Dear Taleworlds

Users who are viewing this thread

How about you start reading this forum and address the issues that dozens of experienced players are pointing out ?

-Block Delay
-Swing Delay
-Horse Armor/HP
-Matchmaking
-Lack of Battle mode
-Class system

In this order.

Hello, can I ask which particular issue?

We have a ranked matchmaking system being planned and developed at the moment. Could you please list the other problems?

Its simple, there is not enough players for a Matchmaking system to be viable. But, please, consider the order of this list. Block delay being the absolute top 1 priority (removing it).

Being planned is the best word to describe your game plans. Everything is being planned, you deleted battle to give us matchmaking, where you can play randomly against other people without skill based system. Then newbies got smashed and never come back, but wait, it is being tested and planned and will be here soon, but now, unlucky, you have to play this "matchmaking".
Last update - "Match history", I thought I will see SOME INFORMATIONS about last 10 matches but after three i went there and saw 1-1, 3-0 and 0-0 xd What the ****, is it FIFA 20, to have draws? No, it is neanderthal history, I wouldnt like to get this now, I'd like to get normal history in the future, it isn' necessary now, don't you have different things to do? People won't come back to this big mega tasty features.
Match history and i can't get K/D for example, I can get teams, one with 6, the second with 10, I like it

Hello, can I ask which particular issue?

We have a ranked matchmaking system being planned and developed at the moment. Could you please list the other problems?

Too late for that. Ranked will make the situation even worse cause those guys who are still playing this game will not be able to find game. And they will drop it as well. You need a really big and ADVERTISED update for mp. This is the only chance to return a few guys to mp. Minor changes will do nothing with online. When i speak about people return i speak about 500-1000 online ofc. You can forget about 250k+ online. The moment is lost and you cant do nothing with this right now unfortunately.

Its simple, there is not enough players for a Matchmaking system to be viable. But, please, consider the order of this list. Block delay being the absolute top 1 priority (removing it).

I beg to differ. There are obviously not that many players anymore, but I never have to wait longer then 1-2 minutes to find a game (except at night of course). And if the things on your list are taken care of, I think there will be more players again.

Ranked match making is a good thing in my opinion, but this might make it harder to find games.

I beg to differ. There are obviously not that many players anymore, but I never have to wait longer then 1-2 minutes to find a game (except at night of course). And if the things on your list are taken care of, I think there will be more players again.

Ranked match making is a good thing in my opinion, but this might make it harder to find games.

I guess matchmaking is good for Skirmish and Captain, but when it comes to Siege, it should be a custom server. But please lets not make this a thread about matchmaking only. I wanna emphasize WAY more on Block and Swing delay.

Last edited:

As part of lobby server team I cannot do anything regarding other issues I am sorry. I would like to hear any issues regarding Matchmaking. We are aware that it is not as good as it should be.

Too late for that. Ranked will make the situation even worse cause those guys who are still playing this game will not be able to find game. And they will drop it as well. You need a really big and ADVERTISED update for mp. This is the only chance to return a few guys to mp. Minor changes will do nothing with online. When i speak about people return i speak about 500-1000 online ofc. You can forget about 250k+ online. The moment is lost and you cant do nothing with this right now unfortunately.

Well I can't stop doing my job no matter the situation. Based on our tests, it is possible to adjust ranked matchmaking to allow either faster or better matching. So we should be able to adjust it to find a good spot depending on the number of players. Also wouldn't it be better to have something better to return to if/when that big update happens?

As part of lobby server team I cannot do anything regarding other issues I am sorry. I would like to hear any issues regarding Matchmaking. We are aware that it is not as good as it should be.

Well I can't stop doing my job no matter the situation. Based on our tests, it is possible to adjust ranked matchmaking to allow either faster or better matching. So we should be able to adjust it to find a good spot depending on the number of players. Also wouldn't it be better to have something better to return to if/when that big update happens?

1- we often get the same maps twice or more on a row
2- we often get same factions for both sides (this fact makes Captain mode lose alot of flavour when it happens)
3- 5 man, 4 Man, 3 Man should not automatically be matched with pubs
4- i dont think matchmaking is fit for siège, NA siege needs a custom server asap.

Last edited:
1- we often get the same maps twice or more on a row
2- we often get same factions for both sides
3- 5 man, 4 Man, 3 Man should not automatically be matched with pubs
4- i dont think matchmaking is fit for siège, NA siege needs a custom server asap.

Thanks!

If you get the chance to go and take a look at Blizzard's Overwatch, now that is a pretty spectacular matchmaking system. You absolutly never get the same map twice in a row, you feel like you're on a big map rotation where if you get a particular map, you won't be matchmaked back in it before at least the next 4 to 5 games. And you will always be matched against the same type of team. Ex. a premade of 3 + 3 randoms matched against 2 premades of 2 and 2 randoms.

Though perhaps some kind of system that takes into account what map was played last by all players and pick a map depending on that. Though the map pool is a bit small for that right now

Being planned is the best word to describe your game plans. Everything is being planned, you deleted battle to give us matchmaking, where you can play randomly against other people without skill based system. Then newbies got smashed and never come back, but wait, it is being tested and planned and will be here soon, but now, unlucky, you have to play this "matchmaking".
Last update - "Match history", I thought I will see SOME INFORMATIONS about last 10 matches but after three i went there and saw 1-1, 3-0 and 0-0 xd What the ****, is it FIFA 20, to have draws? No, it is neanderthal history, I wouldnt like to get this now, I'd like to get normal history in the future, it isn' necessary now, don't you have different things to do? People won't come back to this big mega tasty features.
Match history and i can't get K/D for example, I can get teams, one with 6, the second with 10, I like it
Does this game actually require skill? With the block delay and other combat issues noobs can even win against warband veteran

Back
Top Bottom