Dead?

Jestus

Veteran
M&BWB
Best answers
I see posts here and there about this, but no definitive answer, so I'd like it clarified.

Is this mod completely done with production forever a.k.a. dead?

Elenmmare

I said I'd resume work when Warband was released... but to be honest, there has been little that I see would make this fitting for Warband. As Taleworlds loses its indie-esque status, I'm becoming less and less impressed with their attitudes. Nothing wrong with them, but there has certainly been a change in the way things work.

Regardless, there simply isn't a void that CoT needs to fill at the moment, not to mention that I have a ridiculously heavy workload at the moment that won't let up for a few years (IB et al).

I'm also waiting to see what Taleworld's next big thing is :razz:

Jestus

Veteran
M&BWB
Best answers
Elenmmare said:
I said I'd resume work when Warband was released... but to be honest, there has been little that I see would make this fitting for Warband. As Taleworlds loses its indie-esque status, I'm becoming less and less impressed with their attitudes. Nothing wrong with them, but there has certainly been a change in the way things work.

Regardless, there simply isn't a void that CoT needs to fill at the moment, not to mention that I have a ridiculously heavy workload at the moment that won't let up for a few years (IB et al).

I'm also waiting to see what Taleworld's next big thing is :razz:
That's cool, I just wasn't sure what was going on. Thanks for the reply.

manekemaan

Sergeant Knight
M&BWBNWVC
Best answers
so no warband port? even if I say pretty pls? I know this mod aint finished(tough it has almost no bugs ^^) but this was my first mod...

foset

Recruit
WB
Best answers
PLZ keep working on this mod it is my favorite mod but i stopped playing because im waiting for the quest lines and things to be finished. I LOVE this mod very good work. I did read the reply you said about the mod not being dead but i figured id drive it home with a beg or 2 :smile:

off topic: manekemaan u have a weird picture on ur posts. Its looks like a big pedophile bear just jizzed in a poor baby foxes mouth. Just saying

Martyran

Knight at Arms
M&BWBNW
Best answers
I hope this mod raises from the dead or re animates becasue how it plays is prety unique with the magic...and troops I think if it was combines with the open sourse stuff like diplomacy

manekemaan

Sergeant Knight
M&BWBNWVC
Best answers
:p i'm trying to get the modders to continue by showing them their work is apreciatted by writing an aar but real life is getting busy and my aar is advancing slowly:p

Martyran

Knight at Arms
M&BWBNW
Best answers
manekemaan said:
:p i'm trying to get the modders to continue by showing them their work is apreciatted by writing an aar but real life is getting busy and my aar is advancing slowly:p
yes i thought i would add my small voice to the request have read your AAR
Keep up the work its interesting

Lord Bryggan

Squire
WB
Best answers
I've been playing and replaying this mod since the dawn of time (usually a couple months in between each), loving it each time.  It just doesn't get old.  I agree about no need for warband port, warband will add nothing to it.  And can you imagine all the balancing issues in multi-player?  Everyone will be doing corpse combustion!  But I'd love to see this thing continued.  It's a stand alone sort of game that unfortunately makes you want more and more and more.

Elenmmare

The source is out there. I just don't have the time to work on it myself.

Dranz

Recruit
WBM&BVC
Best answers
Just saw this, even though it's been over a week or two since the last post, considering the inactivity in this area I hope it's fine to post this here. I very much enjoyed this mod, and still do at times, to the point to where I almost (almost) found a way to help out with things. Not my forte unfortunately, but I digress...

I very much enjoyed this module, and even though it's not actively developed, I can't honestly say I'm sad to see it in the state it's in. It's still a very amusing module to pick up and play every once in awhile, for me at least. Whatever becomes of it, I wish those of you who made it what it is the best.

This may be odd coming from a random person, but I only typed this up because I enjoyed it as much as it did. My only regret is I was unable to help in some way.

Elenmmare

Thanks for the kind words! I really enjoyed working on this project, but the real heroes were Kardiophylax and the rest of the team. They were the life of the mod, and deserve the credit. I was just a very fortunate kid, to be able to give something to the community and be included in an incredibly skilled team.

False Dragon

Recruit
M&B
Best answers
I've been playing this mod for 2 years or more now, and seeing it woke old memories.

This mod's story is magnificent, and the places seem like something out of a dream. I have fallen asleep only to wake up in Talera many a time!

All I can do is wish you the best of luck! And maybe for a future version? No, I kid. No need to wake this sleeping mod. You've all done great team!

manekemaan

Sergeant Knight
M&BWBNWVC
Best answers
False Dragon said:
I've been playing this mod for 2 years or more now, and seeing it woke old memories.

This mod's story is magnificent, and the places seem like something out of a dream. I have fallen asleep only to wake up in Talera many a time!

All I can do is wish you the best of luck! And maybe for a future version? No, I kid. No need to wake this sleeping mod. You've all done great team!
wise words :grin: indeed talera team you did a great job

(but i would definitly not mind this being continued) :grin: