Dead Factions

Users who are viewing this thread

Arkyll

Recruit
Battania defeated Vlandia a good few years ago and for some reason after taking every remaining fief, they still piss about the place, slowly defecting except one clan.

And so Vlandia still 'exists' and constantly, non-stop just raid and raid their own territory over and over and get beaten, taken prisoner, escape, and do it all again over and over for years. Its honestly excruciating how annoying and repetitive it is.

What makes it worse is that the way mercenary clans work is that they seem to tip the balance in a war to the losing side somewhat.
What does that mean? It means that literally every mercenary clan in Calradia joins Vlandia in raiding every single Vlandian village they can find.

The AI doesnt know how to deal with it either, they wage war with Vlandia, and make armies to go on little military excersizes I suppose because there is nothing to attack except microscopic parties of pathetic sore losers. We make peace treaties, and of course, we have to pay them to stop. This doesnt mean that Battania wont wage war on Vlandia again and repeat this cycle. Repetition is a repeating theme in this game.

Imagine how much of a problem this wouldnt be if the AI were programmed to execute lords after a certain point. Execution is the rightful punishment for these scum honestly.

And so much like the rebels at the moment, I am forced to play janitor and eradicate Vlandia's royal bloodline until they are all rotting and dead. The game is treating me like some sort of psychopath doing this when im literally just doing what the game isnt capable of doing itself.

This is broken as hell and needs fixing real bad.

I have to admit, I don't quite understand why a destroyed faction doesn't just disappear. I mean it is kind of cool that every once in a while they manage to re-establish themselves but I think at some point they should stop trying to re-establish their Kingdom or maybe just should just take long breaks from doing so.

As for the mercenary thing though, too me it makes sense that they would bring in mercenaries to help them re-establish their Kingdom. I mean they don't have a country to draw troops from anymore so they need to get them from somewhere and as long as they have coin, mercenaries will work for anyone, even if they don't have a country anymore.

And so much like the rebels at the moment, I am forced to play janitor and eradicate Vlandia's royal bloodline until they are all rotting and dead. The game is treating me like some sort of psychopath doing this when im literally just doing what the game isnt capable of doing itself.

This is broken as hell and needs fixing real bad.

Actually this is kind of what actually did happen historically when one regime took over for another. I mean there actually was a reason why the entire royal family and any high nobility connected to them, men, women and children was often put to the axe, and this was to avoid a war of succession. In any case, there are many historical accounts of new kingdoms or power bases, doing exactly what your doing, playing janitor and eradicating the scions of the previous dynasty until they are dead and rotted.

Back
Top Bottom