SP Antiquity Dawn of Man - The Neolithic Mod, party like its 9999 BC!

Users who are viewing this thread

Cake said:
I really am confused now. I have spent a couple of hours checking the modded files that might relate to the damage issue and I have found nothing so far... In addition to that I cannot understand why the damage works in the battle where the merchant comes but not in any other battles. Strange.

Edit: Without the module system I cant fix this, sorry! Trying to get hold of the modder who made this, but no luck so far.

Damn  :sad:
Is there any way to look older dawn of man mod version and see what damage system is there and copy it to new version of mod? (sorry my queston if it is silly but i dont know nothing about  modding)

I dont think it has anything to do with the mod itself, just the fact that more patches for warband since the last mod version have been released and the code is written in a slightly way so therefore some things wont work with the mod. The damage not working is a issue I have heard of before, but for the first battle that starts the merchant quest to work, yet nothing else, is really puzzling and I cannot think why that has happened.

I can only deal damage by punching and kicking but nothing weapon not deal any damage but some animals can deal damage. Is this helpful information?
And yeah, those latest patch messed up almost everthing.

Uga the Caveman said:
I can only deal damage by punching and kicking but nothing weapon not deal any damage but some animals can deal damage. Is this helpful information?
And yeah, those latest patch messed up almost everthing.

That is useful, but as I said, without the module system, I can't do anything. Trying to contact the modder is going to be useless, since he has not logged on since January.. Unless their is a way to import the .txt files back into python then I really cant do anything.

Uga the Caveman said:
There arent others modders?

There are other contributors but none of them contributed anything that would involve the module system so they probably wouldn't have a copy of it.

ironicaly, the only mod that is absolutley perfect for M&B engine can't be done....
I mean the AI is as smart as a caveman, the combat is absolutley realistic for a caveman's thinking,
the army numbers are equal to a small tribe wich is nice since it kinna ruins it for the other mods
(napoleonic mod for example, where france has 20 armies of 150 men= 3000 men, and we all know napoleon gathered over a million soldiers for his champains...)

Executor-64- said:
ironicaly, the only mod that is absolutley perfect for M&B engine can't be done....
I mean the AI is as smart as a caveman, the combat is absolutley realistic for a caveman's thinking,
the army numbers are equal to a small tribe wich is nice since it kinna ruins it for the other mods
(napoleonic mod for example, where france has 20 armies of 150 men= 3000 men, and we all know napoleon gathered over a million soldiers for his champains...)
Somewhat agreed. I mean, even the vanilla game doesn't have realism...the AI sucks, the armies are far too small, and a town has a maximum of 25 people living in it... while this would work for a caveman mod, it would need a tad bit of work. But big f***ing deal...this would be a great mod!  :grin:

You guys are totally underestimating humanity right now. Even if we were uneducated or uninformed, we were never that dumb as the ''robotic'' AI in M&B (running right towards incoming cavalry or trying to get someone on a roof by running into the wall as an example) since that would go completely against our instincts.

VonTawast said:
You guys are totally underestimating humanity right now. Even if we were uneducated or uninformed, we were never that dumb as the ''robotic'' AI in M&B (running right towards incoming cavalry or trying to get someone on a roof by running into the wall as an example) since that would go completely against our instincts.

Agree.

Ladies, fish and gentlemen, this mod is effectively dead. The 0 dmg bug is due to the mod being made for 1.132 and not being updated. If someone knows how to tinker with code, he could probably patch it unoficially. I know I cannot, though that doesn't stop me from trying ;P.

Yeah, I was interested in that mod too... but before we talk about sieges, let's be able to actually do any damage. And that is impossible w/o updating this mod. So, spread the word, maybe some crazy scripter will find a way to fix it. If I will find enough determination, I personally will learn to mod and try to make something like this mod.

Back
Top Bottom