Dark Knights switch alligiencies

Users who are viewing this thread

Zephilinox

Knight
When the Dark Knights spawned, I went up to one and with my 10 persuation, talked him into joining queen katilus of praven as a vassal, then I went up to the rest and did the same, all of them joined, in future versions having them either be impossible to recruit, or very hard, would make me feel a lot less like I was cheating, not only did the Dark Knight Incursion end there but the kingdom of swadia got over 1000 DK troops O.e

ThunderClaw said:
Post this in the bugs topic with a savegame.

I deleted it a while back, besides, just because it isn't a feature doesn't mean it is a bug, this was more of a suggestion and since the suggestion topic got depinned I made this thread.

Zephilinox said:
When the Dark Knights spawned, I went up to one and with my 10 persuation, talked him into joining queen katilus of praven as a vassal, then I went up to the rest and did the same, all of them joined, in future versions having them either be impossible to recruit, or very hard, would make me feel a lot less like I was cheating, not only did the Dark Knight Incursion end there but the kingdom of swadia got over 1000 DK troops O.e

Well, with 10 Persuasion, maybe that's a deserved win. Fridge Brilliance perhaps, in that someone who has a greater force of personality than Lady Larktin could show those upstart Dark Knight Vassals the way of the light!

The current intent of the DKs in the code is that they should basically be mindlessly antagonistic and should only swap allegiances in very distinct edge cases.  So at least in the way we inherited this code, it's a bug.

That said, if we want to call it a feature instead I'll be the last person to complain about it.  I kinda hate the way the DKs are implemented right now.

Also, the suggestion topic got unpinned because soulmata and I work in a much more focused way than some of our predecessors.  We're not really in the habit of randomly picking out things to do and then doing them.  We're in the habit of setting a goal, getting that done, and tweaking it later if need be.  Consequently, random feature suggestions aren't going to get noticed if they're not what we're working on right now.

I realize I said this once already in the now-unpinned topic, but I'm going to keep explaining it until folks understand.  It's only fair.

ThunderClaw said:
The current intent of the DKs in the code is that they should basically be mindlessly antagonistic and should only swap allegiances in very distinct edge cases.  So at least in the way we inherited this code, it's a bug.

That said, if we want to call it a feature instead I'll be the last person to complain about it.  I kinda hate the way the DKs are implemented right now.

Also, the suggestion topic got unpinned because soulmata and I work in a much more focused way than some of our predecessors.  We're not really in the habit of randomly picking out things to do and then doing them.  We're in the habit of setting a goal, getting that done, and tweaking it later if need be.  Consequently, random feature suggestions aren't going to get noticed if they're not what we're working on right now.

I realize I said this once already in the now-unpinned topic, but I'm going to keep explaining it until folks understand.  It's only fair.

well, having a single thread to organize suggestions for future skimming when lacking any ideas seems better than going through 10 pages of this subforum looking for them.

in any case, I realize the massive rebalancing of items and troops will take quite some work and time, and don't expect much else for a few weeks.

Zephilinox said:
well, having a single thread to organize suggestions for future skimming when lacking any ideas seems better than going through 10 pages of this subforum looking for them.

I agree with this. I'll make an official suggestions thread shortly and try to manage it the same way bugs are managed (such that pending suggestions are in a list at the top everyone can see immediately)

Back
Top Bottom