Dear TaleWorlds, I ask you to play as horse archers two or three games.

Users who are viewing this thread

The Armor is from your Husband, I guess? Cause without Changing the Code or a Mod, you will never see a 600k Armor before your Char dies :smile:.
From husband#2 emperial for the body and horse armor, #1 was for Nawasawi and noble now, #3 will be a batanian for noble long bow, after that I must get khuzait to produce Khuzait heirs incase it works out after the next update.

Horse Archery is extremely powerful. I personally disagree with OP's pov. I can mop up an army of 100 troops with a sturdy horse, bow, and lots of arrows.

We're talking multiplayer not in single player campaign.

in captain mode, horse archers used to be relevant, now your troops will barely shoot arrows, they might get one kill in the whole game.

I understand that you want to make the game more realistic, but patch 1.5.3 is a worst patch ever regarding HA. Just try to play and you will see that you CAN NOT do anything when you are riding fast.
Sure, horse archer are an imbalanced class but.. Khuzaits now really useless faction.
Please, change the aiming on horseback a bit.

Totally agree. I use to love playing as horse archer. now my troops will barely get a kill all game, let alone shoot an arrow...

I disagree with it being realistic however. The mongols were incredible marksmen even in triple gallop. Their military skill and logistics and lopsided matchups with their contemporary is unrivaled to this day

TW, whatever change you introduce to improve horse archers in multiplayers, please do not add it to SP because HA are currently amazing in SP and do not need any buff (same for foot archers).

Totally agree. I use to love playing as horse archer. now my troops will barely get a kill all game, let alone shoot an arrow...

I disagree with it being realistic however. The mongols were incredible marksmen even in triple gallop. Their military skill and logistics and lopsided matchups with their contemporary is unrivaled to this day
Brooo, I agree with you about realistic. I said it because of people who think that horse archers must be what they are now. Also I wanted to say about mongols, but I forgot about this :d

archery on foot still needs some nerf though in aiming. Way to accurate with 0 in skill

Last edited:
What happens when people cry "nerf" because they don't know how to adapt and deal with the problem. Oh well... Nerf Battanian and Sturgian Infantry now, because LETS NERF CULTURAL BONUSES....

I understand that you want to make the game more realistic, but patch 1.5.3 is a worst patch ever regarding HA. Just try to play and you will see that you CAN NOT do anything when you are riding fast.
Sure, horse archer are an imbalanced class but.. Khuzaits now really useless faction.
Please, change the aiming on horseback a bit.

They should fix other aspects of Khuzait and not the horse archers. Make other classes more viable.

What happens when people cry "nerf" because they don't know how to adapt and deal with the problem. Oh well... Nerf Battanian and Sturgian Infantry now, because LETS NERF CULTURAL BONUSES....
What are you on about ? adapt and deal with the problem ? So i have to jump and shoot with the bow just to get the feeling that im not an professional archer with 0 in skills ? thats what youre saying ? lol.... Or you ment by the main topic?...well idk how mp is now but it seems bad i guess....But yeah the buff and nerf bastards on the forum got my favorite unit out of the game. Ulfhednars :/ First they cried because they didnt knew how to use the unit so they got em some sloppy polka pants and became slow Frankensteins with semi heavy armor.... then they got totally gone. Ty community! Very commune of you taking away some interesting dynamics like that

Last edited:
horse archery is nerfed really hard for MP and it's practically useless at the moment.
Good I say. Horse archers are extremely powerful, and it should take both a player and character who's skilled and experienced enough to make it worthwhile, because even with worse accuracy on the move and in general, they're still amongst the most powerful classes just by virtue of being able to attack at range and easily outrun/evade any melee attackers not on a horse themselves. If a player isn't capable of making up for mechanical inaccuracy, they should have to slow down while taking shots, somewhat making up for these huge advantages.

What are you on about ? adapt and deal with the problem ? So i have to jump and shoot with the bow just to get the feeling that im not an professional archer with 0 in skills ? thats what youre saying ? lol.... Or you ment by the main topic?...well idk how mp is now but it seems bad i guess....But yeah the buff and nerf bastards on the forum got my favorite unit out of the game. Ulfhednars :/ First they cried because they didnt knew how to use the unit so they got em some sloppy polka pants and became slow Frankensteins with semi heavy armor.... then they got totally gone. Ty community! Very commune of you taking away some interesting dynamics like that

I'm saying the people who cry about mounted archers and cry "nerf" should adapt and deal with the problem like the rest of us have: What works against mounted archers? A shield Wall + Crossbows/Archers or light melee cavalry/skirmishers (in single player)

Mount Archers in multiplayer... easily dealt with using light melee/skirmisher cavalry. I've done it, it's not hard.

I'm saying the people who cry about mounted archers and cry "nerf" should adapt and deal with the problem like the rest of us have: What works against mounted archers? A shield Wall + Crossbows/Archers or light melee cavalry/skirmishers (in single player)

Mount Archers in multiplayer... easily dealt with using light melee/skirmisher cavalry. I've done it, it's not hard.
indeed and youre right about that. Even if i havent tried out Mp yet and cant say whats balanced or not ive seen to much whining about subjects they dont understand nor want to make an effort to counter

indeed and youre right about that. Even if i havent tried out Mp yet and cant say whats balanced or not ive seen to much whining about subjects they dont understand nor want to make an effort to counter

It's easier for babies to just cry and whinge until they get what they want unfortunately.

For the Ai i think it is fine, but for a player it feels worse than Warband, it is almost impossible to hit riding fast early on, even with 150 skill and a noble bow it is still very very hard to accurately hit while moving fast. I would like to see the aiming just a little bit easier the higher skill and better bows you get

Back
Top Bottom