SP Antiquity Dawn of Man - The Neolithic Mod, party like its 9999 BC!

Users who are viewing this thread

:grin:

Nice find on that OSP!  I'll definitely find a way to work those in, the atmosphere would be perfect!

I realize I'm taking a while.  Here's some recommended viewing for your cave-man fix:

Quest For Fire:  Really cool movie actually, kind of a fantasy/historical epic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bsjJzG-vEE&feature=related
This version is posted in spanish, the intro is actually German I think, but everyone talks in clicks in the movie anyway.  Warning: Naked Cro-Magnon chick, but she's covered in body-paint, so I'm not sure how that works.

Clan of the Cave Bear:  Great books, great movie, but kinda depressing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0eMePt1JgI

Kinda trying to draw from these movies.  Definitely planning on mimicking some of the face and body paints they do!

now im curious.

will you make this also a game about technological advance (not going caveman to ancient) where horse riding was a new concept and you need to research it in a sense. I just think it would be kinda cool that we are on the dawn of man where man is dawning on the possibility of new stuff. like maybe make it so all civs only wield clubs and sticks. But as the culture advances they learn to put pointy stones on sticks to make this new thing called a spear =O

Originally I had wanted to play with that concept.  I realize that's probably beyond the scope of what I'll be able to do at this point, but it does exist to a degree.  Bows for example, are rare, and difficult to acquire.  You start out with really no skill in archery, since you've never used one, and almost all bows require a level or two of power draw, meaning once you find one, you'll have to invest some time learning to use it.

I am playing with some ideas related to taming animals.  The Riding skill is now replaced with Taming, and ideally in the future would be used to capture wild animals and get them to obey you! Difficulty would depend on the beast of course.  I think using this method, you might be able to eventually tame a wild horse... and be the only Man in Calradia with a steed :grin:

Zarthas said:
Originally I had wanted to play with that concept.  I realize that's probably beyond the scope of what I'll be able to do at this point, but it does exist to a degree.  Bows for example, are rare, and difficult to acquire.  You start out with really no skill in archery, since you've never used one, and almost all bows require a level or two of power draw, meaning once you find one, you'll have to invest some time learning to use it.

I am playing with some ideas related to taming animals.  The Riding skill is now replaced with Taming, and ideally in the future would be used to capture wild animals and get them to obey you! Difficulty would depend on the beast of course.  I think using this method, you might be able to eventually tame a wild horse... and be the only Man in Calradia with a steed :grin:

i think i just mentally came XD

seriously this mod just keeps sounding better and better

General Darius said:
Zarthas said:

i think i just mentally came XD

seriously this mod just keeps sounding better and better
I agree, this get's better and better!

I want to have Saber-tooth Bodyguards and ride a Giant Mammoth robed in the finest winter coat of a bear. My infantry would be apes and gorillas, the elites the Neanderthals and the ranged units...apes with rocks. 
Please make may dreams come true!

Metalfist said:
I want to have Saber-tooth Bodyguards and ride a Giant Mammoth robed in the finest winter coat of a bear. My infantry would be apes and gorillas, the elites the Neanderthals and the ranged units...apes with rocks. 
Please make may dreams come true!

Sounds like an awesome army.

so anyone know when there's going to be an update for this, sounds like its going to be an amazing mod, i  really the sound of some of the features, definitely going to be an amazing mod

how about we stick to realistic stuff and maybe you can work with the mod to make a bar that lets you tone down the realism and allow you those things

I honestly wanna play a more realistic game

I can see a single sabertooth if you have the highest tame skill and persuasion skill and maybe another skill that would let you have such

but an entire army of animals? i cannot see that

General Darius said:
how about we stick to realistic stuff and maybe you can work with the mod to make a bar that lets you tone down the realism and allow you those things

I can see a single sabertooth if you have the highest tame skill and persuasion skill and maybe another skill that would let you have such

I agree, not a complete army of animals. what if you had animal tamer units that "spawn" certain animals depending on their level/troop tier

General Darius said:
Twas a joke sah.

Metalfist said:
General Darius said:
Twas a joke sah.

yes but we dont wanna scare away zarthas XD we love him and want his mod <3

Back
Top Bottom