SP Antiquity Dawn of Man - The Neolithic Mod, party like its 9999 BC!

Users who are viewing this thread

Zarthas said:
Yeah, I'm kinda playing around with the leather vest and leather jerkin at the moment.  I was thinking maybe I could retexture them, but we'll see.  Otherwise I'll need to learn how to rig  :shock:

Expect some new screens up soon! There's a handful of new weapons and items, I want to show them off a bit.
Nice, keep going.

Sounds awesome :twisted: ive been looking for a mod like this. i love the idea of eating your prisoners and improvised weapons. cant wait for release!

Still trucking away at this one.  Been doing alot of retexturing of native armors and clothing to make them acceptable for the time period, and some to just make new items.

Got a fair handful of custom weapons now;
Flint Knife
Sharpened Stick
War Club
Bone-Spiked Club
Tree Limb , two handed club
Sharp Rock
Wooden Spear
Stone Hatchet
Rabbit Stick
Throwing Stakes
Boomerang
Tomahawks
Darts
Macana, a meso-american wooden 'sword'

I think the taking of prisoners will be much more useful than in the original mount and blade.  There'll be places to sacrifice them to the local Gods, which can improve your relationship with the local populace and improve morale, sell them into slavery, or of course, cannibalize them.  If you're feeling charitable, you may just try to convince them to join you.

Raiding villages is much more difficult this time around, as average villagers are still pretty dangerous.  They don't have shields or weapons or war of course, but they do have tools like logging axes and wooden pitchforks, and bows and spears for hunting.

General population of the game world is being decreased at the moment, to reflect that there just aren't that many humans.  Also means that the power gap between you and Lords(now called Chiefs) is a bit smaller.

Recruitment is the main issue I'm looking at right now.  I think one of the main methods is going to be capturing prisoners and drafting them, but I'm not sure about other methods.  I was thinking perhaps the wandering groups of Scavengers could also be convinced to join you if you have a decent sized party and some persuasion and leadership.

Another cool idea I'm looking at right now is having animals as a kind of 'resource'.  Its touched upon in Native, but I aim to really expand it and make it a gameplay mechanic.  Hunting is in the game at the moment, but I was thinking about having the ability to raise your own herds of cattle, and slaughter them as necessary for food.  If you do become chief of a village, you can expect to go on cattle raids of neighboring villages if times get tough.

Also playing with semi-permanent settlements.  That is, villages that function as they do now, but if they become horribly poor, they'll be able to pack up shop and move elsewhere.  As Chief of a village, you'd be able to order them to move.  If you manage to catch a village as its migrating, you can expect a very nice haul of goods.  I think this mechanic will replace Caravans.  When a village moves, it'll lose all of its improvements.

sexytextures.bmp

Been doing some retexturing of a few items, its going great thus far.  I'm at something of an arrest in development, due to some obscure compile error, if you're good with the module system, take a look maybe?:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,69311.0.html

In other news, Nomads are in game!  They're actually really awesome at the moment.  They're just wandering parties on the map, who have a decent relationship with all factions.  If they come across animal herds, they'll attack them, and they sometimes will clash with outcasts, the savages, and other Nomads.
If you approach a Nomad tribe, you can choose to trade with them, and they'll have a completely random assortment of items.  You can ask them about war parties in the area, and you can attempt to get some of them to join your party.  Or, you can slaughter them.
Currently, Nomad tribes grow 2 men per day, meaning if they go unmolested, they can have a 100-man force in about two months or so.  Large Nomad tribes will raid villages, attack you, and pretty much be bastardy.

Here's a quick run down of how my crafting system will work:

1) Make Camp.
2) Select Craft Items from the Menu.
3) This will bring you to a dialogue screen with the Craft Bench, an invisible NPC.  Here, according to your Craftsman skill, you can select a starting component, assuming you have one in your inventory -

Wooden Stick
Tree Limb
Long Stick
Club

After selecting a base component, you can choose to add a second component -

Sharp Rock
Bone Knife
Obsidian
None

From there, you'll be taken to a third screen, displaying all the possible weapons that can be made from what you've selected, and according to your Craftsman skill level. Select one of these and the necessary items will be removed from your inventory, and a new item will be added to your inventory.  It will be assigned a modifier according to your Craftsman skill, i.e., low skill = Crude/cracked Hatchet, high skill= Masterwork Hatchet.

Here's some basic item formulas -
-----
Club = Base for heavy one-handed weapons
Wooden Stick = Base for one-handed weapons
Tree Limb = base for two-handed weapons
Long stick = base for polearms
-----
Sharp Rock = Attach for Stone Weapons
Bone Knife = Attach for Bone Weapons
Obsidian = Used for Obsidian Weapons
----
Club + Bone Knife = Spiked Club
Stick + Sharp Rock = Hatchet
Tree Limb + Sharp Rock = Battle Axe
Long Stick + Sharp Rock = Stone Spear
Long Stick + Bone Knife = Bone Spear

Sounds nice, but maybe you could call "club" thick stick in stead or something, club sounds so.. finished already. I'm not sure.:???:

Have you set things up already or is this a more of a plan of how you want to do crafting?

Could you give us some untouched screens also? I love the idea and the features you are incorporating, but the screens are a bit, how to say, offputting. Especially the woad looks awful from my point of view.

Well, the screens aren't doctored in any way, I just keep saving them as GIFs >.>.  I do need to get around to making another batch, most of the current ones don't even have the new armor textures and stuff.

The crafting isn't in game currently, but its being developed.  Really right now I'm working on content generation to get a more prehistoric feel.

@FrisianDude; That's a really weird request lol. Not sure, if we get enough people asking I'll change it I guess.

Edit: By the way, Cannibalism is in. :twisted:

Alright I have an Idea.
MAMMOTHS... >_> Or Saber tooth tigers.... I don't think the Mammoths would be do-able. Well... Baby one's would probably be do-able... And I'm probably in the wrong era too. Just throwing something out there.... And Dinosaur's would be cool.... Someone should make a Dinosaur mount mod.
And also, You should get wolves and bears and such, Boar and Deer are boring to hunt if they don't fight back.

I think I was way off on the Era...... I don't think mammoths were alive during that time.... And I do believe they had rhino's and such back in the ice age (Really hairy ones)... I'm rambling. >_>;

I say you should make an Australian like Faction, Have them wear gator/croc skins (Or whatever the Fawk they have) Then put boomerangs in the game.... eh..... Croinky.... Never mind.... I just remembered.... M&B's Engine sucks, So no Boomerang.... But it would be interesting to see them running around. Just to throw in another suggestion.
Oh yeah, And you might wanna make loin cloths... And for the jungle people, Have leopards roaming around, NOW THAT would be fun as hell! Also.... I suggest hunting mokeys....

Back
Top Bottom