Dear Taleworlds

Users who are viewing this thread

Does this game actually require skill? With the block delay and other combat issues noobs can even win against warband veteran

I get your point and it's sad. Your potential is limited by all those factors nobody asked for, yet there are archers and cav running around on ridiculous K/Ds while they can't block a single hit in a melee fight.

Does this game actually require skill? With the block delay and other combat issues noobs can even win against warband veteran

Just adapt and overcome. Don't blame the system cause the system is the same for everyone else.

So you want a free win just because you played the previous iteration? Some Warband Veterans should focus on learning the new combat not just complainting, there are people able to block fluently. This super bashing is annoying AF, I actually agree with a lot of combat issues, but you can't just blame everything on it, instead adapt and git gud. And no, by that I do not mean playing Heavy Cav or Archer.

So you want a free win just because you played the previous iteration? Some Warband Veterans should focus on learning the new combat not just complainting, there are people able to block fluently. This super bashing is annoying AF, I actually agree with a lot of combat issues, but you can't just blame everything on it, instead adapt and git gud. And no, by that I do not mean playing Heavy Cav or Archer.
What is there left to adapt to or master? Kick + slash? Well, as much as I liked this new element, when you play against the experienced player the 1h+shield combat turns into the constant competition who will get kicked first. Feints are useless, swing delays useless, even 1h spam removed, hitboxes are extremely weird. It would be great if devs removed some old mechanics but gave something instead of them. But that's not the case. Solo gameplay in BL feels so boring I can't stand to play even 3 skirmishes without getting tired of it. Please, if I'm not right perhaps you could explain what is there actually to master so I could upgrade my BL experience

Imagine a world where you actually learn all game mechanics before crying all day about "block delay".

Tried and tested, and it's safe to say that complaining about block delay is perfectly reasonable. Unless you'll say to me that blocking the most glitchy feints in Warband but dying to basic hits in Bannerlord is the player's skill.

"Block delay" is nearly totally irrelevant if you use stances correctly and if you do perfect blocks. Yeah you have such thing as "block delay".
Yeah it affects your gameplay... if you play every round as the cheapest troop class which has much less melee combat skill points than the main melee classes.

"Block delay" is nearly totally irrelevant if you use stances correctly and if you do perfect blocks. Yeah you have such thing as "block delay".
Yeah it affects your gameplay... if you play every round as the cheapest troop class which has much less melee combat skill points than the main melee classes.

Totally irrelevant? I don't think you understand the delay at all. The point is as I've explained in numerous threads, that the feint animation is quicker to the consecutive block animation unless you back pedal to create full use of the final animation of the feint, that's fact, and it's an issue. 'Perfect blocks', you can't do perfect blocks if the animation doesn't correspond to the animation of feints, you can bait them out by pressing 'S' to block the fight but 'reactive blocking' is only useful if you can actually block the attacks.

I've spent countless hours cheesing BL's blocking to the point I can pretty much block 99% of all attacks, but that doesn't mean I don't think it's completely cumbersome and unreasonable. The fact you actually have to place yourself in a situation to allow you to block rather than being in any situation, makes it for lacklustre gashed game play.

I am on your side to an extent - yes there are ways to play round it. But the block delay does exist and does limit certain player feedback into the system . It needs to be looked at and there are various factors involved. Don't get me wrong - I love the game as it is; but it could be better.

Totally irrelevant? I don't think you understand the delay at all. The point is as I've explained in numerous threads, that the feint animation is quicker to the consecutive block animation unless you back pedal to create full use of the final animation of the feint, that's fact, and it's an issue. 'Perfect blocks', you can't do perfect blocks if the animation doesn't correspond to the animation of feints, you can bait them out by pressing 'S' to block the fight but 'reactive blocking' is only useful if you can actually block the attacks.

I've spent countless hours cheesing BL's blocking to the point I can pretty much block 99% of all attacks, but that doesn't mean I don't think it's completely cumbersome and unreasonable. The fact you actually have to place yourself in a situation to allow you to block rather than being in any situation, makes it for lacklustre gashed game play.

Agreed, block delay by its nature isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's the positioning it forces you into that's bad, especially with kicking being such a prevalent attacking move, being able to force someone into such a predictable pattern seems too easily done.

Re: swing delay, I can be releasing my mouse and in the time it takes my single handed weapon to swing, a menavlion can start a full wind up and hit me before I land.

What is there left to adapt to or master? Kick + slash? Well, as much as I liked this new element, when you play against the experienced player the 1h+shield combat turns into the constant competition who will get kicked first. Feints are useless, swing delays useless, even 1h spam removed, hitboxes are extremely weird. It would be great if devs removed some old mechanics but gave something instead of them. But that's not the case. Solo gameplay in BL feels so boring I can't stand to play even 3 skirmishes without getting tired of it. Please, if I'm not right perhaps you could explain what is there actually to master so I could upgrade my BL experience
If you actually predict the kick you can swing to your opponents face. You can also do feints so they cant kick as easily because if they **** up you will hit them. I agree kick slash is a big part of infantry vs infantry, but its not all there is to learn.

Maybe just stop making it worse than it actually is.
If that is you opinion: okay. But I disagree cause somehow it doesn't apply to me.
The only thing that is actually the case is that some weapons (especially twohanded) have unbalanced attackspeed ratios.

I agree that the delay between switching between block animations could be lower. But only by a very small value.
The stance / perfect block system is imo much better than this ugly feint spamming in Warband.

If that is you opinion: okay. But I disagree cause somehow it doesn't apply to me.
The only thing that is actually the case is that some weapons (especially twohanded) have unbalanced attackspeed ratios.

I agree that the delay between switching between block animations could be lower. But only by a very small value.
The stance / perfect block system is imo much better than this ugly feint spamming in Warband.
Show us a video of you using the stance system effectively to your advantage and explain us each single move and why.

Bannerlord combat is all about feinting and getting a glitchy accelerated swing speed hit that fools your opponent. In Warband everything felt right and calculated = skills only, no randomness.

Why is it always that developers who have nothing to do with the important issues are always the ones who answer these threads, nobody will speak about block delay wonder why

Bruh, I'm not even overreacting, it's that's bad.

Hello, can I ask which particular issue?

We have a ranked matchmaking system being planned and developed at the moment. Could you please list the other problems?

Why do you develop a ranked matchmaking system when your game has less than 100 players playing multiplayer daily? Who exactly, will compete?

Why do you develop a ranked matchmaking system when your game has less than 100 players playing multiplayer daily? Who exactly, will compete?

Skill based matchmaking was one of the issues brought up several times in here. I personally would like everything I can do something about to be at least discussed by the team. So this also got attention of team and we agreed that matchmaking needed improvement.

However I am guessing you don't care about that and only interested in design related changes. Well there is simply nothing I can do. And I don't know the answers to your (possible) questions.

And I am aware that you were asking TW in general, not me personally, but if company had something to say, it has a community team for it. Answering from my perspective is better than not answering at all I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom