Dead Monarchy - Medieval | Turn-Based | Mass-Tactics | RPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Here's the first monster reveal. I'll be going into more details in each faction reveal, when all monsters are covered for each specific faction. For now though, here's a few screenshots of the "Rodent Gunner", something that never got the spotlight a couple weeks back.

Monster Name: Rodent Gunner
Special Ability: Heavy Shot, a ranged knockback ability.

The majority of knockback abilities are all done within melee distance, so 1 tile away. The gunner likes to keep enemies at a distance but it can also be used aggressively to disrupt formations, knocking your units back, away from allies and exposing their flanks.

index.php

index.php

index.php

Just dropping in with a few more models that have been finalized. There are a few more models in this tier, then I'll be moving onto finishing the next tier of armor which is "Padded Armor". Cloth Armor 5-7:

index.php

index.php

index.php

creuzet said:
Looks pretty cool. Didn't knew that building and gunpowder we're  planned as well.

Thanks for the vote of confidence! Yep there is going to be base management and enemy units will utilize primitive gunpowder weapons.

Here's another monster reveal for the Rodent Clans.

Monster Name: Rodent Stalker
Special Ability: Quick Step, an ability that allows the user to disengage from melee combat without triggering an AOO (Attack of Opportunity).

By default whenever a combatant disengages from melee distance, that combatant will be subjected to an AOO. AOO attacks will bypass helmet/armor rating but only deal half damage, that said it is still extremely dangerous. With the Quick Step ability, the stalker will be able to quickly flank and move around enemies without being subjected to an AOO attack. Flanking an enemy from behind also grants several bonuses which include increase hit and critical chance and also a flat damage bonus of +5 which will bypass armor. In short, the rodent stalker is a highly mobile flanking unit.

index.php

index.php

index.php

Been a couple busy weeks, so didn't have time to post updates to all the forums. I decided to compile these past two weeks together into one bigger update :smile:

Cloth Armor 8-10:

index.php

index.php

index.php

Monster Name: Rodent Shaman.
Special Abilities: Mend Wounds, a single target ranged heal ability. Power Bomb, filled with all manner of hallucinogenic substances, this ability has a chance to stun the target or buff the target's.

Healing isn't really a common occurrence so these creatures will probably start to become high priority targets. Powder Bomb as you may have noticed can backfire and boost your own characters, which I thought was quite thematic to "ratmen". Overall, I'm trying to make the Rodent clan focus more on displacement and crowd control in terms of this faction's main theme/playstyle.

index.php

index.php

index.php

Monster Name: Rodent Soldier
Special Ability: Sunder Strike, double damage if the target is stunned. The damage applies to both armor damage and "health" damage.

The solider forms the frontline of the Rodent Clan and combines well with the Shaman. If a target is stunned by the Shaman, Sunder Strike will deal damage whether it be "health" damage or damage to Helmet/Armor rating. If you want to get to the Shaman, you'll have to get through these boys first. The soldier will also be the most heavily armored unit and the only rodent to carry a shield into combat.

index.php

index.php

index.php

Hey guys,

I've got an update out on indie DB detailing the current development situation of Dead Monarchy. It covers all the major features I've implemented so far and what you can expect in the early access version. Hoping to release into early access somewhere towards the end of the 1st quarter this year. After releasing the EA version, I'll also release an updated demo. The update is mostly text but there is a new armor set though :smile:

https://www.indiedb.com/games/dead-monarchy/news/dead-monarchy-early-access-build-1-update

After 7000+ hours, I am finally at the starting line. The store page is now live and Dead Monarchy will be heading into Early Access soon. You can wishlist the game at:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1037940/Dead_Monarchy/

index.php

Hey guys, just wanted to drop in and say that Dead Monarchy will finally be releasing into Early Access on June 18th, 10:00am PDT. It will be $10 USD with a 10% discount for the first week. :smile:

Dead Monarchy is now officially in early access and is 10% off for the first week!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1037940/Dead_Monarchy/

Build 6, the initial world map update has now been released to the experimental beta branch. It is a huge update that will require quite a bit of time to get right. Dead Monarchy is now also 25% off!

https://steamcommunity.com/games/1037940/announcements/detail/1710734955841926371

Back
Top Bottom