Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: Game crashes within a few minutes of opening. Error message below.
How to Reproduce
: After 20 mins in game. Occurs randomly.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No cheats
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video): https://prnt.sc/24uawaw
Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU
GPU Driver Version: 497.29
CPU: Intel I7 - 10870H
RAM: 32GB
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 512GB M2 SSD

This crash is a GPU crash. Which is different from the other crashes that can be caused by gameplay actions. While we are still investigating the issue there is not a definite fix that we can offer on this issue at the moment. You can try the workaround below but please note that it is not a solid fix. Thanks for reporting. Sorry for any inconvenience.

A possible fix for RGLGPU_DEVICE::LOCK_TEXTURE Crash
If you are crashing in the middle of the game with the “RGLGPU_DEVICE::LOCK_TEXTURE” error, you can try the workaround below to fix it:
  • Expanding the swap size on your hard disk. You can find more info regarding this here.

This crash is a GPU crash. Which is different from the other crashes that can be caused by gameplay actions. While we are still investigating the issue there is not a definite fix that we can offer on this issue at the moment. You can try the workaround below but please note that it is not a solid fix. Thanks for reporting. Sorry for any inconvenience.

A possible fix for RGLGPU_DEVICE::LOCK_TEXTURE Crash
If you are crashing in the middle of the game with the “RGLGPU_DEVICE::LOCK_TEXTURE” error, you can try the workaround below to fix it:
  • Expanding the swap size on your hard disk. You can find more info regarding this here.
I tried it but unfortunately nothing has changed.
So I sent crash report: 2021-12-29_17.07.06_e08eaecb887b09d21325f97b0ef21d12
And this is the crash screen: https://prnt.sc/254s4gn
Is game causing this or my laptop I really don't understand and this is really frustrating for me. I hope we can solve this asap.

Last edited:
And after crash I tried to restart my laptop. I'm getting Blue Screen of Death (video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error). So basically Bannerlord Crashes my Graphics Card and Windows. Please help me to fix it.

I just downgraded my OS to Windows 10. Installed all drivers to latest version but same damn thing keeps happening. Please at least tell me this problem's source is Bannerlord, not my GPU. How can Bannerlord crash my GPU and and Windows.

Hi there! Are you still encountering this issue in the latest version, please let us know. Best regards!

Hi there! Are you still encountering this issue in the latest version, please let us know. Best regards!
Hi Şule, i am also getting this error. Latest version of game and graphic card driver already installed, game files verified. But still this error is occuring in random moment.

Were you able to see the crash uploader tool? If you can upload your crash to us we can check it out. Please don't forget to copy the Crash ID and write it here so that we can find it.
More info about the crash uploader tool can be found here.

Turned OFF Subsurface scattering FIXED MINE! No Crashes!!!!
Happy Bannerren!

Edit Update:
And power set to balance in control panel

Last edited:
This is the problem with rogue pointer bugs, you think you've fixed the problem but you've just moved it elsewhere that doesn't crash the system. I highly suspect this is the problem. I would say it's a driver bug but this problem seems to pop up with both Nvidia and AMD cards !

i had this error with my GTX 1080 8G mem GPU, I had reduce performance to LOW to get it run. i then upgreyyyyed my GPU with 24G mem, problem went away .. not fixed, just went away.

Gamers in the past have pointed to old Shader caches as the cause, still to be proven.

Back
Top Bottom