Dating Thread, v. II

Users who are viewing this thread

Asking people about their relationships or sexual preferences is pretty rude and inappropriate in most places and only 45 year old aunties are allowed to get away with it without sounding like nosy pervs. I wouldn't even ask my friends how things are going with their S.O. unless they brought it up first. Asking "what do you like in a man" is also extremely transparent, to the point where it feels more condescending than just asking someone out the normal way.

The dating thread hasn't had a post in four months? Jesus Christ, is everybody just using their hands these days? :razz:

Figured I'd post an update on my own dating-related non-adventures: Back in the fall, I finally got my crush's phone number. Yay! That's a weight off my mind; it was pretty frustrating trying to figure out how to date someone when I didn't even have a way of communicating with her directly. At the same time, I asked her if she wanted to go for a walk in the park with me. She seemed to like that idea. I texted her a couple of times to see about meeting up to go for that walk, but both times she said she was busy. (****.) After the second time, I didn't want to seem like a nag, so I left it there and didn't ask again. Her being busy both times did make sense, though, because I was texting her at short notice: I'd text her like early in the afternoon (because with my work, I didn't always know how my day is going to unfold) to see if she wanted to get together later that day, but by that point she'd have already made plans with her parents or her friends. So, partly my fault, but disappointing nonetheless. I've seen her a few times since then, but it's always been when we've both been busy and there've been other people around. I haven't texted her since then; I guess I haven't known what to say or what I should do next.

My initial thinking, earlier in the year, was to keep things between us casual and friendly to start with, and then once we'd had time to get to know each other a bit and the perfect moment presented itself, I'd try to make a romantic move. Now, even though we haven't gotten a chance to spend any significant time alone, I feel like we have gotten to know each other a bit, and I feel like the perfect moment is never going to come along if she doesn't know why I want to spend time with her. I feel like the next time we see each other and there's a few minutes when noone else is around, I should just make a move, try to tell her how I feel about her, and see what she thinks. Does that seem like a sane approach, guys? I feel like I'm never going to get anywhere with her if I don't do something.
If you asked her more than three times and she was always busy without suggesting an alternative date when she's not busy, then forget her and move on.

Asking people about their relationships or sexual preferences is pretty rude and inappropriate in most places and only 45 year old aunties are allowed to get away with it without sounding like nosy pervs. I wouldn't even ask my friends how things are going with their S.O. unless they brought it up first. Asking "what do you like in a man" is also extremely transparent, to the point where it feels more condescending than just asking someone out the normal way.
That's pretty weird even if you account for British standoffishness. Remember that people around the world, including Arvenworld, are much more relaxed about asking personal questions, especially on a date. Being a smartass and wrong at the same time doesn't make you more convincing.

It's not normal to be talking about other women as a "strategy" in a "game"...
It's a crude concept, but it helps when talking about unwritten rules and avoiding common mistakes. It's true that when you know what are you doing there are no rules and there is no game.

Last edited:
Huh asking about our relationships its pretty common where im from or at least in my group of friends, everyone opens up pretty easily and it's a normal type of conversation, sexual preference it's a chat you dont have everyday... that's like something you speak about in certain situations, straight up asking that is pretty weird. Like hey do you like penis???
Please dont think about strategies to get laid just be human and expect human reactions is the only thing that matters

Since this is a more appropriate thread than the what makes you happy thread...

I've been dating my girlfriend for two months now - it's going great, we're going camping together in a few weeks, and we're developing pretty serious feelings for each other! I can't say I'm in love at this point, but I also can't say love isn't going to happen?

My wife is still feeling pretty threatened about the whole situation, but she seems to be coming around to the idea. We've been going on dates as well, which has been really nice. It's been (and still is) painful, but I feel hopeful that we can evolve our relationship into something stronger than the relationship that I thought was great before it broke. For the time being, I know that I want to keep dating both of them! :grin:

I finally told my mom and dad about the whole situation, and that was a huge weight off of my shoulders. They want me to be happy, but they also think I'm crazy, that I don't know what I want, and that what I want is unrealistic. Maybe they're right? :razz:

Pretending to be asleep after sex, just so you can fart a little bit every time the girl tries to cuddle with you.

Few things are more entertaining in life.

And to think I once paid a $40.00 tip to get an oceanside table with candlelight like this one
jWCzY.jpg
When all I had to do was fart in bed.

Back
Top Bottom