Dark Souls

Users who are viewing this thread

Cordor said:
The trailer gives a vibe that it's set before Dark Souls 1, but it looks like its after everything; I didnt played DS2 so I know nothing

Don't know how much of a thing it will be in dks3, but Dark Souls 2 introduced the concept of cycles. Fire will fade, and a chosen undead will link it sooner or later. Maybe becoming a new lord of cinder? DkS 3 seems to be about Lords of Cinder waking up, which is probably a threat. The howling, flaming giant in the reveal trailer didnt seem like it was gonna cuddle puppies and spread the word of peace.

Here's 17 minutes of gameplay footage with 3 excitable and thoroughly ****ing annoying Jappers shouting into their mics.

And here's 4 minutes of knight gameplay clips, without anyone running their ****ing mouth at all.

I'm really liking the way it looks so far, though I'm a bit worried about the weapon arts thing. Removing parrying on anything but small shields, blegh. Movement and combat seems to be leaning towards DkS and Demon Souls rather than DkS2, which is good. Looks faster too, like Bloodborne.

The boss at the end of the second video is definitely Lord's Blade Ciaran. Only twisted and corrupted. Two curved swords, one silver and one gold, a dancing combo attack. Looks great.

Also, it reminds me a bunch of the first two stages of Boletaria/Lordran (same thing), especially the dragon.

Running across that bridge in Demon's Souls was one of the most intense experiences I've ever had.

Gon b gud

That's a neat comparison, but seeing how this is loooong after DkS 1, I doubt it's her. Especially since there's a female corpse holding her ring behind Artorias' grave.

It's not so bad in his videos, but it can get kinda underwhelming when your average fan uses it as an excuse to every bit of nonsense in the game.

So why do regular hollows keep coming back, but when you kill a character who's gone hollow, he's gone forever? -Flow of time in Lordran is convoluted.

If I kill Gwyndolin in Anor Londo first, why does the illusion of the sun remain? -Flow of time in Lordran is convoluted

Why could that spear knight stab me through a wall and another knight? -Flow of time in Lordran is convoluted.

How does it make sense that... -FLOW OF TIME IN LORDRAN IS CONVOLUTED

Yeah, the flow of time is only convoluted so the devs can reuse old assets and characters, and gameplay mechanics have some kind of explanation. Seems better to simply say that time isn't convoluted but rather that the essence of these characters life, their powerful souls, doesn't cease to exist across flame cycles. This is evidenced by the 4 great souls from DS1 reappearing in DS2 in some form, and the several different (re)incarnations of the dark soul.

Yeah - that would be the case, but I always felt the flow of time excuse was mainly as a pretty simple way of explaining the summoning of other players rather than anything else

That's all it is, I think. I can't remember any instance of the concept being explored in the story or lore otherwise. You do travel back in time in the DLCs, but it's not exactly the same.

Back
Top Bottom