OSP Kit QoL Dead roam the Earth

Users who are viewing this thread

There are various things that can cause that, but they're relatively rare.

I don't have a clue about what's wrong, yet.  I'm going back to basics and working forward, to see if I can get tf_skeleton working.

Getting close to victory.  Just had a battle with some skeletons.  They had skin shader problems.  Trying to go back to the shader I wanted to use.  Like sir_lacy, I saw some problems with the faces.  Going to check and see whether the half-skull I made earlier + using the skeleton_facekeys works.

Real, real close.  The color issue's fixed.  The skull face is still a problem, though- it apparently is mirroring the UVs... and the skin's not set up for that.  I'm going to try a whacky idea that Just Might Work to get that resolved.

Interesting.  Just mirroring the skin doesn't work.  Whatever's going on with faces is messy- the initial results are pretty distorted.  I'd hate to have to remap and reskin this thing, just to get that part working :razz:

Well it's okay if you don't want to do it. You have alrady done much to help me.
Post the codes and the brf so I can test it too please.

I'm close enough that I may as well finish it.  The only bit left is dealing with the uv distortion across the face.  Faces with facecodes apparently get mirrored in a very specific way.

I'm about to find out if I got that part working.

<tests>

Yes.  I think.  Double-checking a few things.  Will have to rebuild the normalmap, too- the face texture's totally different now.

Btw please add some .LOD materials. For some reason they are needed.

I'll put it on the repository and release some code.

Nearly there; when I get back from my evening chores I'll put it out.  Getting it to final polish was worth it.

skellies01.jpg

skellies02.jpg

skellies03.jpg

skellies04.jpg

skellies05.jpg

Awesome pictures there, xeno. Really awesome.

I don't know if it's because your new shaders but those skeletons never looked that good to me.

Great stuff.

Back
Top Bottom