Damnatus

Users who are viewing this thread

Has anyone here gotten to see Damnatus yet? I hadn't even realized it made it onto the internet until last week, and I have to say that it's really good (as long as you're familiar with the fluff). I never knew that Tech-priests were so cool, and all of the acting was totally topnotch. The special effects were really good too, completely blowing away my expectations of a B-genre movie. Even the parts that were well done were still perfectly adequate, and never hurt the immersion (something George Lucas could really use some advise on). The story was great as well, though I'll avoid spoiling it. It's definitely worth looking up, if you haven't already.

Edit: In hindsight, I should probably explain what the movie is. Damnatus is a low budget fan movie of the Warhammer 40k universe. The film was made by fans in Germany and follows a small number of mercenaries assisting in the investigation of a mysterious cult. Due to a quirk in the German copyright laws, Games Workshop denied the makers permission to make the film, but due to a translation error the film was finished before this was realized. Years later it was leaked onto the net, and it can now be found via a google search.

Bugmanina said:
Is it a free download? Do I have to pay?
It was a fan movie for Warhammer 40k that they were barred from releasing. Now it's floating around on the internet.

Bugmanina said:
A link would be nice...
Since it's not technically a legal movie, I'm not sure if the rules allow a direct link. You can find a subtitled version on Youtube though.

Bugmanina said:
Is it a free download? Do I have to pay?

A link would be nice...

I think I have it lying around somewhere, I could probably get it to you.

Also, it was pretty cool. Not the best movie ever made, but pretty cool.

Back
Top Bottom