SP Antiquity Dawn of Man - The Neolithic Mod, party like its 9999 BC!

Users who are viewing this thread

WitchyWoman said:
I know Zarthas IRL. He'd be very angry if someone stole it. He is still alive and will be working on it this weekend. Stay tuned for further news..

you are an angel bringing us this news of this godly mod being resurrected from the dead like zombie jesus

edit: zarthas i do apologize about suggesting the theft of your intellectual property. its just that the way you have this mod described the the fact i couldnt get much done in game make me sad because it sounds like such an epic idea

and ive been watching this mod since 2 weeks prior to my first post on this thread

so please keep up the awesome work and please forgive me if you can

Zarthas said:
Hello then.

Yes I am alive.

Yes I know that person.  She is my horribly nosy wife.

Yes I would like to work on this mod.

Yes I will release SOMETHING this weekend.  I haven't dusted this off in ages now, but I think there was just some kind of bug that was preventing me from releasing a Beta.  I'll have a crack at it and release it in some form or fashion.

I'm really shocked at all the support this is still getting.  People seem to be clamoring for this even after all the dead-time, I'm really grateful for all the positivity and constructive criticisms and ideas.  I'll try and wade through the stuff I missed and get back to you guys.

Please don't steal this.  You won't be able to do much with the code because I'm so messy, and about half of the resources weren't created by me.  Mort will get very upset if someone take his stuff, and Highlander is still around as well I think.

The End :grin:

I'm so glad to hear this, this is easily one of my favorite mods, even though I only played it for a few weeks before the update made it unplayable.

Well damn, I just realized a new version has been released.  Anyone have any experience with updating a mod to this version?  Looks there aren't that many changes so it should be straight-forward. 

Also, just wanted to put out a few things if anyone is interested.  I've always been very favorable to any contributions to this project, and everything that's been contributed has been used.  The hard facts of the matter are I don't have as much time as I would like, and there's just a few things holding this back from being a completely different gaming experience from vanilla mount and blade.  If anyone has a bit of talent and would like to help get this thing completed, I could use a couple things:

- A map.  Unless somehow Thorgrim's map editor has stopped being such a wonky bastard since last time I was here, I don't really have the patience or time to mess with it.  If anyone would like to create a map for this mod, it would be massively appreciated.  I'd be just as happy to take whatever you created essentially, but if you want something to go off of, I'll draw something up for you in photoshop.

- Content, content, content.  There's actually a boat-load of new or modified content in the game now, but I will always accept more.  If you can model a little bit, I will accept any kind of club, spear, axe, bone-spike polearm, or anything you can come up with.  If you're good and want to contribute a helmet, boots, or armor, that would be incredible.

- HUD, GUI stuff.  I've already gotten some great splash screens for loading and the main menu and stuff, but the combat HUD, the dialog GUI, stat screen and Inventory can all use some attention.

I could really do all these things myself, but it will slow down the process.  I'd rather dedicate my time to perfecting the more complex stuff like the animal system.

Oh yeah, I'm not sure if I ever mentioned this.  I changed some stuff about the damage system. 

Wrestling:  Works on the Weapon Master skill now, but will get its own skill slot eventually.  It improves unarmed damage by 2, and gives you a +10% chance to 'Throw' enemies when you hit them, knocking them down for a moment, and displaying a little message.

Stoneflesh: Actually reduces damage taken by 1 per skill point.  Might change this, I dunno.

Dodge/Roll with Damage:  Gives you 5% chance per level of athletics to reduce incoming damage to 1.  May get its own skill too.

Well damn, forums, you never cease to amaze me. So I see there is a post in this thread, yeah, probably someone else wondering how to fix the no-damage bug. And boom, a WILD MOD DEVELOPER attacks. Nice to see you back! You _almost_ made me learn modding to recreate the idea :razz:.

Zarthas! You're back! Bring this mod from dead to alive! I have awaited update for loong time. I want support this mod!

hello Zarthas,
I've begin to make a neolithic multiplayer mod one year ago but I wasn't really able to make something cool since I'm a very bad coder !!!

My computer crashed 2 weeks ago and I've lost all my data and bye the way my models (cave system, a mamouth, +some weapons)
If I've know that you will be continuing this mod I would have give you my stuff earlier....
toolbag%202012-06-11%2023-24-05-47.png

BUT, when I was making the mod, I've find this:

Harry_ said:
Well, I suppose it's time I released an OSP.
I won't be OSPing the stuff from my mod, sorry, it's important to me.
These are from a different setting though, and anyone is welcome to them.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11806970/OSP/OSP.rar

Should work fine ingame as weapons. I only tested them as statics but this is an ingame shot.

enjoy!

ingame_neo.jpg

link to a multiplayer game:
http://www.moddb.com/games/stone-rage

some of my images(maybe it could interest you):

UcIAO.jpg

Rht7x.jpg

DEN8_.jpg

S-oO1.jpg

D18uO.jpg

3RVdI.jpg

rbgDm.jpg

keep up the good work ;D

Romainoir said:
hello Zarthas,
I've begin to make a neolithic multiplayer mod one year ago but I wasn't really able to make something cool since I'm a very bad coder !!!

My computer crashed 2 weeks ago and I've lost all my data and bye the way my models (cave system, a mamouth, +some weapons)
If I've know that you will be continuing this mod I would have give you my stuff earlier....
toolbag%202012-06-11%2023-24-05-47.png

BUT, when I was making the mod, I've find this:

Harry_ said:
Well, I suppose it's time I released an OSP.
I won't be OSPing the stuff from my mod, sorry, it's important to me.
These are from a different setting though, and anyone is welcome to them.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11806970/OSP/OSP.rar

Should work fine ingame as weapons. I only tested them as statics but this is an ingame shot.

enjoy!

ingame_neo.jpg

link to a multiplayer game:
http://www.moddb.com/games/stone-rage

some of my images(maybe it could interest you):

UcIAO.jpg

Rht7x.jpg

DEN8_.jpg

S-oO1.jpg

D18uO.jpg

3RVdI.jpg

rbgDm.jpg

keep up the good work ;D

A mammoth! A mammoth! My kingdom for a mammoth! Great work Romainoir!

@Romainoir -- Hey, that's very generous of you!  Thanks for the links and support man.  I'll definitely find a place for these :grin:

Okay.  I'm going to upload a new version soon.  There's still bugs, and I don't even remember what all is different from the last version hah.  I trust the loyal people of the forum will help me hunt down all the problems!

Romainoir, awesome lookin' models! I hope they will be implemented into the game!
I CAN'T WAIT FOR A WORKING VERSION OF THIS! The idea is soooo cool! I have tried the mod, but of course I couldn't kill anyone, but the map, the items and the faces looked so ****ing awesome!

!!!!!! Wow man, those are awesome.  I'm kind of upset that a couple of them look like the weapons I modeled but a thousand times better, meaning there's no point in using mine any more  :cry:  I don't need anything specific, everyone supporting has given me a pretty great range of items!

But seriously these are just outstanding.  DarthTaco has been kind enough to give me a number of models as well that I'll just need to texture when I get a minute.  I really have to work all of these into the mod before I upload a new version.  You guys will understand I'm sure :razz:

Oh yeah I had a small problem where I got banned yesterday.  All good now.

Back
Top Bottom