SP Antiquity Dawn of Man - The Neolithic Mod, party like its 9999 BC!

Users who are viewing this thread

JUst came up with an idea for a weapon that could be a medium-damage and one handed. A stick with a sabercat tooth at the top (like the the club with a spike on the top in native)!
What do you guys think?

MakkeCrash said:
JUst came up with an idea for a weapon that could be a medium-damage and one handed. A stick with a sabercat tooth at the top (like the the club with a spike on the top in native)!
What do you guys think?

is it historically accurate? did people of the time use weapons like that?

lilkurt said:
MakkeCrash said:
Just came up with an idea for a weapon that could be a medium-damage and one handed. A stick with a sabercat tooth at the top (like the the club with a spike on the top in native)!
What do you guys think?

is it historically accurate? did people of the time use weapons like that?

I know there has been spears made of sharkteeth, but I'm unsure about sabertooth spears, I'll have to do aome research about it!

Also, maybe there could be Obsidian weapons? They have awesome cutting power but should be EXTREMLY rare!
The only historically accurate obsidian weapon would be a dagger so the drawbacks of the weapon is that it cant block and very limited range, but it has quite high cutting damage and is fast.

I've put more research and thought to this idea, so ignore my previous idea about toothspears!

this mod appears to be getting many people enthusiastic, i for one can't wait to play it. the excitement is killing me, i kind of wish i was ignorant to it so i wasn't waiting  :lol:

MakkeCrash said:
Also, maybe there could be Obsidian weapons? They have awesome cutting power but should be EXTREMLY rare!
The only historically accurate obsidian weapon would be a dagger so the drawbacks of the weapon is that it cant block and very limited range, but it has quite high cutting damage and is fast.

I've put more research and thought to this idea, so ignore my previous idea about toothspears!
Ever heard of the Aztecs? Most of their cutting weapons, and tips to their throwing weapons/bows had obsidian blades.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aztec_warfare#Melee_weapons

DarthTaco, I know the Aztecs had obsidian clubs that could sewer a horsehead, but that was when the civilizations had grown I think! Since all the races in this mod hasn't evolved into Humans yet I don't think that there are any civilizations so it has to be earlier weapons! I don't know much about the Aztecs so I might be completely wrong about this, but I think this mod focuses on an earlier age than the Aztecs.

You really need to study some more history, ''hasn't evolved into humans''? Sure there were humans already in the Neolithic age! You're way off your ground here, my boy.

Obsidian wasn't in abundance of where the true Dawn of (modern) Man happened.(Africa close to egypt) Althought the Homosapiens did have more advanced weapons than the neanderthals. The Homosapiens had much larger brain capacity and were able to outgun the neanderthals even if the neanderthals were more built for combat and the iceage.

actually neanderthals' brains were the same size as ours, and their weapons and tools were probably in similar stages of development.  that would make for a very dull mod though, so i'm fully in favour of presenting them as stereotypical stumpy grunting cavemen.

well done to all involved for getting this mod off the ground again, can't wait to up clubs and go hunting  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom