Dear Taleworlds

Users who are viewing this thread

It's still embarrasing, management decision or not. Get your **** together, how are you not supporting them? It's been a few months now and even Last Oasis had servers for every continent at early access release

i agree with you on a lot of things shema but I don’t think it’s necessary to talk like this to azakhi in particular. he’s part of the server team and actually consistently communicates about issues and about what they want to do server-wise, as well as generally agreeing with the community on the pressing issues. to be honest I think the other devs should try to be more like him, particularly the ones responsible for the combat, the classes and the balancing.

you are right though. last oasis managed to have servers up for all regions and quite embarrassingly for TW managed to create a much better combat system than what bannerlord has as well. TW have considerably more resources than them, especially after the tens of millions bannerlord has already made, and it is genuinely incredibly disrespectful to fans from those regions to not only not offer official servers for them, but to also deny them the ability to host their own servers to play on.

to be honest I think the other devs should try to be more like him, particularly the ones responsible for the combat, the classes and the balancing.

Facts.

Thanks azakhi for continuing to communicate with us. Hopefully your colleagues can join the discussion on the forum some day soon.

I would love to see combat department communicate with us just like azakhi does here, he is doing a great job

Can you address the empty siege lobbies by reducing player minimum?

This has been discussed, M.Arda may have responded to your other post. Fixing issues with siege servers is a priority but unfortunately there is an issue with crash logs on Linux servers. I am hopeful that as soon as it is resolved, fixes will follow. Until then team is against reducing numbers even more.

About other issues asked in this thread, I will post here as soon as there is something to share. I already talked to some people trying to have them addressed soon.

Imaging letting your most popular game mode die because 'team' does not want to do what is needed and reduce the numbers.

Honestly they have to fix the MP combat system first before it gets any active

Agreed. If it were solid one of the existing modes would be full.

• List of maps and option to disinclude particular maps from rotation. I should be able to search for only my favorite if I wanted to. This is like bare minimum and any game which doesn’t let the player do that is ignoring mp functionality that has existed since mp. It’s probably the number one reason why someone might make a private server. You’re making video games and haven’t heard of 24/7 servers? Why make that a dev vs player decision? Then you can see which maps players prefer playing. Just fill maps with players who have the map selected available... easy
  • Class system sucks. Honestly just give us equal numbers of high tier units with even attributes and let us choose their equipment. Anything else leaves way too much for you guys to figure out trying to balance the classes when we should be. Super easy. Get rid of the stupid classes. Like vlandia vs khuzait is a really stupid matchup when we get railroaded by the class system if I’m vlandia I basically just want to alt-f4.
  • Your game sucks. Whoever thought up of the objectives in captain mode copied literally every mp mode which exists. Then made it worse. Good job. You got overpaid. This is mount and blade not Battlefield. Captain mode should be simple elimination. Or tops capture the point attack then 2nd round defend with time limits. I’m shocked at any mp video game that doesn’t alternate sides, this is like a fundamental game rule. Give us a reason to stick together and conserve our numbers and don’t assume we’re all 11 year olds who need a poorly designed arrow to tell us where to go... if the enemy wants to go all archer and hide into a corner let them do it. It should be best of 3 full elimination.
  • Delete skirmish and siege. Siege mp is fun don’t get me wrong. Just don’t need another game mode for it. Make it a selectable map instead. See first point. Skirmish is just tdm and should be for “practice” and when a siege map is selected then it’s suddenly 6v6 siege mode. Don’t include siege or skirmish in the rotation to “find game” you’re splitting up your already meager player base in a super confusing way. There should be only 2 modes, like team deathmatch and competitive or something with a rotation of maps which we can select from.
Then you can focus on tuning the combat and players would stop crying about your awful class system. I would love to see gameplay that more closely matches what total war subcommanders feels like. We should be incentivized to form up with all of our teammates because that’s what is more effective. And then find and fight them ourselves. Right now gameplay is really limited at getting local superiority and mobbing an arbitrary point on the map before rushing to another which totally doesn’t take advantage of bannerlord’s engine. It sucks.

Last edited:
This has been discussed, M.Arda may have responded to your other post. Fixing issues with siege servers is a priority but unfortunately there is an issue with crash logs on Linux servers. I am hopeful that as soon as it is resolved, fixes will follow. Until then team is against reducing numbers even more.

About other issues asked in this thread, I will post here as soon as there is something to share. I already talked to some people trying to have them addressed soon.

Thank you for replying. Means a lot! May I ask why the team is against reducing minimums further? Players will accrue as the game goes on (in my opinion)

I think it's counterproductive to project the frustration one feels for the design decisions, towards a specific developer or two, especially towards azakhi, one of the cooler dudes out there, especially when he has been communicating with us very often these days.

The overall sentiment towards the game has unfortunately had a steep fall lately, but towards developers, luckily, has really mellowed down and is nicely up and coming, which makes me really happy.

Hopefully that "mini roadmap" AVRC was talking about will come soon, and bring lots of goodies with it.

Last edited:
I think it's counterproductive to project the frustration one feels for the design decisions, towards a specific developer or two, especially towards azakhi, one of the cooler dudes out there, especially when he has been communicating with us very often these days.

The overall sentiment towards the game has unfortunately had a steep fall lately, but towards developers, luckily, has really mellowed down and is nicely up and coming, which makes me really happy.

Hopefully that "mini roadmap" AVRC was talking about will come soon, and bring lots of goodies with it.

You’re not wrong. But it’s so satisfying to vent using generally directed but highly critical hyperbole with comments on the internetz.

Thank you for replying. Means a lot! May I ask why the team is against reducing minimums further? Players will accrue as the game goes on (in my opinion)

We have decreased it from 60 to 40 not so long ago. We also made it so that server would accept players after game started even if there isn't many on queue. These changes helped but not for too long. It is clear that there are other issues making people stop playing the mode completely. In addition to this, low amount of players make the mode less enjoyable. Even more so for some of the maps. So team preferred it to be a bit better experience although it meant less games while we focus on fixing the real issues.

We have decreased it from 60 to 40 not so long ago. We also made it so that server would accept players after game started even if there isn't many on queue. These changes helped but not for too long. It is clear that there are other issues making people stop playing the mode completely. In addition to this, low amount of players make the mode less enjoyable. Even more so for some of the maps. So team preferred it to be a bit better experience although it meant less games while we focus on fixing the real issues.

Thank you again for taking the time to respond! :smile: Good to get a sense of where you guys are coming from.

Back
Top Bottom