Dead?

Users who are viewing this thread

pls just focus on vanilla one. i want to see it finished :grin: and maneceman i am also trying to revive this awesome mod :mrgreen:

ok. the big thing taleworlds has done is a warband mod called WFAS with fire and sword it has firearms cool systems but it sucks compared to talera :grin:

Many thanks to all of you for the appreciation.  To say the mod exceeds the officially released content in your opinion is quite a compliment!

I am going to continue my stance that it is unlikely that this mod will be finished, at least by me.  I've had an idea for an alternate world setting and story I'd like to create for several years, and that will most likely be the next project I work on.  By project, I do not currently plan on anything based on the Mount & Blade engine (I do not yet know what game's mod engine I'd design it in).  Unless a lot has changed since the glory days of vanilla M&B, I feel I basically explored most of what the engine had to offer (both positive and frustrating negative at times).  The mods I've tried recently don't appear to indicate that it has changed much.  I've also not coded a line in Mount & Blade in well over 2 years, so the re-learning curve for me to even start a project would be decent.  However, if someone feels there have been changes to the engine/mod-able code that would offer more interesting options, I'd be interested to hear it.  I've simply not seen it yet myself.

Creating and maintaining a mod of this nature is quite an undertaking when you take a step back and look at it.  I wish I had kept track of the hours spent, but I wouldn't call anyone a liar that said I committed over 500 hours during the half a year or so I worked on it since that could very well be true.  Many of those hours were very enjoyable and fun for me.  Hearing that people enjoyed or may still be enjoying it makes me feel a lot better about my use of that time.  Thank you for that and Happy Holidays to all.

Necropost.jpg

Some people are still playing this for the first time.  I just played it again after a few years and still love it.  I'm just here checking if the timer on the abomination was fixed.  I love that beast!

I just started playing M&B 1.011 again (I don't have Warband), and I really am interested in this mod. I downloaded the source, and I tweaked a few things:

• Disabled hero complaints
  • Cattle follow the player party
  • Increase horse speed
  • Variable prisoner sell prices (based on prisoner level)
  • I am going to add in Fisheye's Autoloot
  • I am going to tweak some item stats

Once I'm done, can I release it as an unofficial tweak version for others to play?

Speaking as someone who is proud to have spent his last two years with M&B and its many mods, I have to say that while WB is a huge improvement over the original, there is just one thing that isn't the same - total conversion mods for single player are almost thoroughly lacking, with the exception of Prophesy of Pendor and Brytenwalda (Which, most of the time in my computer, refuses to run correctly), that is.

Solid & Shade? Abandoned.
The Last Days? Not going to happen.
Eagle and the Radiant Cross? On indefinite hiatus.
Expanded Gameplay? Chel is gone.
Gang of Glasgow? Not ported.
1866? Multi-only.
Fury of Odin and Roots of Yggdrasil? Somehow the creator just sort of gave up.

Not to downplay such great mods as Vikingr and Mount and Musket/Napoleonic Wars, but to me the heart and soul of M&B has always been the single-player campaign. It was as though M&B has gone through a transition of sort between two eras of modding while I was here. While I can say I'm happy to have seen the best of both worlds, something isn't quite the same.

Now that my rant is over, back on topic: I rate Talera very, very highly in my mods list. It's like Prophesy of Pendor's little, adorable and talented brother who has tremendous potential yet never really had the chance to fully realize said potential. If this era's prime modders - Caba'drin and the Diplomacy team, for instance - could take up the helm and take over those projects that have unfortunately died over the past years and turning them into WB glory, suffice to say I'm willing to pay to see it happen.

But of course, until then we can only dream.

HardCode said:
I just started playing M&B 1.011 again (I don't have Warband), and I really am interested in this mod. I downloaded the source, and I tweaked a few things:

• Disabled hero complaints
  • Cattle follow the player party
  • Increase horse speed
  • Variable prisoner sell prices (based on prisoner level)
  • I am going to add in Fisheye's Autoloot
  • I am going to tweak some item stats

Once I'm done, can I release it as an unofficial tweak version for others to play?

Wow, really lucky I saw this. Absolutely! I no longer have the time or skill to work on this project, and am honoured that you paid attention to our humble mod. (I totally read your tutorials back in 2007 when I started here :smile: )

Cheers,
Alenmare.

Cool. I'll try to get this done in a week. Got a busy weekend coming up. Some might find the horses too fast, but I didn't change the armor or HP, so this kind of balances out - a faster horse gets hit for more damage as it speeds by. I just have to do the Autoloot then review some item stats.

I'm having issues with the autoloot. For example, a hero will only accept certain shields and throw out others. Same for boots. There must be a conflict of troop slots - or - I may have to put all the item types together in module_items.py. I'm in the process of working it out. I've added autoloot to lots of mods, but it's been so long I have to re-learn the code fisheye wrote.

hey no problem :p nobody is pushing u :grin: i'm just happy to see someone is working on this

if u need any help, i'l do what i can (mostly dialogues and writing, no coding)

Back
Top Bottom