your feelings? were my words too scathing for your poor, vulnerable "huggy wuggy" heart? You may wish to seek an "emotional guidance counsellor" or ask your social worker/psychologist for some stronger "medication" to help you cope through this apocalyptic time of harsh and mean words that have done irreversible psychological damage to you. Or... you could do what the rest of us human beings do: ignore it and walk away.

I'm sorry, did I hurt your feelings? were my words too scathing for your poor, vulnerable "huggy wuggy" heart? You may wish to seek an "emotional guidance counsellor" or ask your social worker/psychologist for some stronger "medication" to help you cope through this apocalyptic time of harsh and mean words that have done irreversible psychological damage to you. Or... you could do what the rest of us human beings do: ignore it and walk away.

Once again, nice projection. With the way you're lashing out, I reckon you're in need of emotional help. Sincerely, I hope that you get it soon; being stuck in such a headspace must be harmful to your health.

you're not very nice

Bannerlord's combat system is perfect (or a few tweaks away from being perfect) the way it is and anyone who disagrees should stick to either Warband or the daily newspaper crosswords.

Not an epic post.

Bannerlord's combat system is perfect (or a few tweaks away from being perfect) the way it is and anyone who disagrees should stick to either Warband or the daily newspaper crosswords.
This is an epic post!

Or you can be a man and take responsibility for your actions instead of making excuses for peoples lack of manners and social conduct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom