OSP Dark Ages 3D Art Dark Age Pack- .160 Release Done

Users who are viewing this thread

Low poly for now. Needs to be reduced in polies especially on the handle.
OIjDMge.png

Blade is the high poly version of the blade. All other are low poly.

Gothic Knight said:
Low poly for now. Needs to be reduced in polies especially on the handle.
OIjDMge.png

Blade is the high poly version of the blade. All other are low poly.
Great looking mesh!
Howard P. Lovecraft said:
You will make me put Saxons in my mod.  :razz:
But yes, low poly for M&B is best.
such swords were common in all north Europe as it was germanic style spatha, such swords were found in Denmark, Vendel (Sweden) and Norway also. And your kind help will be needed to make vertex and add scabbard to it. As you did with all swords for this OSP.

Scabbards are easy, don't worry about it. Once we all have those gorgeous models in our hands, scabbards will be the last to think of.
And thanks for the info, I was just looking for an excuse to use this in the mod. :razz:

Howard P. Lovecraft said:
Scabbards are easy, don't worry about it. Once we all have those gorgeous models in our hands, scabbards will be the last to think of.
And thanks for the info, I was just looking for an excuse to use this in the mod. :razz:
This is the scabbard for the weapon...
152-mec3009tifu-v.jpg

Looks awesome! If you want a break from swords, you can always try your hand at making some Carolingian concaved shields which I think would be far more correct for everyone to use in the Early Medieval Ages rather than the overrated end of the 10th century ship burial Viking flat round shields.

Yea sure. When I get an estimate on this. I plan to finish this up by the end of the month but I haven't done conventional texturing in months, just poly baking and substance painter.

Howard P. Lovecraft : Thanks. And the scabbard is actually gonna take more effort than the sword.

This looks great indeed, as all of your work really.

If you have ever the time and joy, would you consider also doing some European Bronze Age swords?

Nice! I, for one, delay the release of my mod to include your new content, so I am eagerly await for more. The shields sound quite a great idea. As for scabbards, we can use the scabbard from the spatha you made, until the new one is here.  :smile:

I would imagine Substance Painter being a lot more easier to make small intricate details on the sword than Zbrush. Zbrush seems to be a lot more efficient for stuff that would be extremely organic, and need to protrude. You already have some pretty good and clean high poly shapes done.

Slytacular said:
I would imagine Substance Painter being a lot more easier to make small intricate details on the sword than Zbrush. Zbrush seems to be a lot more efficient for stuff that would be extremely organic, and need to protrude. You already have some pretty good and clean high poly shapes done.

Substance Painter has mirrors only in one axis. Zbrush allows mirroring in more than two axis. Hand making a heightmap is more natural to do (I can't make paths and stuff in Painter)to do than trying to make small details via heightmap using Painter. So using a small brush to make engravings in Zbrush is the best bet for stuff like the handle and pommel.

Al_Mansur said:
You can also import alphas to make those details in SP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSoJDO1d0Tw

I know. I've made custom ones. If I had to resort to making custom alphas I'll rather just make a heightmap, bake the normal map and other maps from it, use some sp stuff and texture manually but I'll rather just sculpt the engravings. That's just for the handle though. Alphas might be useful for the hilt.

Attempt 1:
NqTDN3i.png

Attempt 2:
QSVcmuz.png

WIP3
zz2atP0.png

Back
Top Bottom