d3dx9_42 missing or cannot be found??

Users who are viewing this thread

ian626

Recruit
i just downloaded the new mount & blade and i get a couple of errors when i start downloading and then when i try to run it it says something about the d3dx9_42 file missing or somthing like that how can i fix this or get a new one of these files? would it work to copy that file from the old mount and blade and rename it d3dx9_42?? thnx

i just managed to install it without getting an error..... and all the files are there BUT now i start it and it plays the title thing and i press escape to skip it them a black screen comes up and i hear an error sound in the background so i go back to my desktop and there is a HUGE error message that says something about not being able to accept texture values?? how do i fix this?

That initial error means you do not have an up-to-date DirectX installed.

As per your other post, install this: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en

i loaded that update but i still get the same error? its something to do with textures not accepting post fx_textures as a value? and it comes up with a long list of that same sentance with only the number of the file changing so whats happening? should i try reinstalling it now that i have the latest direct x?

Back
Top Bottom