Dear TaleWorlds, I ask you to play as horse archers two or three games.

Users who are viewing this thread

I understand that you want to make the game more realistic, but patch 1.5.3 is a worst patch ever regarding HA. Just try to play and you will see that you CAN NOT do anything when you are riding fast.
Sure, horse archer are an imbalanced class but.. Khuzaits now really useless faction.
Please, change the aiming on horseback a bit.

Nope, khuzaits still steamroll other factions, pretty far away from useless.

Besides, horse archery is hard skill to master in real life too, you have to be skilled rider to be able to aim at all. I agree, that it's a little too much, but I guess that's correct for beginner adventurer like hero we are.

Horse Archery is extremely powerful. I personally disagree with OP's pov. I can mop up an army of 100 troops with a sturdy horse, bow, and lots of arrows.

I'm guessing OP is talking about MP and if that's the case, he is partially right, horse archery is nerfed really hard for MP and it's practically useless at the moment. For SP, I have mixed opinions. It's way useless now than before but not completely useless. But I think main problem with horse archery is, AI. Its is either shooting like Legolas or blind bats. There is no in-between. When your high tier troops shoot like 5 years old, you start to question horse archery settings.

I can mop up an army of 100 troops with a sturdy horse, bow, and lots of arrows.
No need for exaggeration. Even if you are doing one-shot-one-kill ( which is not possible in realistic game settings unless you are shooting unarmored potato bags), you still need 100 arrows which is not possible the get in-game right now as far as I know.

I think @_St1myL_ is talking about multiplayer. This is the thing, HA are still pretty powerful in SP, probably the most effective unit, while people in MP find them weak. SP and MP should be balanced separately to avoid this, because finding a good balancing for all games modes at the same time is pretty hard to achieve.

Think still Khuzaits feel balanced on the battlefield but i havent tried the archery out yet so cant say on that specific matter...will check it out after this character...or heck i could just arm my horse and buy a bow to check :wink:

How it looks like with almost 0 in skill in bow and riding and can feel a bit to much when you riding but if you stop its alright....Hard to say how much better it is with higher skills though as it should but yeah can understand its bit steep for the beginners even if you woulndt start with this low level to begin with if youre going HA...However when standing on the ground right now i think the archery is perfect for the beginner archers since before you where acting like an top archer even with low skills

Last edited:
I understand that you want to make the game more realistic, but patch 1.5.3 is a worst patch ever regarding HA. Just try to play and you will see that you CAN NOT do anything when you are riding fast.
Tell it to the minor factions I slaughter'd solo on my fresh char yesterday.

Embers, Hands, wolf guys, camel guys, I crush them all into the dirt with my freshly birthed monster char.

The change is good, it was too easy before, now you need to build the skill up and get perks for it to be super smooth at high speeds.
It's roughly the same as warband as a starting char now, except gaining skill on bow/riding is super easy in BL, but of course without the option of Warband skills like HA and WM to boost it up.

It's too fast TW make it harder! Think of the poor poor NPCs! They can't even track me once I obtain Nahasawi! Which happens about 15 mins after taking down a couple minor factions!

A few hours in and I'm fully skilled and armed on a fresh Char at day 35. I can take any fief I want and defeat any force!
NERF HARDER TW! :razz:

Tell it to the minor factions I slaughter'd solo on my fresh char yesterday.

Embers, Hands, wolf guys, camel guys, I crush them all into the dirt with my freshly birthed monster char.

The change is good, it was too easy before, now you need to build the skill up and get perks for it to be super smooth at high speeds.
It's roughly the same as warband as a starting char now, except gaining skill on bow/riding is super easy in BL, but of course without the option of Warband skills like HA and WM to boost it up.

It's too fast TW make it harder! Think of the poor poor NPCs! They can't even track me once I obtain Nahasawi! Which happens about 15 mins after taking down a couple minor factions!

A few hours in and I'm fully skilled and armed on a fresh Char at day 35. I can take any fief I want and defeat any force!
NERF HARDER TW! :razz:

How did you level up Clan tier so fast?

Biggest question is where he got 392 arrows from xD Probably a lot more 2 and 1/3 i would guess...But its good to hear that the leveling up in horse archery is balanced :smile:

Last edited:
I feel that playing as horse archers for 2 or 3 games would be excessive playtesting. Now 2 or 3 hours would provide enough information in my opinion to make a decision :wink:

Dead archers
Then we need to see recordings on that one because i have no clue what the other enemy troops where doing there then if you didnt fish em to the other side of the map as you returned to pick up the ammo...which im pretty positive you wouldn't have the patience for xD Or you used your companions for that perhaps ? you sly fox :wink: but even then idk

Love fighting against Khuzaits though <3 because the battle becomes always so intense with chaos unfolding everywhere ^^

That horse showing off in the end cracked me up good as i tried not to wake up the whole house xD
Im really tempted to do an Infantry Khuz Glaive guy one time but idk ....Im struggling over to choose either an Sturg Two handed axe Engineer Dwarf or Imperial Legionnaire rn...Anyways sorry OP for derailing a little...back to topic :smile:

Last edited:
No need for exaggeration. Even if you are doing one-shot-one-kill ( which is not possible in realistic game settings unless you are shooting unarmored potato bags), you still need 100 arrows which is not possible the get in-game right now as far as I know.

Nah, a morale break hits at around 25-35 of them being killed and most run off after that.

Nah, a morale break hits at around 25-35 of them being killed and most run off after that.
Not to mention you can just retreat to refill arrows...... or can you? I haven't tried in latest game but I'm sure I would have heard about it if they changed that.

Why we're on it, if you char is more developed and you have the noble longbow, you can absolutely 1 shot most troops on hardest setting... I don't think setting even effect your own damage though.

Retreating to refill arrows, reload save games gatear defeats, and use cheats are in the same category IMO. I mean, I have used these things eventually but I would not call the game easy if I am using cheats.

Anyway, I do agree with playing as HA is still pretty doable in SP and HA units are pretty strong.

Back
Top Bottom