Damage/protection conception: the elephant in the room

Do you like the armour protection/infliction damage calculations currently applied in SP Bannerlord

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

It's been there for a while :razz:
giphy.gif

Don't come to me with jedi tricks and try to make me put on the hood :lol:...It's been 84 years...That damage/proctection formula revision come + two years late...:iamamoron:

74nc.gif

And in the roadmap it mentioned that the armour effectiveness wouldn't adopt the Warband system. [...]
That is why I am being sceptical ?? But hey... let's give them the benefit of the doubt.

Anyone tested how armor and blunt damage changes on 1.8.0?
I haven't done any proper testing but I loaded an old vanilla save I had, and if I can't tell about the blunt damages thebow damages seem to barely have changed
two handed damages I dealt do seem lower though

I haven't done any proper testing but I loaded an old vanilla save I had, and if I can't tell about the blunt damages thebow damages seem to barely have changed
two handed damages I dealt do seem lower though
I'd be careful testing it on an old save. You can't guarantee the changes are all backwards compatible.

43EaoEc.png

While reduction of excessive blunt damage was welcome, the most important issue, arrow damage, has not been significantly changed. Only an increase of a few hits to kill at most, and no change at worst.

I'd be careful testing it on an old save. You can't guarantee the changes are all backwards compatible.
I agree, and it doesn't seem to be retroactive, did a quick cheat sandboxwith afterward with elite cataphracts and they seem significantly tankier, but arrows still hurt
I'm really confused with this change

It seems all melee weapons got nerfed because all of them have some level of blunt damage. I did not know this. But yes, it seems the bows are still the same.
Melee damage nerf is good. BL damage numbers against elite infantry was too high.

But arhers keep the same damage. It is not good.

I agree, and it doesn't seem to be retroactive, did a quick cheat sandboxwith afterward with elite cataphracts and they seem significantly tankier, but arrows still hurt
I'm really confused with this change
Armour got increased blunt damage resistance (a good change in itself)
But it seems pierce damage did not receive the same reduction, and since arrows deal most of their damage as pierce damage, they are still incredibly overpowered

Armour got increased blunt damage resistance (a good change in itself)
But it seems pierce damage did not receive the same reduction, and since arrows deal most of their damage as pierce damage, they are still incredibly overpowered
I have tried the noble long bow and it does deal less damages, at mid range I get something like 20-30 damages and headshots no longer one shot ennemies. thankfully close range is no longer one hit one kill but it remains really strong.
Throwing weapons got nerfed pretty badly tho, I receive at most 30 damages from close range, and dealt at most 130 damages against looters (without being mounted). I can't see them being viable tbh

I think there's a balance to be made - I'd argue warbands figures were too low for archery damage.

Though this is a balance change not a mechanical one. Mechanically the armour change seems a significant improvement.

I think there's a balance to be made - I'd argue warbands figures were too low for archery damage
On the high end (e.g. T2 shooter against T6 armour) I would agree, but the middle range (eg. T2 shooter against T2 armour, T5 shooter against T5 armour) is perfect.

Bannerlord should roughly double the resistance of armour to pierce (arrow) damage.

I would prefer to have much much higher penalty for pierce dmg from distance. Shots from very close should be dangerous but when at medium and long range shooting distance good armors should be safe. But that would also require I guess AI script to be updated to not shoot at heavy target from long and medium range just from close.

Back
Top Bottom