Dating Thread, v. II

Users who are viewing this thread

giphy.gif

>be an asocial introverted dude that got lonely during covid
>try online dating
>finally match a cute girl
cjJwNk3.png

When a cute girl is interested in you, you should ask yourself first: what is wrong with her? :razz:
I'd say just ignore what she thinks about stuff and focus on the cuteness. It won't last, but you should have a good time mostly. At least that's what I did a few years ago - she was an offensive ******* with no empathy, but cute and fun when she was talking about food or movies.
In other words, just accept death. :smile:

Last edited:

You say anime is brainrot but...

If it says "damage to the economy" below the image crop i will die laughing. She sounds kind of toxic.
...The whole covid is nothing compared to the damage to the economy and our lives. Everyone who thinks vaccines with magically solve the problem and everything will go back to normal is lying to themselves. Yeah uhm sorry for ranting

I think ditzy to the level of accidental toxic.

I gotta wonder if she's a troll. Either that or she's just another idiot. One side effect of the pandemic is that it's revealing that there are way more crazies and idiots out there than you might've guessed not too long ago.

I gotta wonder if she's a troll. Either that or she's just another idiot. One side effect of the pandemic is that it's revealing that there are way more crazies and idiots out there than you might've guessed not too long ago.
I see many people (especially younger) say similar things. They are not idiots, just selfish. They suffer so other people don't die and they don't like it. By now, they are pretty tired of it, and now we have the 3rd wave and more restrictions, they are on the edge and rant even on dating apps obviously.
Rams, don't listen to the virgin folk, they would criticize almost any woman on the flimsiest of pretenses. Not getting any does that to the mind. :smile:

I'm like 90% sure Nietzsche wouldn't have become a philosopher if he just got his **** wet.

TBF a curfew does sound like a pretty dumb way to reduce transmission. Closing bars early or restricting alcohol sales to certain times might maybe make sense but why a blanket curfew? Is Covid a nocturnal virus?
She does seem a little dense though, the vaccine has been shown to reduce mortality and transmission rates so once the vulnerable have been vaccinated there doesn't seem to be any need for more lockdowns so it's close enough to "magically" fixing the issue for me.

Is Covid a nocturnal virus?
No, but the same kind of muppet that will blatantly disregard other public restrictions will be. And night's a ***** of a time to police, what with it being downtime for everyone but first responders and a handful of maintenance and manufacturing folk.
A curfew offers an easily enforceable blanket ban on unnecessary night-time movement, hopefully* keeping folks in place.
*Because you're probably down to hoping stuff'll get better by this point.

I decided to play around a bit with another online dating site. First time I've tried anything like that (including Bumble/Tinder) in months and months. Even paid for a month of premium membership, which I've never done on any site/app before. Set up a profile, tried to make a bit of an effort... we'll see what happens. Most likely nothing, but I've got to do something, right? Maybe I'll lose interest and hardly ever go back there again after today (it's very possible), but for this afternoon at least I'm bored enough and hopeful enough to give it a try.

First impressions... I'm still somewhat optimistic, but at the same time, yikes. I started looking through the people in 'my queue' and, well, out of the first 100 profiles I saw, the chubby people, unattractive people, and idiots must have made up 70%. The chubby girls alone made for at least half. Don't get me wrong, there were ones I liked, too, but they were a definite minority. I suspect this is going to require some time and dedication...

Back
Top Bottom