Darkest Dungeon

Users who are viewing this thread

Moose!

poorly-drawn
Duke
http://www.darkestdungeon.com/game/

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1460250988/darkest-dungeon-by-red-hook-studios

A roguelike RPG where your party is vulnerable to the fear and mental anguish that plagues adventurers. There also seems to be a pinch of Cthulhu Mythos thrown in for good measure. I'm interested, and apparently other people are too. I look forward to purchasing this when it comes out.  :grin:

The idea is very interesting. If only I cared about blobbers at all.

There's also a sci-fi blobber being kickstarted right now.

00000065-001.png

Blobber is a 1st person RPG, usually dungeon-crawlers but not always, where the entire party moves and fights together, as a blob.

Following games are examples of blobbers:
Wizardy series
Wasteland
Eye of the Beholder 1-3
Lands of Lore
Dungeonmaster  series
Might & Magic series (the originals from 3DO)
Legend of Grimrock

It doesn't matter whether it's RT or TB, or grid-based or free-form.

You're too young to have played any of those games - except for LoG, I guess - as a kid. Unless your parents only bought you a 486 or something, and you got all your games from dusty 2nd-hand shops.

Jhessail said:
You're too young to have played any of those games - except for LoG, I guess - as a kid. Unless your parents only bought you a 486 or something, and you got all your games from dusty 2nd-hand shops.

:?: It's hardly inconceivable. Until 97 my gaming options were a 25mhz 486 and NES.

Very interested but still on the fence.

If the game was a bit of a sandbox, in the sense that if I want I dont have to progress in the storyline and crawl in dungeons for as long as I like, taking my time. And also enter as many dungeons as I want.

Docm30 said:
I've been playing those since I was a kid and I never heard that term. Frankly I think you just made it up.

It's standard lingo over at the RPGcodex, that hive of scum and villainy Jhess seems to frequent. :wink:

WTF? This isn't the game I thought it was! Now I wonder what video I was watching earlier, because it definitely wasn't Darkest Dungeon.  :oops:

They have lepers!

The Affliction System and character permadeath sound intriguing. Looks like it's gonna be one of those games where part of the fun is in dying horribly, over and over again. But I'm particularly interested in the character development aspect of the game, and it seems like they'll be putting a lot of emphasis on that.

Holy **** this game looks ****ing amazing. Rarely do I come across footage of a game and be really impressed.

I like the art style, it reminds me a lot of the 2D cut scenes some games (ie The Witcher 2) use.

Back
Top Bottom