SP Antiquity Dawn of Man - The Neolithic Mod, party like its 9999 BC!

Users who are viewing this thread

I haven't seen that mod updated since 0.751 really.

edit: Holy crap, there's an 0.808 version! O_O

It was a good mod though (I loved the atl-atl darts). Guspav should still be floating about, I think I've seen him in Off-Topic.

You can always send him a PM both here and in MBX.

If you need the obsidian weapons though, they shouldn't be hard to recreate. I can try my luck with some if you want.

Yeah I may try stalking him for a bit.  Hey though, if you're feeling like making a couple of weapons, that'd be awesome! I'm actually in the market for Flint-tipped and Wooden weapons at the moment, as they're going to be the most common.  Probably only the Men of the Jungle will have access to the sharper obsidian weapons.  If you're wanting to contribute mate, I could use a medium stone-tipped spear, wooden spear or a stone tipped axe.  And maybe a replacement for the native staff :razz:

Atl-Atl's are in game.  They just look like javelins atm :razz:

Slings are in game too, sorta.  It uses the overhead dagger throw animation which looks pretty decent, but it still uses the crossbow reload animation.  And the sling itself looks like a rock.  Bear with me peeps.

A note on bows, they're going to be around, with couple changes:
2/3s the arrows you had before
85% Accuracy on most bows, meaning you'll miss 3/20 times even with really high skill
Ranges are reduced across the board
Damages reduced

Zarthas said:
Yeah I may try stalking him for a bit.  Hey though, if you're feeling like making a couple of weapons, that'd be awesome! I'm actually in the market for Flint-tipped and Wooden weapons at the moment, as they're going to be the most common.  Probably only the Men of the Jungle will have access to the sharper obsidian weapons.  If you're wanting to contribute mate, I could use a medium stone-tipped spear, wooden spear or a stone tipped axe.  And maybe a replacement for the native staff :razz:

Atl-Atl's are in game.  They just look like javelins atm :razz:

Slings are in game too, sorta.  It uses the overhead dagger throw animation which looks pretty decent, but it still uses the crossbow reload animation.  And the sling itself looks like a rock.  Bear with me peeps.

Well thats great! Anyways, I'm making a mod of my own this summer (its on hold right now, for school purposes), which is in a kind of New World setting (the setting as a whole is actually in the EATRC universe) and I think some of your weapons would be great for the mod! Heck, if you had the time, we could even work together on it, if you like.  :wink:

ImpSmash said:
wow this mod looks great hoping to play soon and is there gonna be like hunting animals but like a feature where its dinasours instead or something like that?

im pretty shure dinos were extinct long before 7000-8000 BC lol  :lol:

Interesting mod, homever I noticed some historical mayor mistakes, even if you are making a half-realistic mod.

On the first screen some warriors have cloaks - they were invented later, in ancient ages. On the second screen one of warriors have wooden shield with metalic umbo and borders - hmm... do you believe that metals have been produced in period 8000-7000 BC? They shouldn't have any shields. Same about woad dyed skins - it looks fun, but I don't think that neolithic people used woad to dye themselves, even if there are some finds of Istatis tinctoria in the French cave of l'Audoste.

Here's a quick suggestion about weapons, that you may use:

- wooden spears
- throwing wooden spears
- wooden spears with stone blade
- bows and arrows
- javelins
- wooden throwing darts
- wooden clubs
- sticks
- throwing stones
- axes with bone or stone blade
- spiked clubs
- wooden staves
- bone knives
- very simple shields, made of animal hide

Body protection

- mostly animal skins, you can use rawhide coat
- some men topless or they can have very simple body paints (no woad)
- 60% of men should be barefeet
- the other can have fur shoes (some good examples in The Wedding Dance mod)

You should also check an old Paleolithic mod, which is avaiable for 0.808 - there are some good weapons.

ithinkimighthateyou said:
ImpSmash said:
wow this mod looks great hoping to play soon and is there gonna be like hunting animals but like a feature where its dinasours instead or something like that?

im pretty shure dinos were extinct long before 7000-8000 BC lol  :lol:

By 7000-8000B.C,I'm sure the first permanant cities were starting to form since the first ruins of a city was found to be around 4000-3000B.C

@Kolba:  http://www.crystalinks.com/otzi.html The infamous 'Iceman' was said to be carrying a woven grass cloak.  He's dated around 3300 b.c. by most accounts, and that's a pretty sophisticated cloak.  Honestly, it would seem to me that the cloak would have been invented when a cave man was cold and draped an animal skin around him.

I'm sure you also know that the shield is an unused native one :razz:  Its a filler.  There's going to be a lot of whicker and Hide shields.

About the use of metals.  The earliest known use of metals to my knowledge is 5500 b.c., in a copper headed axe found in Serbia.  There's some evidence to suggest they may have been used prior to this.  I'm thinking Copper weapons will appear in the game, as the highest tier of weaponry, and non-existent in most places.

About the woad :shock: That's kinda nit-picky.  Cultural trends are hard to track when we barely have any evidence that these cultures existed.  In this world, there is Woad, and these guys do paint themselves with it.

On your items list:

My weapon list is actually shaping up pretty similar.

I'm actually doing alot of research into Maori, Samoan, Native American, African, and Aztec traditional weaponry, and coming up with some interesting stuff.

The Men of the Mountains always wear shoes, because its @#$ing cold where they live.  Mountain Men who don't wear shoes don't have feet.

Everything I can find claims that leather was invented during the Paleolithic, so it'll be a mix of Furs and Leathers for clothing.  Some factions just won't wear any.

Thanks for your interest, I've got it under control though.

@Gothic Knight: I've been reading alot about a temple area in southeastern Turkey at Göbekli Tepe dated to 10,000 BC.  Apparently there were no permanent homes in the area, but it does mean that people were coming together at this time in at least one way.  According to a few more sites, the first permanent town is called Jericho, in Levant, around 9600 B.C.  And I've often read that agriculture-based societies cropped up in Europe around 7000 B.C., which requires  permanent settlement.

Missed your posts I own Kansas and Maeglin Dubh.  No harm in asking right?  I'm prepared to make my own though, so no biggie.  Made a wooden spear last night w00t.

Yeah, I'm kinda playing around with the leather vest and leather jerkin at the moment.  I was thinking maybe I could retexture them, but we'll see.  Otherwise I'll need to learn how to rig  :shock:

Expect some new screens up soon! There's a handful of new weapons and items, I want to show them off a bit.

Back
Top Bottom