Resolved d3d error makes Bannerlord impossible to play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.5
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
2020-12-31_12.51.59_8f3794ad4a45bb96b8619fbcdaa6fa95

juicemcflare

Recruit
Computer specs:
i9 10850k cpu
Radeon 5700 xt (Before you clown me the 3080s are sold out. Currently waiting for them to become available again.)
Windows 10

Because I am a new account I cannot post pictures but the text for the crash goes as follows:

d3d_device_context-> Map at rglGPU_device::lock_texture
Failed!
The GPU device instance has been suspended. Use
GetDeviceRemovedReason to determine the appropriate
action.

Last Executed Marker: Only supported with nVidia GPUs and Windows 10

What causes the crash:
Literally any time I enter the game out of the main menu for more than 25 seconds. I move slightly and I receive the error. No other game I own crashes like this.

Things I have done to fix the error:
Updated graphics cards
Verified files three times
Completely uninstalled and reinstalled game twice
Bought and installed all potential updates through Driver Easy
Given security permissions to the game as admin
Reducing particle effects to low and overall game settings to medium
Limiting frames to 60
Disabled radeon sharpening and other graphics card capabilities I have read cause the crash
Downloaded dxdiag as a text file and ensured it was up to date
Other things I have read on reddit over the last two weeks I have tried to play the game unsuccessfully.

I honestly just really want to play the game and am finding this incredibly frustrating. Please help me.

Computer specs:
i9 10850k cpu
Radeon 5700 xt (Before you clown me the 3080s are sold out. Currently waiting for them to become available again.)
Windows 10

Because I am a new account I cannot post pictures but the text for the crash goes as follows:

d3d_device_context-> Map at rglGPU_device::lock_texture
Failed!
The GPU device instance has been suspended. Use
GetDeviceRemovedReason to determine the appropriate
action.

Last Executed Marker: Only supported with nVidia GPUs and Windows 10

What causes the crash:
Literally any time I enter the game out of the main menu for more than 25 seconds. I move slightly and I receive the error. No other game I own crashes like this.

Things I have done to fix the error:
Updated graphics cards
Verified files three times
Completely uninstalled and reinstalled game twice
Bought and installed all potential updates through Driver Easy
Given security permissions to the game as admin
Reducing particle effects to low and overall game settings to medium
Limiting frames to 60
Disabled radeon sharpening and other graphics card capabilities I have read cause the crash
Downloaded dxdiag as a text file and ensured it was up to date
Other things I have read on reddit over the last two weeks I have tried to play the game unsuccessfully.

I honestly just really want to play the game and am finding this incredibly frustrating. Please help me.
You can try the recommendations from the developers at this link. If the solutions in this thread do not help you, please wait for a response from technical support. I would also like to ask you to share a screenshot of your error.

You can try the recommendations from the developers at this link. If the solutions in this thread do not help you, please wait for a response from technical support. I would also like to ask you to share a screenshot of your error.
I have done all of the things that post has suggested. Nothing helped with the issue.

Here is a photo of the crash error.
vG_Zxe2qtlEd5iP5XfOeo6M3da7hBaPoUaozKRsFJxN9eSEgmrXPLNKW-iVtKJMpJS7uvRD30xE9XrPhffrQusLBX3DY0_eyfzTv1QMDVTpt0Nl1jmywsVgPCi6VX01ScucgaW-v

Hi! Forwarded to the QA team for further investigation. I will update this thread when I hear back from them. Thanks for reporting!

Can you make sure you're using your GPU instead of the integrated one? Then please try it again after deleting the Shaders folder and verifying the game.
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Shaders

As the required information was not provided within 2 weeks, this thread is marked as resolved. If the issue still continues, please update this thread.

Back
Top Bottom