Dante's Inferno test

Users who are viewing this thread

Agent Griff

Master Knight
This test basically tells you in what level of hell you would be tormented from eternity, based on Dante's Divine Comedy and what he sees as the nine levels of hell.

So, take the test, and tell us where you would burn.

Before I reveal where I (and where most of the members will burn, I think) will spend eternity in torment, I will add that you needn't take this test seriously. And try to answer honestly. If you'll be answering for the hell of it (well, one way or another you will be doing this anyway) at least try to make it funny. :razz:

Here's where I ranked:

The wretched King Minos has decided your fate. His tale wraps around his body 8 times.
The sweet light no longer strikes against your eyes. Your shade has been banished to... the Eighth Level of Hell - the Malebolge!

Eighth Level of Hell - the Malebolge

Many and varied sinners suffer eternally in the multi-levelled Malebolge, an amphitheatre-shaped pit of despair Wholly of stone and of an iron colour: Those guilty of fraudulence and malice; the seducers and pimps, who are whipped by horned demons; the hypocrites, who struggle to walk in lead-lined cloaks; the barraters, who are ducked in boiling pitch by demons known as the Malebranche. The simonists, wedged into stone holes, and whose feet are licked by flames, kick and writhe desperately. The magicians, diviners, fortune tellers, and panderers are all here, as are the thieves. Some wallow in human excrement. Serpents writhe and wrap around men, sometimes fusing into each other. Bodies are torn apart. When you arrive, you will want to put your hands over your ears because of the lamentations of the sinners here, who are afflicted with scabs like leprosy, and lay sick on the ground, furiously scratching their skin off with their nails. Indeed, justice divine doth smite them with its hammer.

Now the Malebolge is basically the coolest place in hell. It's also the most hellish place to be, seeing as you will be spending your time in a big-ass amphitheatre of doom and torment, but nonetheless, only the cool people like pimps, seducers, magicians, thieves and fortune-tellers go here. There is only one place in hell that's lower down than the Malebolge and that is Cocytus, but that place is lame since you get frozen for being a traitor there. But you do get to hang with Lucifer so I guess it evens out.

Enjoy your stay!

EDIT: I forgot the actual link. Sorry.

http://www.4degreez.com/misc/dante-inferno-test.mv

Oh well.

I had to **** up sometime, didn't I?

No one can be perfect. I didn't know what to input in the search to be honest.

Oh well. Let's hope there are some people who haven't heard of this.

Velmu said:
Level 6 - The City of Dis - The Heretics

I suspect most people will actually end up there.

As I said, only the brave and few (and the totally honest I guess) end up in the Malebolge or Cocytus.

Agent Griff said:
Velmu said:

As I said, only the brave and few (and the totally honest I guess) end up in the Malebolge or Cocytus.

You know, it's not everyday that someone says I'm a bastion of bravery :wink:.

Swadius said:
Agent Griff said:
Velmu said:

You know, it's not everyday that someone says I'm a bastion of bravery :wink:.

SCOFF SCOFF SCOFF

The Dante's Inferno Test has banished you to the Sixth Level of Hell - The City of Dis!

Here is how you matched up against all the levels:
Level | Score
Purgatory | Very Low
Level 1 - Limbo | Low
Level 2 | High
Level 3 | Very High
Level 4 | Moderate
Level 5 | Low
Level 6 - The City of Dis | Very High
Level 7 | Moderate
Level 8- the Malebolge | Moderate
Level 9 - Cocytus | High

Level descriptions: http://www.4degreez.com/misc/dante-inferno-information.html
Take the test: http://www.4degreez.com/misc/dante-inferno-test.mv

First Level of Hell - Limbo
Charon ushers you across the river Acheron, and you find yourself upon the brink of grief's abysmal valley. You are in Limbo, a place of sorrow without torment. You encounter a seven-walled castle, and within those walls you find rolling fresh meadows illuminated by the light of reason, whereabout many shades dwell. These are the virtuous pagans, the great philosophers and authors, unbaptised children, and others unfit to enter the kingdom of heaven. You share company with Caesar, Homer, Virgil, Socrates, and Aristotle. There is no punishment here, and the atmosphere is peaceful, yet sad.

WHAT?!
Wow. I suck.
I would have thought I'd at least make heretic.

Zilberfrid said:
I am in seventh. Something tells me I won't like it there. I think my blasphemy and sodomy brought me there
seventh circle rules. welcome, brother

Seventh Level of Hell

Guarded by the Minotaur, who snarls in fury, and encircled within the river Phlegethon, filled with boiling blood, is the Seventh Level of Hell. The violent, the assasins, the tyrants, and the war-mongers lament their pitiless mischiefs in the river, while centaurs armed with bows and arrows shoot those who try to escape their punishment. The stench here is overpowering. This level is also home to the wood of the suicides- stunted and gnarled trees with twisting branches and poisoned fruit. At the time of final judgement, their bodies will hang from their branches. In those branches the Harpies, foul birdlike creatures with human faces, make their nests. Beyond the wood is scorching sand where those who committed violence against God and nature are showered with flakes of fire that rain down against their naked bodies. Blasphemers and sodomites writhe in pain, their tongues more loosed to lamentation, and out of their eyes gushes forth their woe. Usurers, who followed neither nature nor art, also share company in the Seventh Level.

Apparently your level of hell is not based on how evil you are but what kind of evil you are.

Code:
Purgatory 	Repenting Believers 	Very Low
Level 1 - Limbo 	Virtuous Non-Believers 	Very Low
Level 2 	Lustful 	Very High
Level 3 	Gluttonous 	Very High
Level 4 	Prodigal and Avaricious 	Very High
Level 5 	Wrathful and Gloomy 	Very High
Level 6 - The City of Dis 	Heretics 	Extreme
Level 7 	Violent 	Very High
Level 8- the Malebolge 	Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers 	Very High
Level 9 - Cocytus 	Treacherous 	Very High

Level 6, housewares, bedding, and thought crimes, *ding*! Going down...

PS I love how having depression automatically sends you to the fifth level of hell for being a wet blanket and a poor sport.

Crap, my post freaked me out.

Here.

Sixth Level of Hell - The City of Dis

You approach Satan's wretched city where you behold a wide plain surrounded by iron walls. Before you are fields full of distress and torment terrible. Burning tombs are littered about the landscape. Inside these flaming sepulchers suffer the heretics, failing to believe in God and the afterlife, who make themselves audible by doleful sighs. You will join the wicked that lie here, and will be offered no respite. The three infernal Furies stained with blood, with limbs of women and hair of serpents, dwell in this circle of Hell.

I say, non-believers should be immune to hell.

Huh, I thought I'd be at least two levels down from last time, but I'm still in Limbo,

For some reason I scored high for violent, despite being a pacifist too. Oh, and I scored very high for being a heretic, but that I'm proud of, despite getting it only because I don't believe in anything, and still read scripture. I thought you had to believe in something else to be an heretic?. On the others I scored moderate to very low.

Back
Top Bottom