Version number
e1.8.0
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Kinopra

Recruit
Summary: I start the game and I get a black screen, the background sound of the forge is heard and I get this message d3d_device_context_->Map at rglGPU_device:::lock_texture Failed!" ,I will try to be as precise as possible how my problem started, first install the modding kit, I was seeing some textures but I did not touch anything or save anything, the only thing I did was reduce the graphics of the modding kit program, just see how the program worked , then I start the game normally, as time passed the textures seemed to fail I entered the menu and the npc with the red eyes the clothes of different colors and the game started to lag, I touched the graphics settings inside the game and I put them as recommended since I had them low I guess because of the modding kit, I left and when I came back this error started, I reinstalled the whole game from 0 and the error persists to the point that I can't even enter the game menu without that error, by the way I've been playing for more than 100 hours without any problem, I don't have the card overclocked, it all started a couple of days ago and I've seen several similar comments in other forums, I use the beta version 1.8.0 a and right now I'm confused downloading version 1.7.2 to see if the error persists, even so if someone knows a solution it would help me, also check the integrity of the game more than 3 times, delete the config folder so that a new one will be generated and nothing, it just happens to me With this game, it's not a problem with my video card. The other games run perfectly. Greetings and please help.

How to Reproduce:
when starting the game

Have you used cheats and if so which:
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
FgGDHnF.jpg

Computer Specs:
GPU: nvidia gforce 1660 super
GPU Driver Version: 516.59
CPU: I5 10400F
RAM: 16gb
Motherboard: h410 v2
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 1tb + 500 ssd nvme2

Last edited:
This crash is a GPU crash. Which is different from the other crashes that can be caused by gameplay actions. While we are still investigating the issue there is not a definite fix that we can offer on this issue at the moment. You can try the workaround below but please note that it is not a solid fix. Thanks for reporting. Sorry for any inconvenience.A possible fix for RGLGPU_DEVICE::LOCK_TEXTURE Crash
If you are crashing in the middle of the game with the “RGLGPU_DEVICE::LOCK_TEXTURE” error, you can try the workaround below to fix it:
  • Expanding the swap size on your hard disk. You can find more info regarding this here.

This crash is a GPU crash. Which is different from the other crashes that can be caused by gameplay actions. While we are still investigating the issue there is not a definite fix that we can offer on this issue at the moment. You can try the workaround below but please note that it is not a solid fix. Thanks for reporting. Sorry for any inconvenience.A possible fix for RGLGPU_DEVICE::LOCK_TEXTURE Crash
If you are crashing in the middle of the game with the “RGLGPU_DEVICE::LOCK_TEXTURE” error, you can try the workaround below to fix it:
  • Expanding the swap size on your hard disk. You can find more info regarding this here.
Well I managed to "fix it", I went from 1.8.0 to 1.7.2 and it was fixed, I can play without problems

I have 2 theories
1: on June 28 nvidia released a new driver and it may conflict with the new beta
2: that the loading screen, to fix the sharpness and brightness was bugged somehow and throw that error

Greetings, I will play in 1.7.2 until the other version is stable.

Back
Top Bottom