Dark Souls

Users who are viewing this thread

Nahkuri said:
I see. How's the performance? Does it require the space computer 10K to have good FPS, like GTAIV did when it came out on PC?
It should play well on modern machines, unless you're on a less than beastly laptop.

Though be warned that if you apply the high res fix, you might experience some rather severe framerate drop when you have lots of smoke or fire effects particles on screen. See my earlier post about that.

Vermillion_Hawk said:
You don't even know the half of it Ringwraith. People used to put "Rear Passage Ahead" in front of every female NPC in Demon's Souls. Not to mention that I see a lot of "Need Head" messages in front of female NPCs in Dark Souls, along with the obligatory "Try Holding With both Hands" message every so often.

Nice chest was always a popular one I saw. Even before the half spider lady...

Splintert said:
Has anyone gotten to Sen's Fortress yet?

I was doing great, then a chest devoured my face.

Sen's Fortress was brutal when I first encountered it. Once you run through though you can anticipate the traps.

Mimic's are great. I really like the art design. They're probably my favorite enemy in the game. I would recommend hitting every chest from now on before you open it.

Nah, you get that after killing the last mimic in Anor Londo if I recall correctly.

I don't know why I'm spoilering everything. I don't think I'm giving away pertinent plot information at this point.  :???:

Does anyone know what the crap is this weapon? It isn't whip, notched whip or the guardian tail whip

zzz_zps2341f17d.png

Or is it made of the mysterious Guardian Soul..?

It's the famous "Name" whip. It does damage, has durability and even has weight. It's available and has a special note.
http://darksouls.wikidot.com/whips

Um, did it need updating? AFAIK the reason they went with GFWL was precisely so that they didn't have to write new netcode.

Ringwraith #5 said:
Um, did it need updating? AFAIK the reason they went with GFWL was precisely so that they didn't have to write new netcode.

I haven't played it -- I'm running with what I've heard, and what I've heard is that the multi is a broken monstrosity.

Well one thing that's wrong with it is this:

JDSs4.png

sW9L7.png
What complete ****ing retard designed that!? Why does it need to exit to the menu to drop out of online mode? Would it really have been that difficult to just make the messages and ghosts disappear? And why does the game need to be restarted to re-establish online mode? This is idiotic.

BTW, the "framerate problem" was caused by my backup program kicking in at the scheduled time, which caused the game to freeze for a coupe of seconds. Afterwards it was fine but nope, can't continue! Christ...

To be fair, this is only the second time this has happened to me in 70+ hours of playing this game and it's caused by the weird backup program I'm using anyway, so it's not really a huge issue. An insignificant blemish on one of the best games I've ever played. But it's still retarded.

It happened to me once when I unplugged my laptop. But other than that it's been fine. Also, I'm quite liking the multiplayer, it's certainly more reliable than it ever was on the PS3.

Back
Top Bottom