Dark Souls

Users who are viewing this thread

To be honest it's best to forget the Drake Sword and instead try and find a weapon which fits your playstyle. The Drake Sword generally makes the later part of the game harder when it becomes useless and then you're forced to jarringly transition to a new weapon type which you may not be familiar with.

Get it anyways for the rare weapons achievement though.

Vermillion_Hawk said:
To be honest it's best to forget the Drake Sword and instead try and find a weapon which fits your playstyle. The Drake Sword generally makes the later part of the game harder when it becomes useless and then you're forced to jarringly transition to a new weapon type which you may not be familiar with.
That's easy if you transition to a longsword like I did. And from a longsword to a Silver Knight sword. The movesets are almost identical for all of those. I figure straight swords are a good weapon for noobs to learn the game with. I might go for something a bit more fancy later.

Get it anyways for the rare weapons achievement though.
Who cares about GFWL achievements? :lol:

BTW, guys, have I told you how much of a **** this game is yet? So I'm in the Painted World of Ariamis, right? And there are bloated zombies that release toxic gas that poisons you when they're killed. They die in two hits for me, so what I swiftly learned to do was slash them twice, then quickly roll backwards to avoid the poison. Then I found a secret area with one of these zombies in a corner, facing the wall. So I thought, hey, free kill. I walked up behind it all quiet like, slashed it twice, and rolled back. Except this zombie had half the health of the others, so it died right after the first hit rather than after the second, and I got poisoned. This game's a ****!

Ringwraith #5 said:
BTW, guys, have I told you how much of a **** this game is yet? So I'm in the Painted World of Ariamis, right? And there are bloated zombies that release toxic gas that poisons you when they're killed. They die in two hits for me, so what I swiftly learned to do was slash them twice, then quickly roll backwards to avoid the poison. Then I found a secret area with one of these zombies in a corner, facing the wall. So I thought, hey, free kill. I walked up behind it all quiet like, slashed it twice, and rolled back. Except this zombie had half the health of the others, so it died right after the first hit rather than after the second, and I got poisoned. This game's a ****!
lel

You can use a chaos or fire weapon to neutralize its toxic effect. Using either one of the weapons will prevent the zombie from exploding.

Amontadillo said:
You should really just laugh at things like that. Makes things a lot funner.
I did, but c'mon, you can't deny that's just the work of an absolute *******. :lol:

Chewbacca said:
You can use a chaos or fire weapon to neutralize its toxic effect. Using either one of the weapons will prevent the zombie from exploding.
Eh? That's actually a useful tip, I didn't know that. Thanks. :smile:

BTW I'm still not seeing the fabled difficulty. Remember this, posted a long time before the game even came out on PC?
Scully said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX3AY-ZNsmI&feature=g-vrec&context=G284411aRVAAAAAAAAAQ
I laughed so hard watching that. Well, I'm past that bit now. Took me all of three attempts to beat those dudes.
Though I did lose 200K souls to those ****ing skeleton wheels in the narrow tunnels underneath Ariamis. Nowhere to dodge and only enough stamina to block one, not two. That was slightly annoying.
I'm starting to think of this game as more of a puzzle game than a hack and slash action game. It's all about figuring out the trick. Once you know what the enemies' weakness are (and don't do something stupid, like run in the middle of a group), you become untouchable.

Backtabbing will prevent you from being poisoned. Also, don't block skeleton wheels, it'll end up getting you killed, as you've seen. In fact, you're better off not blocking at all in most circumstances. Dodging will always be more beneficial, except in maybe one or two circumstances, and even then using a relatively unconventional shield.

No way, blocking is great. Especially if you use a spear, you can block and attack at the same time. Just make sure to release your block when you're at a safe distance so your stamina regenerates.

Vermillion_Hawk said:
Blocking will always end up getting you killed at one point or another where dodging would save you. For example, the Four Kings.

Tower Shield +15 worked fine on NG+ four kings AND skeleton wheels. I could even kill the painted world skeleton wheels with my sorcerer dude using +5 eagle shield and a moonlight butterfly horn

Vermillion_Hawk said:
It often autosaves right as you anger NPCs like that, so ending the process might not help, unless the save system works differently on the PC.
Oh, I guess that wouldn't work, then. I used that method when I accidentally equipped the Ring of Favor and Protection and didn't want to break it by removing it.

I always found it fun to bait gank squad hosts into attacking the smithy in Anor Londo. Often times I'd just end up cornering myself but it's hilarious once you meet a host dumb enough to bite. It's pretty dirty but I shed no tear for the ganking community. The death threats are an added bonus. :roll:

To be honest invaders shouldn't really be getting annoyed over the so-called "gank squads". You lose nothing but a little time when you invade, and it doesn't hurt anything but your pride when you end up losing. Additionally, you have the choice to end your stay in the host's world at any time - the only tool at the host's disposal is a disconnect.

Pft, gank squads? How about some guy ranting at me because apparently healing myself is unfair? *****, you're invading my world to murder me and steal my souls and humanity and you expect me to fight by some unwritten gentlemen's rules? **** off! You can heal yourself perfectly fine as an invader too, the fact that you're unwilling to spend your precious humanity to do it is your problem, not mine. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom