Dark Knights Invasion!

Users who are viewing this thread

So, been a fan of this mod for a long time, but I have a snag that's been in the game since I started playing, and really drove me away; it's the Dark Knights. Now hear me through, those that are about to say "Just turn them off"; I actually LIKE the Dark Knight invasion. It adds a definite endgame to a game otherwise easy after a certain point.

However, the problem is that I seem to end up getting the Invasion extremely early; the most recent one was at day 19! This means that I am in no way shape or form able to help the lords protect fiefs, I am not able to stop the Invasion and as a result one by one the kingdoms get curbstomped. By day 50, they had already taken 5 towns! I want the Dark Knights in, but I do not want them to appear until later on in the game. Is there any way to make their invasion wait for day 100 or so? Is there any way to make it configurable? Am I just stupid and it's already ingame?

I checked it out, because I was sure there was an option in the game which allowed you to set the time they would invade, but no, it seems like they removed it because I cannot find it anymore either.

It has been changed to fully random at some time, and I have kept it this way since I started working on the code.

I guess it would make sense to guarantee some safety period though.

50th day and DK start attack,in short time take all Orange and Green Towns,only 1 Green left
im still "free" so im in war with DK ,they are so strong 1 hit im dead  :iamamoron:  :sad:

Hi,

For those having problems with DK invasions, just do not allow the DK invasion at the start. Once you're feeling confident, like maybe 300 days into the game, you can go to Mod Options and click on DK Invasion. Immediately once you start moving you'll see the invasion begin. Happens to me always. In that way you can actually choose when you want them to invade.

you sure,we can later to change it? i like DK but they are just so strong,and i think their moral is so big.
i need to start new one game :sad: this is end by DK  :iamamoron:
for sure,on "random" it would be great if they come after 300+ days.
but 50 or 200 (old version) is to early.
with cheats yes,DK can be defeated:grin: just,i dont use cheating.

unfortunately DK is not hard to defeat. Get a lot of archers, wait till they get a city or a castle suitable for archers and then attack. You will lose some men but they will lose almost all the army. Then, when 2 or 3 DK remain on the castle, attack with blunt weapon to capture them.
After this the IA will try to re-capture the castle immediately: wait outside and let them to get the castle without fight, wait until the main lord leave the castle (to avoid to fight vs 300 or more) and then attack again.
Recruiting the DK captured you will have an your personal DK army.

Lol i have a trick to make me super OP, i downloaded troop editor and gave me the stuff of lady larktin xD, Im even fighting like 300 bandits alone and im dominating. And when i help someone to defend a town or castle, im the only one who is killing dark knights. I mostly like playing with cheats :razz:.

Well looks like I'm going to have to start my game over and turn off dark knights.  Was in a city defense with 1000 troops and "we" only managed to kill 30 DK's, and wound 10 more.  I'm pretty sure I killed all 30, and the friendly AI only managed to wound 10.  1:100 kill/death ratio seems a bit off for any faction vs Dark Knights (I'm with the Swadian's BTW).  Maybe they are a little overpowered?

Actually looks like I can go back to one of my older saves (Thankfully I encountered them early enough in their invasion I still have saves going back to before they invaded and can just turn it off in the options).

Just wondering when will dark knight invasion starting.  It is been 38 days that haven't show up yet.  I am playing on brutality mode.  Can't join any factions meaning can't recruit any peasants.  Only recruited 7 hero and rescue 5 top tier troops from bandits.  Kind of stuck.  Help!  Thanks

talk2dhand120 said:
Just wondering when will dark knight invasion starting.  It is been 38 days that haven't show up yet.  I am playing on brutality mode.  Can't join any factions meaning can't recruit any peasants.  Only recruited 7 hero and rescue 5 top tier troops from bandits.  Kind of stuck.  Help!  Thanks

8 in game months I think.

soulmata said:
This thread is damn old but...

for .625, they will invade between the 9th and 10th month of gameplay, which translates to between day 275 and day 305.

I believe, I reached that time duration, even preped for them, but haven't shown yet, any idea why?

Back
Top Bottom