Dark Souls

Users who are viewing this thread

Vermillion_Hawk said:
To be honest invaders shouldn't really be getting annoyed over the so-called "gank squads". You lose nothing but a little time when you invade, and it doesn't hurt anything but your pride when you end up losing. Additionally, you have the choice to end your stay in the host's world at any time - the only tool at the host's disposal is a disconnect.

I don't know what the quotation marks are about as gank squads are set up specifically to grief invaders by camping around their hotspots all day. It's all legitimate play of course and is something to take into account when you invade, but it does get extremely annoying as you'll find yourself invading these same clowns over and over again, so instead of opting out repeatedly you should simply grief the poo poo out of them instead -- preferably in the dirtiest ways imaginable. It is a comedy goldmine.

Ringwraith #5 said:
Pft, gank squads? How about some guy ranting at me because apparently healing myself is unfair? *****, you're invading my world to murder me and steal my souls and humanity and you expect me to fight by some unwritten gentlemen's rules? **** off! You can heal yourself perfectly fine as an invader too, the fact that you're unwilling to spend your precious humanity to do it is your problem, not mine. :lol:

In this we are very much in agreement. In fact, I exchanged several messages on my PS3 just yesterday with some very angry person who was evidently annoyed that I stabbed him in the back after he invaded my world and walked up to me and bowed. I've never condoned such things in Demon's Souls and I certainly don't condone them in Dark Souls. If people want to duel, that's fine - have your little gentlemanly duel in the Arena or in the designated areas; otherwise, don't expect people to adhere to your imaginary set of rules once you forcibly insert yourself into their world and stall their progress.

DARK SOULS 2 ANNOUNCED DARK SOULS 2 ANNOUNCED DARK SOULS 2 ANNOUNCED DARK SOULS 2 ANNOUNCED DARK SOULS 2 ANNOUNCED DARK SOULS 2 ANNOUNCED DARK SOULS 2 ANNOUNCED DARK SOULS 2 ANNOUNCED

Well whatever, ultimately it all depends on how they improve the gameplay over the last 2. Mount & Blade 2 just went down a big notch on my most anticipated list (Hint to Ragnor - release a teaser like this and redeem thyself!).

Hopefully they will make it actually playable on the PC without looking like garbage and forcing you to spend more on a crappy controller than the game itself.

Sir Prince said:
Hopefully they will make it actually playable on the PC without looking like garbage and forcing you to spend more on a crappy controller than the game itself.

Well now that they've broken into the market common sense would dictate the PC version will get as much development work as the other versions. Not like I care anyways - I have a PS3.

Vermillion_Hawk said:
Well now that they've broken into the market common sense would dictate the PC version will get as much development work as the other versions. Not like I care anyways - I have a PS3.
So you prefer to play in 720p rather than 1080p, do you?

Well ****. I really hope "more straightforward" doesn't mean "linear". I love the open world design of DS. Some things could use streamlining and polishing (interface, RPG mechanics, story, to name a few), but the world design is superb.

"More straightforward" probably means more combat, I think. Or more win-or-die situations, instead of "shield up, block, hit them = win". I'd love blocking that needs good timing instead of just waiting. Hm. Thinking about it now, maybe we'll have more complex combat.

Or maybe he means you'll die as soon as you start the game. Which I don't doubt will happen.

Back
Top Bottom