Dating Thread, v. I

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ati said:
So this girl at work has gotten attached to me :\.  She was pressing her boobs into my arm repeatedly when they were taking pictures at work.  And then when we had a break, she was like "So where do we sit?"  I was like "WTF" in my head, but I tried to hide it the best I could.  She is a young mom with a kid, so that alone is too much for me.  I don't want to start a family anytime soon, plus she seems a little weird. How do you let someone down at work easily?  I'm not graceful when it comes to this.  Sure I could lie and say I have a girlfriend, but that could bite me in the ass later, or someone else at work could blow my cover.  What to do?

She might just want to pork you. It's not like women don't know WILL YOU BE A NEW FATHER FOR MY CHILDREN isn't a very effective strategy. Would you like to pork her?

MadVader said:
You say that as if it is a bad thing. :smile:

@JP
One-sided crushes are much like masturbation, but less useful. You obsess over an illusion and suffer. Get real with girls you can get, then move from there to girls you really want.
You and your organ can always revisit the ex-crushes in several years after you gain more experience and confidence, and get them out of your system. This happens a lot more than you'd expect.

:grin:
I know it may sound hypocritical, but I don't tend to focus on hopeless crushes.
At this point, my most likely course of action is to stay friends and keep looking. There was a cute Japanese girl flirting with me a a party not too long ago...

Actually, looking at my luck, she actually did like me, but really didn't want a relationship. She gets over it as I shack up with another girl, throwing a damper on the whole thing. Blarg.

Ati said:
So this girl at work has gotten attached to me :\.  She was pressing her boobs into my arm repeatedly when they were taking pictures at work.  And then when we had a break, she was like "So where do we sit?"  I was like "WTF" in my head, but I tried to hide it the best I could.  She is a young mom with a kid, so that alone is too much for me.  I don't want to start a family anytime soon, plus she seems a little weird. How do you let someone down at work easily?  I'm not graceful when it comes to this.  Sure I could lie and say I have a girlfriend, but that could bite me in the ass later, or someone else at work could blow my cover.  What to do?

"I'm gay. Do you have a brother?"

MadVader said:
Listen to Merlkir, he knows his stuff. You may really up this by discussing radical day care ideas.

I wanted to say I really don't know **** about women, but...thinking about it now, I seem to be good at putting them off. So, yeah. Listen to me. :wink: Don't be a sexy bad boy jerk. Be just a jerk.

Ok so basically it looks like we will stay together. I am not sure of myself in the future, I hope my attitude won't change for a more harsh one. As you said Seff, I do seem to have skipped the anger phase of the coping proccess, but on the other hand I have been in a simmilar situation myself so I think I am just handling this pretty well from my point of view. I know what alcohol or other substanced may do to your thinking proccess, totally changing your way of looking at things basically cutting off your sane self from the things you do.

The thing I am afraid the most right now is that she is not treating it correctly for her point of view, concentrating to much on the impact on us instead of what the situation did or may have done to her. I fear that if it changes towards more self loathing she might not be able to stand me as a partner because by being there and being understanding she will be constantly reminded of the thing that makes her hate herself and feel that my love for her is not deserved.

Teofish said:
Merlkir said:
Don't be a sexy bad boy jerk. Be just a jerk.
Still ended up married and enchilded.

To suffering, insufficient jerk leads.

images

Nahkuri said:
Ati said:

She might just want to pork you. It's not like women don't know WILL YOU BE A NEW FATHER FOR MY CHILDREN isn't a very effective strategy. Would you like to pork her?

Nah, she is acquaintance-zoned.  I'm just looking for an alternative to turning down her invitations to hangout, food offerings and all that ****.  Since when I do that, it takes girls a while for the message to sink in or it brings out the crazy.

True.

But let's look at it this way: What would make a young mother look at you as a potential mate? Being good-looking, a nice guy and porkable alone isn't the whole picture. My personal belief is that once a woman has a particular level of experience wish to look for someone to settle down with, she'd first look for reliability. The fact that he got a mature woman do just that implies that he's seen as a reliable fellow. A real man.

There's nothing more humiliating than being interested in a girl and then have her tell you that she only sees you as a boy and not a man. Trust me, I've been there.

And to tell the truth, I think I haven't gotten much in the man department.

Would have been pointless. I have never sought a girlfriend for sex. Never did, probably never will. All I ever want is for someone to be there when I need someone to speak to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom