SP Medieval Fantasy Dark Continent

Users who are viewing this thread

maker_of_pixels said:
Okay this is the error that tend to ruins things the most:

Error: no such directory C://program files/mountandblade/modules/WWZ/strings.txt

^Simple, but i dont know how to fix.

The next is a very very basic error:

Error: 'trp_Geoffrey' is not defined
and somthing very very similar:
Error: 'trp_tournament_master' is not defined.

Thats just a few, i can't see any others for now.
check your WWZ folder for strings, it may not be there and if it isnt simply make a new folder

EDIT: oh and i do not know how to fix the other error. And also how is your RTS going?

maker_of_pixels said:
Okay this is the error that tend to ruins things the most:

Error: no such directory C://program files/mountandblade/modules/WWZ/strings.txt

^Simple, but i dont know how to fix.

Right. See if that file exists. If it doesn't then check that module_stings + header_strings +process_strings exist in your module folder. If they do then fix the other error first as this could be your problem.

maker_of_pixels said:
The next is a very very basic error:

Error: 'trp_Geoffrey' is not defined
and somthing very very similar:
Error: 'trp_tournament_master' is not defined.

Thats just a few, i can't see any others for now.

I'm assuming you have defined these... don't mix cases in character names, so no capital letters ANYWHERE. Not sure why tournament master breaks, check the lines above this in module_troops to check that they have full syntax plus the obligatory , at the end. Watch those square brackets too...

Hold on let me try somthing for the tournament master...
You see on the tournament master, i gave him a lamellar vest instead of the nomad armor.
But now i figured out the problem. Instead of ["tournament_master",
it was ["tournamer_master",
I fixed that, and im trying it out now...

But for Geoffrey(yes, im taking the name from the module system documentation)

["Geoffrey","Geoffrey","Geoffrey", tf_hero, scn_the_happy_boar|entry(6),reserved, fac_commoners,[itm_linen_tunic,itm_hide_boots,itm_club],def_attrib|level(6),wp(60),knows_trade_3|knows_inventory_management_2|knows_riding_2,0x00000000000c600301c2510211a5b292],

Perhaps, he has the same face code as Marnid, so maybe that is what is causing it?

Okay so I fixed the no strings one.
Tournament Master is not fixxed.
And i see a problem with Geoffrey. Since heroes in 903 spawn at different locations, how do i define this for him?

Stupid out of date Documentation.

Alright i am fricken sick of this Python. Sure, they say its "User-friendly"
Yeah, but then you get errors for somthing you never even touched.
Worst langauge you can call user-friendly

Anyway, the new error, happens to do with somthing i did not edit.

TypeError: 'type' is not scriptable

Yeah, where did i type 'type'...????????????????????????////////

No, type as in variable type.  You are probably missing a comma, bracket, parentheses, or you are trying to put the wrong variable type someplace, etc.

Python is actually user friendly and very easy.  Although we aren't writing python code, we are writing M&B module system code (if thats what you want to call it).

Post all of the code in your troops file and I'll take a look.

Elenmmare said:
Haha I think it is Raneman. "it".

I love watching this mod thread because its fracking funny.

Glad someone agrees.

Can someone explain to me why the front page of this thread is unchanged for months? Is this mod dead? WWZ is a zombie mod right?

I'm not to sure with Madagascar being one of the last holds- it would not be able to support such large numbers, being a mainly tropical island. Sure, in New Zealand they could devour sheep  :smile:/farm the lush fields..etc, but Madagascar?

I don't think anyone would mind about you changing your story in your mod.

I thought alot of people would await the modern-zombie-WWZ type mod... well heres my changes... it might be easier for me to mod with this...(edits first post)

Cool. A bit of a more realistic and easier setting. Just make sure you don't do a remake of Demize's mod :smile:. I still like the idea of the last refuges for humans- maybe make them places like Sicily, Ireland (maybe all of U.K) and Iceland? This does sound better. You also won't have to deal with a complete item makeover.

I was hoping for a modern  :cry: but i guess i could do with another medieval undead mod but at least put in a arquibuss or something

Back
Top Bottom